Kaepernick

1242526272830»

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 8,446
    For the record the socks thing was done in poor taste.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 ChicagoPosts: 11,858
    A good experiment would be to have Brady and Brees take a knee and then see what happens to their career trajectory. 

Nothing would happen.  Those guys are future hall of fame QBs.  I don't get what is so hard to understand about teams not wanting to deal with a media circus for a fucking backup QB?!?!?  A backup QB is not worth the type of distraction that this would bring.  Plain and simple.
    The NFL needs to reconsider it's media standards.  I see where you're coming from, but the fact that a peaceful protest is viewed as a distraction, nuisance, etc is a huge part of the problem.  The NFL could nip it in the bud if they wanted to.

It's not the protest that is the distraction.  It's the media attention that comes along with it that is the distraction.  Yes, it's a story...but the media blew this thing so far out of proportion last year.  Not sure how the NFL could really do anything about that.....it's more of a media problem than an NFL problem.
    Yeah, I know what you mean.  And you're not wrong, the media has definitely blown it out of proportion.  Just seems to me a multi-billion dollar league of professionals could act professional and not allow the media circus to distract them from their objective of winning games making more revenue.

Yep, but unfortunately that media circus is inevitable in this case.  The media fucking salivates at a story like this.  There's no way that Kap being on your team isn't going to be a giant distraction...I absolutely wouldn't want my team to sign him.  
    I remember this very same sentiment going on when Michael Sam was around.  It was the media that made it a story.
    A good experiment would be to have Brady and Brees take a knee and then see what happens to their career trajectory. 

Nothing would happen.  Those guys are future hall of fame QBs.  I don't get what is so hard to understand about teams not wanting to deal with a media circus for a fucking backup QB?!?!?  A backup QB is not worth the type of distraction that this would bring.  Plain and simple.
    The NFL needs to reconsider it's media standards.  I see where you're coming from, but the fact that a peaceful protest is viewed as a distraction, nuisance, etc is a huge part of the problem.  The NFL could nip it in the bud if they wanted to.

It's not the protest that is the distraction.  It's the media attention that comes along with it that is the distraction.  Yes, it's a story...but the media blew this thing so far out of proportion last year.  Not sure how the NFL could really do anything about that.....it's more of a media problem than an NFL problem.
    Yeah, I know what you mean.  And you're not wrong, the media has definitely blown it out of proportion.  Just seems to me a multi-billion dollar league of professionals could act professional and not allow the media circus to distract them from their objective of winning games making more revenue.

Yep, but unfortunately that media circus is inevitable in this case.  The media fucking salivates at a story like this.  There's no way that Kap being on your team isn't going to be a giant distraction...I absolutely wouldn't want my team to sign him.  
    I remember this very same sentiment going on when Michael Sam was around.  It was the media that made it a story.
    OK, so what's your point?  You don't think the media overhyped the shit out of the Kaepernick story???  
    Please see original comment in Bold Italics.

So yes, I believe the media blew this story wide open and made it about what he was doing rather than what he was doing it for.  I think that his back and forth with the Cuban reporter was an educated retort that also got blown out of proportion.
    Gotcha. I misinterpreted what you were saying there.  
    6/18/03, 5/17/06, 6/30/06, 8/5/07, 6/22/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 7/19/13, 11/21/13, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/17/14, 10/20/14, 4/18/16, 4/20/16, 5/2/16, 5/3/16, 8/20/16, 8/22/16