Options

Will Eddie show up on TOTD tour?

Bonzozep72Bonzozep72 Langhorne Pa Posts: 67
Watching PJ20 and there talking about Temple Of The Dog and it makes me think and hope that Eddie Vedder will show up . just wondering what everyone thinks about Eddie Vedder showing up at the gigs?? Its not a long tour so I'm thinking it's possibility , whats your opinion???

Comments

• Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,438

Watching PJ20 and there talking about Temple Of The Dog and it makes me think and hope that Eddie Vedder will show up . just wondering what everyone thinks about Eddie Vedder showing up at the gigs?? Its not a long tour so I'm thinking it's possibility , whats your opinion???

Defiantly in Seattle, maybe in Philly
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143

Hopefully not defiantly.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,455

Hopefully not defiantly.
    I envision him being dragged out on stage, tied to a chair, a mic placed to his mouth as the duct tape is ripped off
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,886
    hopefully msg!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    KV4053 said:

Hopefully not defiantly.
    I envision him being dragged out on stage, tied to a chair, a mic placed to his mouth as the duct tape is ripped off
    :lol: "No I will NOT sing for you!!"
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I'm sure but isn't really needed for it to be a success...
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    I hope so. The World Series will be over by then too.

I'm sure there won't be a parade to attend either. :smiley:
    NYPJ
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,786
    If not him then who will take the vocals for HS? Have they announced an opening act?
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I only play for money.... ;)

http://youtu.be/CiOfNWCvTbY
  • Options
    CJ23113CJ23113 Long Island Posts: 187
    i think something special in MSG. my thought why is it the only show in a big venue.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    CJ23113 said:

i think something special in MSG. my thought why is it the only show in a big venue.

Forum=17-18 thousand capacity
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I kind of doubt it. Can't imagine him following the tour around the country just to sing vocals on one song. Cornell already said he didn't want to play any PJ or SG. I could see a cameo at Seattle or LA, considering those are closest spots to his home in Hawaii. What do I know though :)
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    I think seattle he will show. Otherwise i really dont think so
  • Options
    I'm hoping Philly 1. It's the first show. It's special. I would think he would want to be there as a fan. Come out for HS and watch the rest.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Im thinking MSG, LA, and Seattle
  • Options
    tmantman Posts: 158
    I think he will be at all the shows, Eddie lives for the moment and these are but a few moments in time. He sang on several songs on the album Co lead on Hunger strike and back ups on “Pushin Forward Back,” “Your Savior” and “Four Walled World”
    Imo he is an integral part of it all, I'm sure even if he did not sing on 4 of the songs he would be there to witness the shows but he will be there as without him it would not be the same. Like Chris said already though don't expect and PJ or Soundgarden, more likely MLB and covers to round out the show.

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Ed's also mentioned how much TOTD means to him because that was the first time anything he sang on was widely released.
    Hope that he's able to make it to the shows. I absolutely cannot wait for Seattle.
  • Options
    Bonzozep72Bonzozep72 Langhorne Pa Posts: 67
    Good comments and points ! But im thinking first show and last show , but at the same time its a small tour and why not travel with your buddies and do the music that started your career. This wont happen again . But like someone stated it's gonna be a killer show either way !!
  • Options
    It would be cool if EV opened the shows
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    BCBA said:

I think seattle he will show. Otherwise i really dont think so

This is what I'm leaning towards, but I sure do hope he's on the full tour. Since it's so small, gives me more hope it might happen. We'll see in 2 months!!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,845

It would be cool if EV opened the shows

It totally would be.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,201
    how do they play Hunger Strike without Ed? who takes Ed's part?
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    no.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,164
    pjhawks said:

how do they play Hunger Strike without Ed? who takes Ed's part?

When Chris Cornell does it solo he basically sings both parts himself. I will admit that I'd really like to see it performed as a duet, but I also understand if Ed doesn't tag along. They can probably figure out something for the 3 other songs he has background vocals on, so it's really going on tour to sing his bit in one song. Unfortunately it happens to be the biggest song on the album.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    I can't imagine that he wouldn't show up to at least the Seattle show, and maybe more. I wouldn't expect him at all of them ... but never say never.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    it would be super cool if they did hunger strike as the last song of each show, as a final encore, and then during the start of the song out strolls mister eddie vedder
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    EV with a acoustic opening set followed by coming out for the encore for Hunger Strike, maybe Times Of Trouble/Footsteps and Chole/Crown would blow sooo many minds

That said, not expecting to see him in SF.
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    to me ed shouldn't open the show as that partly takes away from the focus of this tour, which is the reunion of TOTD...but my opinion is always mine
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542

it would be super cool if they did hunger strike as the last song of each show, as a final encore, and then during the start of the song out strolls mister eddie vedder

That would be, but I suspect that Eddie would rather not go on the entire tour just to do that. But you never know!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218

to me ed shouldn't open the show as that partly takes away from the focus of this tour, which is the reunion of TOTD...but my opinion is always mine

I just don't see Eddie following the band around the country to just come and sing half a song, and back up on a couple others. If he is showing up to all the shows then I would imagine he would have more to do.

If he does show up for just Hunger Strike....it will be in Seattle only I'd assume.
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'