Secret Santa 2016

Comments

• whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

I got mine today and is so utterly fucking fantastic! I squealed like a little girl over the skull measuring spoons! And an amazing set of pins and stickers too. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Lizabelle1217 so much! It was perfect.. happy new year!! imageimage

photo 09edfb65-9fac-4c92-931e-93e1b72df482_zps9dydasvx.jpg

Isn't this place great??? Hello from a fellow resident of Co!
  • lizabelle1217lizabelle1217 Central Jersey Posts: 222

I got mine today and is so utterly fucking fantastic! I squealed like a little girl over the skull measuring spoons! And an amazing set of pins and stickers too. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Lizabelle1217 so much! It was perfect.. happy new year!! imageimage

photo 09edfb65-9fac-4c92-931e-93e1b72df482_zps9dydasvx.jpg

You're so welcome @Krissyg303 !! I just couldn't pass up those spoons when I found them! :)
    Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!!!
  • Krissyg303Krissyg303 Longmont, Co Posts: 14
    Where about do you love @whispering hands ? And thank you again @lizabelle1217 ... I'm hoping my package made it okay to my Secret Santa..
    Kristin G

"I know I was born & I know that I"ll die, the in-between is mine."

6/19/1995 Red Rocks Ampitheatre, Morrison
    6/23/1998 Fiddlers Green, Denver
    10/20/2000 Mesa Del Sol, Albuquerque
    4/01/2003 Pepsi Center, Denver
    7/02/2006 Pepsi Center, Denver
    11/29/2013 Jobing.com Arena, Phoenix
    10/09/2014 Pinnacle Bank Arena, Lincoln
    10/22/2014 Pepsi Center, Denver

8/5/2016 Fenway Park
    8/7/16 Fenway Park
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    edited December 2016
    Wow!!! I received mine today from AJHall13. It's amazing! I especially love the hiking wine glass, built for rough terrain! ;) I'm sending pictures to Dimitris to post. Thank you so much Alex!! PJ fans are the absolute best!
    Post edited by hauntingfamiliar on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589

I'm so sorry if my gift hasn't made it to the other side of the world yet!! Please be rest assured it is on its way...
    It is nearly Christmas here in New Zealand. The forecast is for a beautiful summers day, so we will be enjoying the sun with a BBQ and some nice cold ciders.
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Hi Wendy,
    Apologies for the late update...we traveled to Vermont to be in the snowy mountains for Christmas. Left on the 22nd and returned late last night -- sometime in-between there your gift package arrived!
    I will open them tonight and post pictures but I did open the card to see who sent this box of goodies. Thanks so much and I am excited to open this evening with my wife.

Thanks!
    Brett
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • DesirePJDesirePJ Denmark Posts: 94

Today i got another thing in the mail from My secret santa and look at all the amazing stickers i got, i´m so happy thank you so much Lauren <3 The xmas card with jeff is so amazing , i can´t thank you enough, been a fan since 92 and Jeff have always been my favorite member <3
    Roskilde 1992
    Roskilde 2000
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589

I'm so sorry if my gift hasn't made it to the other side of the world yet!! Please be rest assured it is on its way...
    It is nearly Christmas here in New Zealand. The forecast is for a beautiful summers day, so we will be enjoying the sun with a BBQ and some nice cold ciders.
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Hi Wendy,
    Apologies for the late update...we traveled to Vermont to be in the snowy mountains for Christmas. Left on the 22nd and returned late last night -- sometime in-between there your gift package arrived!
    I will open them tonight and post pictures but I did open the card to see who sent this box of goodies. Thanks so much and I am excited to open this evening with my wife.

Thanks!
    Brett
    OK....A box of goodies wrapped in Star Wars paper. I'm a total star wars nerd so I loved that!

The box with a nice card from Wendy aka Tinkerbell.

Awesome coasters with faces that you can hold up against your own as you drink adult beverages.

A while sack of mustaches!

Sorry these are upside-down....Stupid Photobucket!

Beautiful New Zealand calendar.

Really cool coaster

Big PJ Scrabble magnets

Cool deck of cards

Silly socks!

The opposite of the Yes Button....To be used whenever my wife asks me a question this weekend.

This New Zealand Christmas ornament with really cool note on the back.

Choco Pineapple candy. Ate half the bag already.

Dad's bar magnetic bottle opener. This will be used at....Dad's bar!

Thanks so much Wendy....This is really cool of you.
  • Mine has not yet arrived but I'm not worried. It just means more to look forward to after Christmas!

And Merry Christmas to Dimi, our organizing force, and everybody else who participates in this wonderful tradition.

Oftenreading, if you still haven't receive your gift, my sincerest apologies. Times are a bit tight this year so I did have wait a bit to get it sent. I promise you it's coming soon. Albeit not a lot it has a lot of heart that went into creating it. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

Mine has not yet arrived but I'm not worried. It just means more to look forward to after Christmas!

And Merry Christmas to Dimi, our organizing force, and everybody else who participates in this wonderful tradition.

Oftenreading, if you still haven't receive your gift, my sincerest apologies. Times are a bit tight this year so I did have wait a bit to get it sent. I promise you it's coming soon. Albeit not a lot it has a lot of heart that went into creating it. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year!!
    No need to worry, Green Circle - it arrived today! And of course I understand. You really didn't need to send it priority as regular mail would have done the job just fine, but since you did, thank you. And thank you for much for the gifts.

Green Circle send a great picture montage of the band together and of individual members. I'm sorry that I am not arty enough to be able to describe it properly, but it's printed on fabric on a wood frame. There was also a sticker and a lovely note. Thank you so much, Theo! I will send a pic to Dimi for posting.

(and by the way - was it chance that we got each other for SS or did you request a reciprocal exchange? If by chance, then what are the odds??)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

Where about do you love @whispering hands ? And thank you again @lizabelle1217 ... I'm hoping my package made it okay to my Secret Santa..

Out here in Colorado Springs. Love it here.!
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    CheekyCat said:

kce8 you will be receiving your gift soon!!
    Merry Christmas!

No worries! :smile:
    I'm sure it's still on it's way! And hey...so I'm lucky to still have something to look forward to!!! :wink:
    Happy New Year CheekyCat !
  • leekstokieleekstokie Stoke-on-Trent - UK Posts: 900
    Massive thank you to Alicia for my amazing gifts
    PJ
    2012 - Manchester 1 - 20/6 
    2014 - Amsterdam 1 - 16/6, Amsterdam 2 - 17/6, Milan - 20/6, Leeds - 08/07, Milton Keynes - 11/07
    2015 - Bogota - 25/11
    2016 - Philly 1 - 28/04, Philly 2 - 29/04, NYC 1 - 01/05, NYC 2 - 02/05
    2018 - LDN 1 - 18/06, Krakow - 03/07, Berlin - 05/07, Madrid - 12/07, LDN 2 - 17/07, Missoula 13/08
    2022 - LA 1 - 06/05, LA2 - 07/05, Berlin - 21/06, Frankfurt 28/07, London 1 - 08/07, London 2 - 09/07, Budapest - 12/07, Krakow 14/07, Amsterdam 2 - 25/07, NYC Apollo - 10/09, NYC MSG - 11/09, OKC - 20/09, Denver - 22/09.
    2023 - St Paul 2 - 03/09, Chicago 1 - 05/09, Chicago 2 - 07/09

EV
    2012 - Manchester - 28/07/12, 2017 - Amsterdam - 29/05/17, 2019 -Amsterdam - 09/06/2019, Madrid - 22/06/2019
  • I'm just curious, did anybody else not receive their secret santa gift?
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    All my tracking confirms my person received but no confirmation here in the thread yet.

I received a red wings sticker - maybe more to come - maybe not.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    FoxyRedLa said:

All my tracking confirms my person received but no confirmation here in the thread yet.

This, as well for me. Glad they got it, no need to post.
    I'm still waiting to receive mine, as well.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

aloty of peioplke message me that thye ship late..please be patient
    thanks

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    My SS gifts arrived in stages last week but I'm a little late in posting them. I was sick the week before Christmas and I'm behind on EVERYTHING.

First I received a package with an assortment of coffees from a shop in Frankenmuth, Michigan. OK, that was cool because I love love love coffee and drink it all day long. When I get cranky at work, my co-workers start offering to make a pot.

A couple of days after that, I received a really heavy box that had 2 12-packs of Faygo, flavored Redpop and Orange. This was a surprise, as they definitely don't sell this stuff in Texas. I called a Who friend who lives in Detroit and he raved about it. After trying it, I can tell you it's good and potent! The orange made my eyebrows stand up straight.

The next day I received a card from Lauren in Michigan, telling me about herself. I always ask my SS for a copy of a favorite PJ bootleg and she sent a blue ray of a show! This is so cool, and yes, I have a blue ray player. I enjoyed reading your note about (frozen) Michigan. Here in Texas we set a record high temp on Christmas Day of 80 degrees. The week before that it got down to 16. That's kind of typical December weather here with alternating warm and cold temps but usually not that extreme.

Thank you, Lauren, I'm enjoying your gifts! I enjoyed reading about Michigan and especially Faygo Pop! How cool that it's still made by the same family owned business. I've made a few trips to Benton Harbor, Michigan to visit my husband's brother and his family but that's as far as I've gotten. Detroit is one of the places I want to visit someday, so I hope we'll get to meet!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Mine has not yet arrived but I'm not worried. It just means more to look forward to after Christmas!

No need to worry, Green Circle - it arrived today! And of course I understand. You really didn't need to send it priority as regular mail would have done the job just fine, but since you did, thank you. And thank you for much for the gifts.

Green Circle send a great picture montage of the band together and of individual members. I'm sorry that I am not arty enough to be able to describe it properly, but it's printed on fabric on a wood frame. There was also a sticker and a lovely note. Thank you so much, Theo! I will send a pic to Dimi for posting.

(and by the way - was it chance that we got each other for SS or did you request a reciprocal exchange? If by chance, then what are the odds??)
    I'm so glad you received it!! Again my apologies and getting it to you late. I did not request the recip exchange just an act of fate again. Have a great New Year all my best. GC, (Theo)
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    deadendp said:

aloty of peioplke message me that thye ship late..please be patient
    thanks

Oh, I'm being patient!! Was just making conversation. :-)
  • Thanks to Liz and Tyler for the awesome Secret Santa gift!!
    I wondered why Schotzey wouldn't leave it alone....She could smell the milk bones : )

Denver 94 Red Rocks 95 1 & 2 Denver 98 Seattle 98 1 & 2 Vegas 2000 Denver 03 Vegas 03
    Seattle 04 1 & 2 Denver 06 1 & 2 Vegas 06
    Honolulu 12/02/06 & 12/09/06
    Seattle 12/09/2013
    Denver 10/22/2014
    EV San Diego 1 & 2 EV Chicago 1 & 2 2008
    EV Honolulu 1 & 2 2009
    EV Austin 11/09, 11/11 2012
    RNDM Boulder 11/18/2012
  • I received a flashlight in the mail which I assume is my Secret Santa gift, but I have no idea as it came directly from the company and had no message with it.
    8/25/98 Pittsburgh
    9/5/00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh
    9/26/15 Global Citizen Festival - New York
    4/28/16 Philadelphia
    4/7/17 Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    9/2/18 Boston 1
    9/5/18 Boston 2
    9/6/22 Hamilton
    9/8/22 Toronto
    9/11/22 New York
    9/5/23 Chicago
    9/7/23 Chicago
    9/18/23 Austin
    9/19/23 Austin
    edited January 2017
    A Fleshlight?
    I think your secret santa was likely @Wobbie.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Did my recipient receive their package? Haven't heard/seen anything.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

I received a flashlight in the mail which I assume is my Secret Santa gift, but I have no idea as it came directly from the company and had no message with it.

Are you able to contact the company to ask the name of the sender? I had to do that with a SS gift (not this SS) that I received. They were happy to tell me the name. I know it won't be the username, but perhaps it will help.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

My SS gifts arrived in stages last week but I'm a little late in posting them. I was sick the week before Christmas and I'm behind on EVERYTHING.

First I received a package with an assortment of coffees from a shop in Frankenmuth, Michigan. OK, that was cool because I love love love coffee and drink it all day long. When I get cranky at work, my co-workers start offering to make a pot.

A couple of days after that, I received a really heavy box that had 2 12-packs of Faygo, flavored Redpop and Orange. This was a surprise, as they definitely don't sell this stuff in Texas. I called a Who friend who lives in Detroit and he raved about it. After trying it, I can tell you it's good and potent! The orange made my eyebrows stand up straight.

The next day I received a card from Lauren in Michigan, telling me about herself. I always ask my SS for a copy of a favorite PJ bootleg and she sent a blue ray of a show! This is so cool, and yes, I have a blue ray player. I enjoyed reading your note about (frozen) Michigan. Here in Texas we set a record high temp on Christmas Day of 80 degrees. The week before that it got down to 16. That's kind of typical December weather here with alternating warm and cold temps but usually not that extreme.

Thank you, Lauren, I'm enjoying your gifts! I enjoyed reading about Michigan and especially Faygo Pop! How cool that it's still made by the same family owned business. I've made a few trips to Benton Harbor, Michigan to visit my husband's brother and his family but that's as far as I've gotten. Detroit is one of the places I want to visit someday, so I hope we'll get to meet!

Who Princess you're more than welcome! Glad to hear you're feeling better! I ordered you the 3 original flavors glad to see you only got 2. Ugh! Glad you liked it. I assumed you've always lived where you do and haven't had it before. It's kinda a big deal for us haha and we love or vernors too! But I do think they sell that where you live.

Any thoughts on the coffee flavors? I wanted to send you whole bean but wasn't sure if you grind yours.

Benton harbor is a nice area near a not so good area haha much like many places. I don't make it to that side of the state often. I would never have thought Texas gets down to 16!

I recently heard Ford is opening 700 jobs in Det. We may just see Det come back around!

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your gifts. Happy late holidays and new year!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    edited January 2017
    Super fabulous prezzie from my Santa!!!!!!! Thank you SO much Amanda, I just LOVE everything. Unreal, how did you know about my Ape Man Wishlist ?? :how_interesting: Great sleuthing on that one!! AND the Telluride sticker too. Wow. Socks were a complete bonus & I can't wait to sit & read that cookbook while wearing my new hat :wink: Thank you for being a part of Secret Santa this year & I'm so tickled we are friends on FB. Now we just need to meet up next tour so we can hug it out !!

photo 6713cc33-03e8-471b-a12c-e746753e9f92_zpswig7uknw.jpg
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    FoxyRedLa said:

Who Princess you're more than welcome! Glad to hear you're feeling better! I ordered you the 3 original flavors glad to see you only got 2. Ugh! Glad you liked it. I assumed you've always lived where you do and haven't had it before. It's kinda a big deal for us haha and we love or vernors too! But I do think they sell that where you live.

Any thoughts on the coffee flavors? I wanted to send you whole bean but wasn't sure if you grind yours.

Benton harbor is a nice area near a not so good area haha much like many places. I don't make it to that side of the state often. I would never have thought Texas gets down to 16!

I recently heard Ford is opening 700 jobs in Det. We may just see Det come back around!

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your gifts. Happy late holidays and new year!
    I got 3 flavors of Faygo! I didn't realize it at first but one case was half Redpop, half Grape. Good stuff! So far I've had the Peru and Jack Frost coffees and they are tasty. I have a coffee grinder but ground coffee is fine.

As for Texas weather, the state is so big that we tend to have something for everybody, lol. Around here, we usually have 40s and 50s in December, with the coldest temps in January and February. Seldom get snow in the winter but we usually get 2-3 ice storms, which I hate. The coldest I can remember it getting was 0 several years ago. After living in north Texas my entire life, I didn't see a white Christmas until I was 55 yo in 2009! It was something like the first one since the 1920s. Then it snowed for Christmas again in 2012. I'm not holding my breath for seeing another one. Our summer weather is something else entirely. Not for the faint of heart!

Thanks again and a happy new year to you!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161

Hi Wendy,

Thanks!
    Brett

Hi Brett

I'm glad that the parcel completed it's long voyage! I had a lot of fun putting everything together and my whole family had input. I love the Star Wars wrapping paper too!

Unfortunately our "Summer" has been anything but so here's hoping that your Winter is great.
    Wendy
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    imagephoto 20161226_090819_zpseks2zr4b.jpg" />

imagecoasters photo 20170105_145712_zps48q5au5a.jpg" />

How dumb am I...what I thought was beer was another awesome pressie!!! Thanks MrsItaly...you rock!!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!