Sets Captives Free

2»

Comments

• whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

Jordan is severely Autistic, and has suffered many years of both physical and sexual abuse by his father and oldest brother. He comes here to SCF twice a week for sessions with DJ. We have had the genuine pleasure of watching him become the man he should be. He is more confident, he is starting to talk to us now, and is even wanting to become more involved in the ministry of helping others who come to the program broken and terrified like himself. When I asked him what he might like to do as a job, he answered like this:

"I want to work here, and help other people see what God can do in their
    Lives."
    Made me cry.
    My step niece, Alyssa, ( the girl I posted about, that had run away from the maximum security Detention facility in Denver) got to meet the horses today.

DJ says hello to Melissa again..

Mmm.. your sweatshirt tastes lovely!

Finally got everyone to stand still..
    I've been studying these pics for over a week now.. we know nothing of DJ's history.. we didn't even know his name. When we got him he was just dropped off with a note.. Karen pulled up to the ranch, and there was this giant red horse tied to the property gate, with a note taped to the gate. All the note said. Was:
    Heard you guys would take horses. Can't keep him anymore.

That was it. When she told me this, I was a little worried.. we brought Brand Inspectors out to see where he'd come from. All we discovered was he was once a professional roping horse, as his brand was registered under said category on the NRC. But that was it. So we started calling him DJ as that is what Karen read his brand as. Though the brand really reads Crook Bar Dead D. When the inspector was out, the ranch under this brand had been dismantled.. the brand discounted. ( meaning it is available for attachment again).
    But when we brought Alyssa out to meet the horses, she was wearing her dad's sweatshirt... and DJ
    was DRAWN to them both. He is a mellow horse, but he's not openly friendly. ( he could care less about us humans being there, unless we have food). He followed those two around.. as you can see in the pics, he is very concerned with the sweatshirt.. Toby ( Alyssa's Dad) smokes.. and I wonder if maybe a former owner had too.. as he recognized something on both of them.. there is a wistful gaze in that last pic.. and that nibble he is doing with his lip, that is a formal act of friendship between horses. Something triggered a memory in DJ, and I think he maybe misses his old life.. but he is well cared for here, and unlike when he was abandoned with us, he is finally back up to his proper weight. Just something that struck me as I studied these pics...
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

Thank you Hedo! The horses still don't know what to do with their ball!! :lol:

Go out and shoot a few hoops with them, Tree!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

Thank you Hedo! The horses still don't know what to do with their ball!! :lol:

Go out and shoot a few hoops with them, Tree!
    The ball is almost as big as I am! Lol

Alyssa learned how to brush DJ. He again wanted to chew on her shirt. Swear he recognizes something on that shirt..
    Alyssa got to learn how to walk DJ.. but she was scared.. so she asked her 'mom' , Melissa, to hold her hand. So I took
    Pics of them both,holding hands, holding their horses! Lol
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474

Jordan is severely Autistic, and has suffered many years of both physical and sexual abuse by his father and oldest brother. He comes here to SCF twice a week for sessions with DJ. We have had the genuine pleasure of watching him become the man he should be. He is more confident, he is starting to talk to us now, and is even wanting to become more involved in the ministry of helping others who come to the program broken and terrified like himself. When I asked him what he might like to do as a job, he answered like this:

Lives."
    Made me cry.

That's very touching. :heart:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Lives."
    Made me cry.

That's very touching. :heart:
    It is moving indeed! Jordan now comes and cleans the corrals once a day. He has learned how to clean DJ's hooves, and bless his heart, a few months ago, Mz. Karen asked me to show him how to clean out DJ's sheath( this is one of the grossest jobs in keeping a horse.. you have to at least every few months, clean oily skin residue, and "scagma" deposits from the penis sheath of the geldings or stallion).
    DJ is different. He has a groin injury that causes him to not be able to fully "drop". ( or let his wang hang.. ) this requires MONTHLY cleaning, because often he just doesn't even drop to pee.. so.. we have to clean him out more often..Jordan, after two sessions of learning this very awkward and stinky process, has officially cleaned DJ's sheath on his own, and is now taking over that responsibility! So
    he has come a VERY long way!!
    ^^^ grossest update ever I know! :lol: