Options

Will Eddie show up on TOTD tour?

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    kerbjack said:

to me ed shouldn't open the show as that partly takes away from the focus of this tour, which is the reunion of TOTD...but my opinion is always mine

I just don't see Eddie following the band around the country to just come and sing half a song, and back up on a couple others. If he is showing up to all the shows then I would imagine he would have more to do.

If he does show up for just Hunger Strike....it will be in Seattle only I'd assume.
    If Ed doesn't open and we all want him to attend every Temple of the Dog show this November, then there's only thing that has to be done.

Soundgarden along with Pearl Jam HAVE to open for Temple of the Dog this November. *crossing fingers
    Jack Irons can play drums during Pearl Jam's set so Matt can take a breather or something.

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    I'd say maybe.....
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

to me ed shouldn't open the show as that partly takes away from the focus of this tour, which is the reunion of TOTD...but my opinion is always mine

100% agree. This show isn't about Ed, it's about Andy and TOTD. If Ed does a solo set, with as rabid as people are about him, the show loses focus. This is a TOTD show. I hope Ed shows up and participates, but I don't want him being a major focus.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    They aren't going to play a 45 min set? There has to be something else
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651

Temple Album length is 55 min, not 45 min
    2 Bonus tracks equal 10-15 minutes
    plus jamming out and talking / tuning.
    Just Temple material could be up to..
    75 minutes

Add a couple MLB / Mad Season / MACC

You can get to 2 hours very easily...

I don't think there is a need for anything that would seem to be out of the spirit of the evening.

Aka: PJ, SGN, Etc...

That material seems to all be in realm of memorializing and celebrating the lives of the loved ones who have past..

Granted, all opinions I have posted here are speculative from just another moron with an opinion.. Lol

1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    steved said:

75 minutes

I don't think there is a need for anything that would seem to be out of the spirit of the evening.

That material seems to all be in realm of memorializing and celebrating the lives of the loved ones who have past..

Granted, all opinions I have posted here are speculative from just another moron with an opinion.. Lol

I get what you are saying but an hour set? I think there has to be more to these shows
  • Options
    It would be cool if he did, but honestly I wouldn't be upset if he didn't. I'm just super excited to see a band I never thought I'd ever see.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346

It would be cool if he did, but honestly I wouldn't be upset if he didn't. I'm just super excited to see a band I never thought I'd ever see.

This.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539

steved said:

75 minutes

I get what you are saying but an hour set? I think there has to be more to these shows
    Did you read his post? I think it's clear that TOTD material can easily fill a lot more than an hour.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,158

steved said:

75 minutes

I think they were saying that the TOTD material/bonus tracks/banter could easily get to 75 minutes, and then they could easily add in covers of MLB/Mad Season songs to round out a 2 hour set.

The thing is if you do a 2 hour set, then you kind of need an opener? :)
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I'm hoping for some quality Chris Cornell banter :smiley:
  • Options
    Zod said:

steved said:

75 minutes

I think they were saying that the TOTD material/bonus tracks/banter could easily get to 75 minutes, and then they could easily add in covers of MLB/Mad Season songs to round out a 2 hour set.

The thing is if you do a 2 hour set, then you kind of need an opener? :)
    I'd take 2 1/2 hours with a ton of banter and no opener. :)
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    KV4053 said:

Watching PJ20 and there talking about Temple Of The Dog and it makes me think and hope that Eddie Vedder will show up . just wondering what everyone thinks about Eddie Vedder showing up at the gigs?? Its not a long tour so I'm thinking it's possibility , whats your opinion???

Defiantly in Seattle, maybe in Philly
    Hopefully not defiantly.
    I envision him being dragged out on stage, tied to a chair, a mic placed to his mouth as the duct tape is ripped off
    HA!!!!
    "If I knew where it was, I would take you there!"
    2006-LA2
    2009-Universal City 2
    2010-MSG 1
    2013-San Diego/LA 1&2/Oakland/Portland/Spokane/Calgary/Vancouver/Seattle
    2014-Denver/Bridge School Benefit 1
    2015-Mexico City
    2016-MSG 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, EV-Ohana Fest, TOTD LA
  • Options
    My completely hopeless dream is that Pearl Jam and Soundgarden will open with 45 minute sets each, then Temple of the Dog closes playing the whole cd plus a few out takes and maybe a cover or 2 for a solid hour and a half. This would be the single greatest show ever! (until the next Pearl Jam one lol)
    "If I knew where it was, I would take you there!"
    2006-LA2
    2009-Universal City 2
    2010-MSG 1
    2013-San Diego/LA 1&2/Oakland/Portland/Spokane/Calgary/Vancouver/Seattle
    2014-Denver/Bridge School Benefit 1
    2015-Mexico City
    2016-MSG 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, EV-Ohana Fest, TOTD LA
  • Options
    The ticket price for SF is over $100 face. More than PJ shows. Idk if that's the venue or this is the normal price for this tour? Hopefully Ed will be joining.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    I think anyone hoping for PJ/SG songs at these shows is going to be sorely disappointed. The best we can hope for is EV to open (either solo or with a band (Jack, C-Average, etc.). Otherwise, it will be "An evening with..." and Hunger Strike will be incomplete.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    As Times of trouble is winding down, Eddie walks on stage to rip in to the Footsteps chorus. The crowd does wild, TOTD goes into Hunger Strike to close the show. Any those who are going to the first night truly get to enjoy the surprise. :-)
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I think he might show up at a show or 2, but I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people based on slot of comments Ive read here. If they were planning on him taking part there's no way the promoters would allow his name t be left out of the announcement.
  • Options
    tmantman Posts: 158
    DewieCox said:

I think he might show up at a show or 2, but I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people based on slot of comments Ive read here. If they were planning on him taking part there's no way the promoters would allow his name t be left out of the announcement.

I think your wrong my friend, the show is not billed as Temple of the Dog Featuring Chris Cornell so Eddies name does not have to be on the bill for him to be there. He sand on several songs and loves everyone involved, even if he did not step on stage I'm sure he'd be at all the shows but IMO he'll join in at every show as he has been singing Mother Love Bone songs far more than Chris has for years so he can be an integral part of that end! The show will most likely consist of all of the TOTD songs, Some Mother Love Bone and various covers that Mother Love Bone did. Beyond that I don't expect much else!
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    I'm guessing EV only shows up for Seattle. I'm pulling for the Garden but I think that's very unlikely.
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    Yeah as much of bonus Eddie showing up to the shows would be, it would be just that...a huge fucking bonus.

I am stoked for Temple, just so amazing they are taking time to celebrate that album, and all that influenced it. Two seconds into Reach Down, and I'm going to lose it!
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    only @ image
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    What is interesting is the fact that the tour starts two days after (the potential game 7 of) the World Series. If it goes that far, Eddie will more than likely be in Cleveland on the 2nd, I'd imagine he goes back to Chicago to party and probably attend the parade, but the timing sure in interesting in that he could easily get to Philly (maybe not philly if he attends the parade) or NYC. I'm totally fine if he doesn't get involved in all, but the time frame sure provides some interesting speculation.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    mwplum said:

What is interesting is the fact that the tour starts two days after (the potential game 7 of) the World Series. If it goes that far, Eddie will more than likely be in Cleveland on the 2nd, I'd imagine he goes back to Chicago to party and probably attend the parade, but the timing sure in interesting in that he could easily get to Philly (maybe not philly if he attends the parade) or NYC. I'm totally fine if he doesn't get involved in all, but the time frame sure provides some interesting speculation.

Totally agree. I am fine with just temple, but it'd be amazing and proper if Ed came out. And like you said, the timing works perfect.
  • Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332

Wonder who's name is on the sixth case?
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Options
    NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    ^Gaspar
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    NSL said:

^Gaspar

Ahh yep, looks like it.
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283

NSL said:

^Gaspar

Ahh yep, looks like it.
    Interesting, good catch!!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    I'm sure Eddie will be in Cleveland tonight, I guess he has one day to get ready for Pennsylvania :)
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    edited November 2016
    if the cubs win and the parade is in Chicago on Friday or Saturday doubt he will be in Philly if he even shows up at any show.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more