Follow Pearl Jam on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram to win prizes

Comments

• drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    First trivia question: How many weeks after retail stores have already had on their shelves, does it take a fan club member who ordered and paid for an album 4 months ago and apparently shipped 10 days ago to get it?

:wink:
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    First winner up on Instagram. 

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Are paying members here eligible?  I don't use any of those sites and didn't see anything on the main news page here (unless I simply missed it).

Seems strange if that's the case...hopefully I'm not being excluded for excluding myself from those places ;)
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    hedonist said:
    Are paying members here eligible?  I don't use any of those sites and didn't see anything on the main news page here (unless I simply missed it).

Seems strange if that's the case...hopefully I'm not being excluded for excluding myself from those places ;)
    I believe we most certainly are. @hedonist
    #excludedaswell
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    It's easy to follow them on those sites.  If you don't use the sites, you can't win. 
    kramer73 said:
    It's easy to follow them on those sites.  If you don't use the sites, you can't win. 
    But I follow them here.

It strikes me as a silly and unnecessary exclusion, especially for those who've been members of this site for years and may not be into other social media.

Ah well, I've learned that stuff'll happen that doesn't make sense to me - guess this is pretty low on the totem pole.  Good luck to those who are going for it.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    hedonist said:
    kramer73 said:
    But I follow them here.

It strikes me as a silly and unnecessary exclusion, especially for those who've been members of this site for years and may not be into other social media.

Ah well, I've learned that stuff'll happen that doesn't make sense to me - guess this is pretty low on the totem pole.  Good luck to those who are going for it.
    It is odd, isn't it? This is the only Pearl Jam social media site that one must pay to use, pre-dates the other PJ social media sites, and yet is typically the last place to get PJ info. Another example of the backassward way 10c treats its paying members. We typically have to rely on Demetrios (Thanks, D!) to do 10c's job around here and provide us with PJ related information.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:
    hedonist said:
    kramer73 said:
    But I follow them here.

It is odd, isn't it? This is the only Pearl Jam social media site that one must pay to use, pre-dates the other PJ social media sites, and yet is typically the last place to get PJ info. Another example of the backassward way 10c treats its paying members. We typically have to rely on Demetrios (Thanks, D!) to do 10c's job around here and provide us with PJ related information.
    Yes, I echo the thanks to Demetrios!  Even though it does ME no good :angry:

:peace:

Mods, any insight on this?
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    say NO to facebook
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    No reason to hate on social media giveaways. Giving away a few prizes to get more followers helps them market outside of the diehards on this forum. It'd be nice to see updates on the forum first, but sometimes social media scoops things up faster.

If they began doing concert presales, free downloads of holiday singles, or access to shop items without the 10c membership - then you can get angry. Otherwise, some of the things they are doing on social media are no different than them doing a SiruisXM ticket contest.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    edited July 2017
    This place is left over from an earlier time. Everyone who posts here is already a "caught" fan, and with contests, etc, they are trying to reel in new fans on the other social media.  At least, that's how it seems to me.

whats unfortunate about all these newer outlets is that they don't really allow friendships to form like this old format.  Facebook groups feel like this wash of strangers. There are lots of people but the unknown people appear and disappear without making any lasting impression!
    The only fans I know over on Facebook are people I've known for years from here.

Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    hedonist said:
    jeffbr said:
    hedonist said:
    kramer73 said:
    But I follow them here.

Yes, I echo the thanks to Demetrios!  Even though it does ME no good :angry:

:peace:

Mods, any insight on this?
    It's funny that whenever I try to share any PJ updates with my girlfriend (not a 10C or forum member) she tells me she already knew whatever I was telling her.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    For the people that do not want to get wrapped up in social media I can understand that. It is possible to join though and just follow Pearl Jam. You do not have to go any further with it then that and then you are not missing out on this stuff. 

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2017
    justam said:
    This place is left over from an earlier time. Everyone who posts here is already a "caught" fan, and with contests, etc, they are trying to reel in new fans on the other social media.  At least, that's how it seems to me.

whats unfortunate about all these newer outlets is that they don't really allow friendships to form like this old format.  Facebook groups feel like this wash of strangers. There are lots of people but the unknown people appear and disappear without making any lasting impression!
    The only fans I know over on Facebook are people I've known for years from here.

That really depends on the group. I know of PJ fan facebook groups where everyone is very much familiar with each other and real friendships are made. Some of these smaller closed groups have developed their own little communities where people know each other, and those who don't want to participate on some level in that community are politely removed from the group. And FWIW, this forum probably has more lurkers than it does posters, so I'm not sure it's quite accurate that this place isn't awash with strangers in a sense. They just aren't making their presence known most of the time.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

demetrios said:

Looks like it's at Wrigley Field - Ernie Banks statue... can't make the trek up, dammit.
  • tschav said:
    No reason to hate on social media giveaways. Giving away a few prizes to get more followers helps them market outside of the diehards on this forum. It'd be nice to see updates on the forum first, but sometimes social media scoops things up faster.

If they began doing concert presales, free downloads of holiday singles, or access to shop items without the 10c membership - then you can get angry. Otherwise, some of the things they are doing on social media are no different than them doing a SiruisXM ticket contest.
    Cool, glad u know when people are allowed to get angry 
    Cool, glad u know when people are allowed to get angry 
    Hey, I didn't give you permission... :)