Options

Are you aware of what's going on? Dakota Pipeline

123457»

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    polaris_x said:

An honest question,
    Why is this not being covered anywhere at all?

define not being covered? ... it's on the news sites i look at ... also, could be that US customs is doing their best to deny journalists ...
    "US customs"?
    Last I checked North Dakota is one of the 50 states so no reason to go through customs :dizzy:
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

polaris_x said:

An honest question,

define not being covered? ... it's on the news sites i look at ... also, could be that US customs is doing their best to deny journalists ...
    "US customs"?
    Last I checked North Dakota is one of the 50 states so no reason to go through customs :dizzy:
    http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-wednesday-edition-1.3874554/canadian-photojournalist-detained-for-hours-refused-entry-to-u-s-1.3874563

there are news outlets outside of the US covering this story ...
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826

polaris_x said:

An honest question,

"US customs"?
    There's a whole world of actual news out there beyond your 50 states
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Free said:
    one could only dream the rest of the country would hold itself accountable to everywhere else it has done the same thing
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544

polaris_x said:

An honest question,

"US customs"?
    There's a whole world of actual news out there beyond your 50 states
    WHAT?? NO there isn't :fearful:
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

Free said:
    one could only dream the rest of the country would hold itself accountable to everywhere else it has done the same thing
    Yep.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832

An honest question,

MSM doesn't give a shit about indigenous rights.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    As soon as Bafoon gets sworn in he will have the protesters removed he has to much at stake to not let this get completed !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832

As soon as Bafoon gets sworn in he will have the protesters removed he has to much at stake to not let this get completed !

he'll probably offer then $3 an hour to start working on it and call them lazy for not accepting.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298

he'll probably offer then $3 an hour to start working on it and call them lazy for not accepting.

That would not surprise me at all .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    You're just a bright ray of sunshine, aren't you Jose. :weary:
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

Wow, you guys are great at predicting the future...except for that little thing that happened in early November...you know, the thing that many of you said was never going to happen...
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJPOWER said:

Wow, you guys are great at predicting the future...except for that little thing that happened in early November...you know, the thing that many of you said was never going to happen...
    Get over it.
  • Options
    dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

Get over it.
    Hahaha, that is hillarious. A lefty telling someone to "get over it", buah ha ha ha ha!!! I almost peed!
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

Get over it.
    Hahaha, that is hillarious. A lefty telling someone to "get over it", buah ha ha ha ha!!! I almost peed!
    Full of class.

We will see who is laughing after 4 years under your next president.

Good luck with that. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

Get over it.
    Full of class.

We will see who is laughing after 4 years under your next president.

Good luck with that. :)
    Are you in the US? If so, he is also "your" next president, like it or hate it. If not, then I really don't care what your feelings are about our next president. That's not to say that you cannot whine and cry about it, but I personally just do not care when I hear outsiders complaining as they really have no ability to influence the matter. I agree, though, sometimes one needs to cry and vent about things. Take a note from Hillary and ask "What difference does it make at this point" or from yourself and "get over it".
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Trump transition team meeting with tribal leaders.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Trump transition team meeting with tribal leaders.

God help us.
  • Options
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    Yeah. God help us!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited December 2016
    http://www.sciencealert.com/that-thing-the-standing-rock-protesters-were-afraid-of-just-happened

Funny how pipeline accidents are barely covered in the news, eh?

Here are some lists of pipeline accidents in select countries, for those who don't quite believe the oil companies when they say pipeline accidents are extremely rare (or, even more, for those who do believe it!). Notice how the instances have seriously increased in the past few years, and also take note that that is far from all the accidents; there are links to many many more accidents within the lists: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pipeline_accidents
    (I actually lived 1 block from the 2007 accident in Canada. I also live 3 blocks from where the Kinder Morgan Pipeline twinning that was just approved by the Canadian Federal Government will end up and to where an oil storage facility's capacity will be tripled ... although not if the many, many opponents in BC can help it. The long hard fight against it continues!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

http://www.sciencealert.com/that-thing-the-standing-rock-protesters-were-afraid-of-just-happened

Here are some lists of pipeline accidents in select countries, for those who don't quite believe the oil companies when they say pipeline accidents are extremely rare (or, even more, for those who do believe it!). Notice how the instances have seriously increased in the past few years, and also take note that that is far from all the accidents; there are links to many many more accidents within the lists: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pipeline_accidents
    (I actually lived 1 block from the 2007 accident in Canada. I also live 3 blocks from where the Kinder Morgan Pipeline twinning that was just approved by the Canadian Federal Government will end up and to where an oil storage facility's capacity will be tripled ... although not if the many, many opponents in BC can help it. The long hard fight against it continues!

all environmental disasters are unreported or under-reported, gulf spill, fukushima.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited December 2016
    JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

all environmental disasters are unreported or under-reported, gulf spill, fukushima.
    ?? You just named 2 instances that got blanket media coverage though. I actually just saw several big mainstream articles about Fukushima earlier this week.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

?? You just named 2 instances that got blanket media coverage though. I actually just saw several big mainstream articles about Fukushima earlier this week.
    sorry meant the unreporting or under-reporting of environmental damage.

blanket media coverage on this:
    http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/03/14/16-us-ships-that-aided-japan-still-contaminated-with-radiation.html
    if the ship is still contaminated what about those on it?
    or this:
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/earth/dispersant-may-have-made-effects-of-deepwater-horizon-spill-much-worse/
    dont remember hearing much about the disbursant being more toxic than the oil
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    Interesting. Dare devil protestor hung a banner from the rafters at the Vikings game today to speak out against US Bank's involvement with the pipeline. Give the guy credit for this one. That's one way to get the message out.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/1/1/14139882/protesters-climb-vikings-stadium-divest-nodapl
    It's a hopeless situation...