Ukulele Songs hardcover book back in Shop

2»

Comments

• Options
    False advertising
  • Options
    Friday13 said:

False advertising

So you think 5 years ago they planned this?
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    scurtis said:

will never understand why anyone cares if a limited item is reissued unless all you are concerned about is resale value.

Agreed
    Because collecting stuff whether it be books, art, coins, stamps etc... there is more value (not necessarily monetary value) in having limited or hard to get items in your collection.

It's not really special to have something in your collection that anyone can get, so when someone sells something as "limited" and it's being used as a unique selling proposition to get someone to buy it, if you care about having unique things in your collection you hope that it being called limited means something. Cause the minute anyone can have it, it means less to your collection.

I enjoy collecting certain things, and some of my favorite pieces in my collection are the ones that are hard to get, it's what makes the hunt fun.

If it was easy to get, then there is no fun in that, hence no value in it being in my collection. I don't collect stuff to retire on, or treat it like the stock market, I do it for fun. Although, if you don't collect anything for fun, probably tough to see it that way.

This isn't a criticism of stuff being reissued either, art gets reproduced all the time, but it's always identified as a reproduction, and usually is obviously one, keeping the "value" (monetary and otherwise) of the original.

It also doesn't mean stuff can't be bought for it's intrinsic value, and that it's always about it's collectability, but that's my reason for not liking something that was previously limited being reissued and how my reason has nothing to do with money.
    My sentiments, exactly, Curtis.... errr...scurtis. You and I share the same values in collecting. I love my rare PJ stuff. Limited edition should be really really "limited edition" - and anytime they can have hand-written words / numbers on the limited items, the better. So if a reissue comes out later, it doesn't get the same "special treatment" as the first issue. That's the whole idea behind collecting and hunting for rare, hard-to-acquire items.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,429
    evsgjamm said:

scurtis said:

will never understand why anyone cares if a limited item is reissued unless all you are concerned about is resale value.

Agreed
    Because collecting stuff whether it be books, art, coins, stamps etc... there is more value (not necessarily monetary value) in having limited or hard to get items in your collection.

It's not really special to have something in your collection that anyone can get, so when someone sells something as "limited" and it's being used as a unique selling proposition to get someone to buy it, if you care about having unique things in your collection you hope that it being called limited means something. Cause the minute anyone can have it, it means less to your collection.

I enjoy collecting certain things, and some of my favorite pieces in my collection are the ones that are hard to get, it's what makes the hunt fun.

If it was easy to get, then there is no fun in that, hence no value in it being in my collection. I don't collect stuff to retire on, or treat it like the stock market, I do it for fun. Although, if you don't collect anything for fun, probably tough to see it that way.

This isn't a criticism of stuff being reissued either, art gets reproduced all the time, but it's always identified as a reproduction, and usually is obviously one, keeping the "value" (monetary and otherwise) of the original.

It also doesn't mean stuff can't be bought for it's intrinsic value, and that it's always about it's collectability, but that's my reason for not liking something that was previously limited being reissued and how my reason has nothing to do with money.
    My sentiments, exactly, Curtis.... errr...scurtis. You and I share the same values in collecting. I love my rare PJ stuff. Limited edition should be really really "limited edition" - and anytime they can have hand-written words / numbers on the limited items, the better. So if a reissue comes out later, it doesn't get the same "special treatment" as the first issue. That's the whole idea behind collecting and hunting for rare, hard-to-acquire items.
    Glad someone was able to step up and say we're on the same page. And aknowlege its not a complaint, just a different perspective, or opinion.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    Could anyone tell me if this has actual ukulele tabs for the ukulele songs album?