Ukulele Songs hardcover book back in Shop

Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
Tagged:

Comments

• Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    evsgjamm said:
    These were released last week: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/259618/8-25-16-psst

Santos said they are a 2016 reprinting, exactly the same as the ones from 2011.
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Hawk123 said:

Santos said they are a 2016 reprinting, exactly the same as the ones from 2011.

Exactly the same? If there is some pressing difference, I may want to pick this up for collect-ability sake.
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    Made the order for the book over the weekend, after which I picked up a Kala KA-T (tenor) uke...I'm a total novice but already learned Man of the hour and I am Mine...love this instrument! Been going through the worst emotional time I ever have had to face in my life, but this instrument seriously has healing powers.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • I wish they'd reissue the Into the Wild t shirt.
  • I ordered this when it was originally released. I have a Ukelele and was learning so it was a no brainer. Just curious why this was labeled as extremely limited (or something like that) then re-released at a later date, now a re-issue. Why label it "limited edition" in the first place?
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    nicky-p38 said:

I ordered this when it was originally released. I have a Ukelele and was learning so it was a no brainer. Just curious why this was labeled as extremely limited (or something like that) then re-released at a later date, now a re-issue. Why label it "limited edition" in the first place?

I share the same frustration. All for reissuing stuff, but not if its sold as limited, if limited is a selling feature, shouldn't be reissued.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Yep, limited to how many they can sell.
  • I wish they'd reissue the Into the Wild t shirt.

my fave shirt

I wish they'd reissue the Into the Wild t shirt.

my fave shirt
    Is that the black shirt that came with the CD if you bought through 10c?
  • indeed hawk
  • scurtis said:

nicky-p38 said:

I ordered this when it was originally released. I have a Ukelele and was learning so it was a no brainer. Just curious why this was labeled as extremely limited (or something like that) then re-released at a later date, now a re-issue. Why label it "limited edition" in the first place?

I share the same frustration. All for reissuing stuff, but not if its sold as limited, if limited is a selling feature, shouldn't be reissued.
    So purchased only in hopes of a future resale?
  • That's a bogus argument. People don't just collect limited shit for future resale. Reissue a scam.

scurtis said:

nicky-p38 said:

Nope.
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,067
    Friday13 said:

Reissue a scam.

+1
  • scurtis said:

scurtis said:

nicky-p38 said:

Nope.
    If value means nothing down the road, honestly why care if they reprint? Serious question here, not trying to come down.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    will never understand why anyone cares if a limited item is reissued unless all you are concerned about is resale value.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• will never understand why anyone cares if a limited item is reissued unless all you are concerned about is resale value.

Agreed

will never understand why anyone cares if a limited item is reissued unless all you are concerned about is resale value.

Agreed
    Because collecting stuff whether it be books, art, coins, stamps etc... there is more value (not necessarily monetary value) in having limited or hard to get items in your collection.

It's not really special to have something in your collection that anyone can get, so when someone sells something as "limited" and it's being used as a unique selling proposition to get someone to buy it, if you care about having unique things in your collection you hope that it being called limited means something. Cause the minute anyone can have it, it means less to your collection.

I enjoy collecting certain things, and some of my favorite pieces in my collection are the ones that are hard to get, it's what makes the hunt fun.

If it was easy to get, then there is no fun in that, hence no value in it being in my collection. I don't collect stuff to retire on, or treat it like the stock market, I do it for fun. Although, if you don't collect anything for fun, probably tough to see it that way.

This isn't a criticism of stuff being reissued either, art gets reproduced all the time, but it's always identified as a reproduction, and usually is obviously one, keeping the "value" (monetary and otherwise) of the original.

It also doesn't mean stuff can't be bought for it's intrinsic value, and that it's always about it's collectability, but that's my reason for not liking something that was previously limited being reissued and how my reason has nothing to do with money.
  • Example. I got a copy for my father in law. If he sees it on Barnes and noble 50% off table and I gave it to him as a collectible/limited, makes it different. Not same. Not monetary. Not flipping.
  • fool me once.

Walking contradiction.

Limousine liberals.
  • Eh,
    They have fooled me a lot. I'll still buy the swag though.
  • I have the original and a friend of mine got the new reissue...are there any differences? Anything that indicates second printing..? I could not find anything that would show that it was a first or second edition...but I am old and my eyes can deceive me...
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    I get that it means more to some collectors to know that it's limited, but if it's just a psychological bonus, wouldn't you get the same bonus by knowing that many other PJ fans are now using it? In this case of uke book, knowing that others are picking up a uke, learning songs, giving it love? Or for vinyl, knowing that other 10c members are spinning it for the first time, and getting the immense joy you once did?

I would understand the negativity if you bought it for a premium, like say you bought a Benny for $2000 and then found out it was rereleased for $50, like just general buyers remorse. But if you bought it at list price, couldn't you find some joy in knowing your fellow PJ friends are super stoked that it is now available to them as well?

I don't mean this to rock the boat, I'm just trying to bring up a perspective that may make you feel good about your now not so limited stuff.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
    mwplum said:

I get that it means more to some collectors to know that it's limited, but if it's just a psychological bonus, wouldn't you get the same bonus by knowing that many other PJ fans are now using it? In this case of uke book, knowing that others are picking up a uke, learning songs, giving it love? Or for vinyl, knowing that other 10c members are spinning it for the first time, and getting the immense joy you once did?

I would understand the negativity if you bought it for a premium, like say you bought a Benny for $2000 and then found out it was rereleased for $50, like just general buyers remorse. But if you bought it at list price, couldn't you find some joy in knowing your fellow PJ friends are super stoked that it is now available to them as well?

I don't mean this to rock the boat, I'm just trying to bring up a perspective that may make you feel good about your now not so limited stuff.

I honestly don't care it was reissued, sure it makes me happy that other ppl enjoy it, I think I suggested to someone above to buy it cause I think it's a cool book.

Someone asked if I bought it for future resale and if that's why I was annoyed. I said no, and explained why. That it had to do with why someone buys something that's limited or why they would care that something is limited.

In the end, the more the merrier, just don't call something limited if it isn't.
  • People collect things. Pearl Jam stuff. Artwork, pottery, records, beanie babies, Coke signs, antiques, etc..... Get over it if you think it is weird that people collect Pearl Jam stuff. The collectors are the reason there is so much merch to begin with.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I see both sides. I sure want Benaroya Hall repressed even tho most of the owners (especially the ones who paid a fortune) dont want it repressed

I see both sides. I sure want Benaroya Hall repressed even tho most of the owners (especially the ones who paid a fortune) dont want it repressed

I'll take a repress on black vinyl in a regular gatefold case, same cover as the CD. That would still make the original pressing different
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Hawk123 said:

I'll take a repress on black vinyl in a regular gatefold case, same cover as the CD. That would still make the original pressing different
    That would be a serious gatefold, seeing as it's 4lp's
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

I've got one and would LOVE to see them repress it. Could give a shit if the OPs lose 'value'.
    www.cluthelee.com