New Album Updates?

13»

Comments

• Options
    crober72crober72 Bartlett, IL Posts: 80
    IamTom said:

jp307677 said:

wg said:

Riot Act is awesome. I would challenge anyone who doesnt like it to put it in their CD player and listen to it again. 10 times. It took me a minute to truly appreciate it. And i am a firm believer that "its all about WHEN the music hits you". Sometimes its after the first spin... sometimes 10 years later. I hated Jayhawks - Rainy Day Music the first three times I heard it....

I prefer other albums, sure, but Riot Act is great.

I loved it when it was released, but just hasn't stood the test of time for me. Don't get me wrong, it's PJ so there's some great stuff on there (Can't Keep, LBC, You Are, All or None)...but it does have some of the most forgettable songs of their career on it...and I'm sorry, but I think Help, Help may be the worst song they've ever released on an album (a tie with Marker in the Sand off Avocado)

Isn't it great how we have such wide and varied personal favourites...I love Marker! So much :)
    IamTom said:

jp307677 said:

wg said:

Riot Act is awesome. I would challenge anyone who doesnt like it to put it in their CD player and listen to it again. 10 times. It took me a minute to truly appreciate it. And i am a firm believer that "its all about WHEN the music hits you". Sometimes its after the first spin... sometimes 10 years later. I hated Jayhawks - Rainy Day Music the first three times I heard it....

I prefer other albums, sure, but Riot Act is great.

I loved it when it was released, but just hasn't stood the test of time for me. Don't get me wrong, it's PJ so there's some great stuff on there (Can't Keep, LBC, You Are, All or None)...but it does have some of the most forgettable songs of their career on it...and I'm sorry, but I think Help, Help may be the worst song they've ever released on an album (a tie with Marker in the Sand off Avocado)

Isn't it great how we have such wide and varied personal favourites...I love Marker! So much :)
    It is -- and it is great to follow a band that after 25 years could just churn a rehash of any of their classic albums and make a large portion of their fan base happy. But I prefer bands that don't just rehash their back catalog -- even if trying something new might mean missing the mark on occasion.