Options

Fenway > Wrigley

13»

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,110
    I stayed with friends in Evenstan, so taking the L back after the show was extremely easy. I do agree with the comments that the pit was pretty full, but I had a really good time. I'm not that much of a talker but the few people I talked to in the back of the GA line or in the pit were really cool. I loved all the bars around Wrigley and I loved the setlists. They played my White Whale (sonic reducer) on night 2 which was epic and I loved how they busted out I got a feeling after Ledbetter. Loved the Surrender cover and got to hear Deep which was the last long I'd never heard from Ten. Never expected to ever hear Masters of War live either which was kickass.

I guess I feel the need to defend Wrigley as it's getting crapped on. I thought they were really good shows. They didn't unseat my all time favourites (Gorge 05, Boise '00, Vancouver '13) but I thought they were pretty damn fine :) I have a pretty high bar, so it takes a lot to unseat my favourites :)
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Didn't do Fenway, but gotta throw my vote in for Wrigley 2 being a great show. That easily joins my favs of Columbus 2010, Missoula 2012, Phoenix 2013 and Seattle 2013. But I've only been to 13 shows total, so my experience is statistically skewed.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I had no issues in the pit for Wrigley 2. I was maybe 20 people back from where Mike is....there was no crowding, pushing or anything. Maybe it was crazier closer to the front... To me having a pit is a plus, not a minus. To each his own.
  • Options
    philzonereddyphilzonereddy NH, NY Posts: 117
    Sarava said:

I had no issues in the pit for Wrigley 2. I was maybe 20 people back from where Mike is....there was no crowding, pushing or anything. Maybe it was crazier closer to the front... To me having a pit is a plus, not a minus. To each his own.

Yup...it's all in your own navigation of the moment...

MSG GA in May...I just hung out at the fence line in back...enjoyed the show and brews without issue...
    Rochester, NY>The Haunt...Ithaca>Syracuse>Troy, NY

Upstate '91 Tour Alumni...the rest is history...