that my offense could be capital

we digging for windows here
“Do not postpone happiness”
(Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
(Tim Rogers)

Comments

• Options
    Nice, but I would love to hear it with the full Rage treatment. *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    I like it

Now get RAGE Back together and do the damn thing!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,283
    I'd love to hear Rage again one day, but I like this because it's not a Rage track. It's just great to hear Zack again, and the sparse backing puts his voice at the centre of attention.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Excited for this. I saw that he and Jon Theodore had been together recently working on new stuff. Saw one of the first shows they played as One Day As A Lion six years ago. Looking forward to hearing more ZDLR.
  • Options
    Love hearing his voice again, but my god those instrumentals are shit. Sounds like a local DJ trying to get his mix tape into the night club.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I guess no more One Day As A Lion? I thought they were supposed to put out a full LP?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Love hearing his voice again, but my god those instrumentals are shit. Sounds like a local DJ trying to get his mix tape into the night club.

I've seen people compare it to Kanye which is why I avoided listening to it.
  • Options
    Sounds a little bit like Saul Williams.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    I love this track. Yes, I would prefer he was back with Rage, but this is a great track.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    meh...needs the rage treatment.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768

I guess no more One Day As A Lion? I thought they were supposed to put out a full LP?

I liked One Day as a Lion but I don't really like this.....
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    RobbyD462 said:

I liked One Day as a Lion but I don't really like this.....
    This is okay but I agree that One Day As A Lion was way better.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    This sounds just like a Run the Jewels song and it makes sense because of who produced it(El P).

It is very cool to hear his voice like others have said. So distinct!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I had to turn it off after thirty seconds- come on Zach, get morello back with you and fuckin tear shit up bruh
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

I had to turn it off after thirty seconds- come on Zach, get morello back with you and fuckin tear shit up bruh

I did the same thing lol

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,880
    he also sings in the Run the Jewels song "Close Your Eyes (And Count to Fuck)"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkGwI7nGehA
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

I mentioned this above and the small masses don't approve... Shame.

Run them jewels fast! Fuck the slowmo!!!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,880

I mentioned this above and the small masses don't approve... Shame.

Run them jewels fast! Fuck the slowmo!!!
    you did, lol sorry didn't see that comment.

You are right his new song does kinda sound like the run the jewels song. Not too bad.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    That is sad. Sooooo bad
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    These side projects that are brutal... I wish people would abstain from supporting them.

Zach, Maynard... need to work with their bands. These goofy side projects- bolstered with levels of support- encourage them to persist with the sub par music.

I watched Prophets on Saturday and couldn't help but think how cool it would be if Zach took his rightful spot with the band. But no... he's pumping out garbage instead.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

These side projects that are brutal... I wish people would abstain from supporting them.

Zach, Maynard... need to work with their bands. These goofy side projects- bolstered with levels of support- encourage them to persist with the sub par music.

I watched Prophets on Saturday and couldn't help but think how cool it would be if Zach took his rightful spot with the band. But no... he's pumping out garbage instead.

maynard especially is a joke now. I can't take that guy seriously at all. I wonder if the other guys in Tool look at Puscifer and just smack their collective foreheads.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680

I was at that same show on Saturday, and while I thought it was a killer show I couldn't help but think how much better it would have been with Zack. But what can you do. If he doesn't want to be in Rage anymore I'll happily go see Prophets anytime they are nearby. I thought they did a pretty good job combining Rage/PE/Cypress Hill tunes to create something unique.

BTW, Tim Commerford's new band Wakrat was pretty great. If you dig punk groups like Shellac/At The drive In/Fugazi, etc, I think you'll dig these guys to.
  • Options
    halv said:

I was at that same show on Saturday, and while I thought it was a killer show I couldn't help but think how much better it would have been with Zack. But what can you do. If he doesn't want to be in Rage anymore I'll happily go see Prophets anytime they are nearby. I thought they did a pretty good job combining Rage/PE/Cypress Hill tunes to create something unique.

BTW, Tim Commerford's new band Wakrat was pretty great. If you dig punk groups like Shellac/At The drive In/Fugazi, etc, I think you'll dig these guys to.
    unfortunately, he's whackjob. he doesn't believe ISIS to be real, apparently.

“We disagree on one main conspiracy theory of mine, which is ISIS,” Tim explained rationally. “I do not believe ISIS is real. I think there are terrorists, they do hate us – rightfully so, cause we’re bombing their children and killing their families. They hate us and they want to cut our heads off. But are they united in a war room as ISIS, wearing the same uniform, taking orders from the ISIS general? No. I don’t believe it. I don’t believe it. I believe that they don’t even know each other. They’re separated, and some live in Berlin, some live in San Bernardino, some live in Paris. They’re like-minded, but they’re not together.”
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I agree Puscifer is shit give me something I can use like a new Tool album!

• Options

halv said:

unfortunately, he's whackjob. he doesn't believe ISIS to be real, apparently.

“We disagree on one main conspiracy theory of mine, which is ISIS,” Tim explained rationally. “I do not believe ISIS is real. I think there are terrorists, they do hate us – rightfully so, cause we’re bombing their children and killing their families. They hate us and they want to cut our heads off. But are they united in a war room as ISIS, wearing the same uniform, taking orders from the ISIS general? No. I don’t believe it. I don’t believe it. I believe that they don’t even know each other. They’re separated, and some live in Berlin, some live in San Bernardino, some live in Paris. They’re like-minded, but they’re not together.”
    Beyond ignorant!
    Disappointed to say the least after reading Tims verbal diarrhea. :(

• Options
    halv said:

Ugh...I thought they were one of the worst live bands I've ever seen.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    edited September 2016
    as a huge rage fan i must admit that this song sucks. zach, get the band back together!
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

halv said:

Tell me you're talking about Wakrat and not the Prophets?
  • Options

halv said:

Wakrat of course.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited September 2016

halv said:

Wakrat of course.
    Pshew.

I'd agree. We were laughing at their last 'Rage wannabe' lyrics they closed their set with.

I think they went something like "You don't f**king care 'bout me... watchoo lookln' at?" (repeated 15-20 times)

Deep man. Deep.