Kaepernick

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Jason P said:

JC29856 said:

That shitty third string end of career no good unpatriotic hater of troops cops etc etc disrespecting USA etc etc etc etc QB was just named starting QB

Starting QB of the worst team outside of Cleveland (which put a wide receiver in for QB this past Sunday because they frick'n suuuuuuck).
    Correct
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    RBG is getting political this year! First she calls out Trump. Now she says Kaepernick is dumb.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Kaepernick protests: 'I think it's dumb and disrespectful'
    "if they want to be stupid, there's no law that should be preventive. If they want to be arrogant, there's no law that prevents them from that. What I would do is strongly take issue with the point of view that they are expressing when they do that."
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • JC29856 said:

That shitty third string end of career no good unpatriotic hater of troops cops etc etc disrespecting USA etc etc etc etc QB was just named starting QB

This is obviously coming from someone who knows nothing of the NFL.

The guy he supplanted is Blaine Gabbert. He's absolutely horrific.

This is not a monumental accomplishment by any stretch of the imagination.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

JC29856 said:

REALLY!
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Now that he is starting QB again he will spend plenty of time of his knees

If im his offensive line im going half speed
    pjalive21 said:

Too much money for athletes to stand on principles.......no wait, what!
    See how that works?
  • JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

REALLY!
    Yes. REALLY!

Don't pretend you knew what you were talking about. You were gushing about him and how he had wrested the job for himself.

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

REALLY!
    Yes. REALLY!

Don't pretend you knew what you were talking about. You were gushing about him and how he had wrested the job for himself.
    Okay I'm lost....got any proof of gushing or maybe you misunderstood my parity post.
    edited October 2016
    JC29856 said:

pjalive21 said:

See how that works?
    where were these principles when he was parading around in BEATS by Dre commercials as the starting QB...im sure those issues were in the forefront of his concerns while he filming those commercials...oh wait...they weren't...racial issues were going on waaaaaay before he decided to do this and when he was a "star" i would have respected it more then, it looks terrible now

there is no way you will convince me otherwise...you stand on principle you stand on them when you are on top and have a voice not when you are one foot out the door almost jobless to make the 49ers look bad

Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

REALLY!
    Yes. REALLY!

Okay I'm lost....got any proof of gushing or maybe you misunderstood my parity post.
    This one: That shitty third string end of career no good unpatriotic hater of troops cops etc etc disrespecting USA etc etc etc etc QB was just named starting QB

Given your typical stance on the theme at hand... it was pretty easy to understand, no?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

pjalive21 said:

See how that works?
    where were these principles when he was parading around in BEATS by Dre commercials as the starting QB...im sure those issues were in the forefront of his concerns while he filming those commercials...oh wait...they weren't...racial issues were going on waaaaaay before he decided to do this and when he was a "star" i would have respected it more then, it looks terrible now

there is no way you will convince me otherwise...you stand on principle you stand on them when you are on top and have a voice not when you are one foot out the door almost jobless to make the 49ers look bad

Your opinions have not evolved over time?

You don't think it is impressive that he is donating a million dollars to the cause?

I'd say you stand on your principles whenever you feel you need to speak up. Who gives a flying fuck when it happens?

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

REALLY!
    Yes. REALLY!

This one: That shitty third string end of career no good unpatriotic hater of troops cops etc etc disrespecting USA etc etc etc etc QB was just named starting QB

Given your typical stance on the theme at hand... it was pretty easy to understand, no?
    "Parity"
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited October 2016
    Explaining kap to people who dont pay attention to the NFL is tough. Most wont realize how disliked this guy has been by fellow players and fans over the past three years. Maybe this stuff has changed some of that since you're seeing players joining him but to you casual observers you're not dealing with noble and great Joe Montana or Barry Sanders here. Some black players dislike him so much that theyre openly refusing to join his protest. I dont care either way. Its just funny to hear kneel supporters talk about him as a football player tho. Ive seen a lot on twitter about how its racist that he's a backup QB. Maybe he'll turn San Fran around tho :lol: Cant be worse than Gabbert.
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

REALLY!
    Yes. REALLY!

"Parity"
    Yikes

That is all. Just yikes.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    As a (former) 49ers fan, I've always had a dislike for Kaepernick. But it's nothing personal, it's because he sucks at QB. I still defend his right to have tattoos (that was the big hub-bub a couple years back) and protest to bring attention to a social injustice problem in the United States. If you can't respect that, YOU don't know what the flag stands for. Stop projecting your narrow views onto him.

And I find most people (where I live) who think Kaepernick is being disrespectful will defend their right to the absolute bitter end to display a fucking Confederate flag on their porch (despite Maryland being in the north).
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Why are we talking about the qualities of Kaepernick as an athlete? The man is either famous in infamous but either way he is a man who, unlike probably ALL of us here, is capable of sending a message out to large numbers of people. That's what the thread is about. Can we talk about that or is this just yet another thread getting hijacked by people with other agendas?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120

As a (former) 49ers fan, I've always had a dislike for Kaepernick. But it's nothing personal, it's because he sucks at QB. I still defend his right to have tattoos (that was the big hub-bub a couple years back) and protest to bring attention to a social injustice problem in the United States. If you can't respect that, YOU don't know what the flag stands for. Stop projecting your narrow views onto him.

And I find most people (where I live) who think Kaepernick is being disrespectful will defend their right to the absolute bitter end to display a fucking Confederate flag on their porch (despite Maryland being in the north).

Well, he's slated to start this upcoming game against the Bills in Buffalo. I think he will do well he's been under enough press and pressure since he took this stance. I wish him well.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• brianlux said:

Why are we talking about the qualities of Kaepernick as an athlete? The man is either famous in infamous but either way he is a man who, unlike probably ALL of us here, is capable of sending a message out to large numbers of people. That's what the thread is about. Can we talk about that or is this just yet another thread getting hijacked by people with other agendas?

Brian...

Why do you always feel the need to moderate these threads?

Sometimes conversations go sideways. They typically return to form.

Kap is an idiot. Don't lose sight of the fact that even before he pulled his publicity stunt... he was one of the most despised players in the league- by opponents and by teammates.

He called an opponent a 'n**ger' after tossing an interception and routinely acted like an ass. Having Kap lead the cause here is almost like having Ray Rice be spokesperson for domestic abuse.

If this was Jason Witten, Thomas Davis or Larry Fitzgerald... this discussion would be quite a bit different.

brianlux said:

Brian...

Kap is an idiot. Don't lose sight of the fact that even before he pulled his publicity stunt... he was one of the most despised players in the league- by opponents and by teammates.

He called an opponent a 'n**ger' after tossing an interception and routinely acted like an ass. Having Kap lead the cause here is almost like having Ray Rice be spokesperson for domestic abuse.

If this was Jason Witten, Thomas Davis or Larry Fitzgerald... this discussion would be quite a bit different.
    First they say protest peacefully then after doing such they shoot the protestor.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    g under p said:

Well, he's slated to start this upcoming game against the Bills in Buffalo. I think he will do well he's been under enough press and pressure since he took this stance. I wish him well.

Peace
    ratings are going to be off the grid! I'm tuning in for my first game of the season! I love the drama.
  • JC29856 said:

brianlux said:

Brian...

First they say protest peacefully then after doing such they shoot the protestor.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.
    Why does it matter if someone was disliked? It doesn't mean his intentions are in the wrong place. This makes him less liked...
    edited October 2016

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

pjalive21 said:

See how that works?

You don't think it is impressive that he is donating a million dollars to the cause?

I'd say you stand on your principles whenever you feel you need to speak up. Who gives a flying fuck when it happens?
    He decided to donate the million dollars to save face after he was lambasted the guy's a complete and utter fraud and could give two craps less about a cause of something he's never faced personally in his entire life

Like I said when he had his Beats by Dre shoved so far shown up his ass he could have cared less about this cause
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Why does it matter if someone was disliked? It doesn't mean his intentions are in the wrong place. This makes him less liked...

It speaks to his character. He's never been known to be righteous... he's been known to be an ass. It brings to question his motives.

I could be wrong, but I think his gesture was more self serving than selfless- just another 'hey look at me'.

brianlux said:

Brian...

I have no illusions of being a moderator, Thirty. Sorry if it looks that way. I just say what I think and feel. You are free to talk about anything you want here.

As for Kaepernick using the "n" word- I don't care. He's half black himself. Besides, it's just a word. On this board we are not allowed to use the "c" word but in England and Australia it is common, generally not considered sexist and even at time is used as a complement. It's just a word.

Kaeperick is rebellious and I like rebellion. It's just how I am. Rebels make it more feasible for moderates to get their point over. Moderates don't appreciate what they gain from the rebellious.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Brian...

I have no illusions of being a moderator, Thirty. Sorry if it looks that way. I just say what I think and feel. You are free to talk about anything you want here.

As for Kaepernick using the "n" word- I don't care. He's half black himself. Besides, it's just a word. On this board we are not allowed to use the "c" word but in England and Australia it is common, generally not considered sexist and even at time is used as a complement. It's just a word.

Kaeperick is rebellious and I like rebellion. It's just how I am. Rebels make it more feasible for moderates to get their point over. Moderates don't appreciate what they gain from the rebellious.
    Try using 'thug' without being besieged around here.

I think when you lash out and call someone a 'ni**er' in the heat of the moment... it reflects true character. And I also think that word is extremely offensive in any context other than the discussion of the term itself.
    pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

pjalive21 said:

See how that works?

He decided to donate the million dollars to save face after he was lambasted the guy's a complete and utter fraud and could give two craps less about a cause of something he's never faced personally in his entire life

Like I said when he had his Beats by Dre shoved so far shown up his ass he could have cared less about this cause
    Lol. I don't think people pay a million bucks to save face

I don't know what he has or hasn't faced in his life but you are allowed to care about causes that haven't personally impacted you. My family foundation of which I am a board member donates $75k+ a year to literacy for at risk youth. no one in my family has ever been at risk in anything.

Why does it matter if someone was disliked? It doesn't mean his intentions are in the wrong place. This makes him less liked...

It speaks to his character. He's never been known to be righteous... he's been known to be an ass. It brings to question his motives.

I could be wrong, but I think his gesture was more self serving than selfless- just another 'hey look at me'.
    But why? Assholes can't care about causes?

What does he get out of it? He is the least popular player in the NFL

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Brian...

I think when you lash out and call someone a 'ni**er' in the heat of the moment... it reflects true character. And I also think that word is extremely offensive in any context other than the discussion of the term itself.
    Haha! No, I like it here, thank you very much! :smiley:

Tell me honestly, Thirty, have you never lashed out in the heat of the moment? If you can say for certain, "no", then you are a far better- or at least far more restrained- person than I. I'm not proud of having done so, but sometimes it happens. And you learn and get better and do it less. I don't judge a person by one act of lashing out. No way.

• brianlux said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Brian...

Haha! No, I like it here, thank you very much! :smiley:

Tell me honestly, Thirty, have you never lashed out in the heat of the moment? If you can say for certain, "no", then you are a far better- or at least far more restrained- person than I. I'm not proud of having done so, but sometimes it happens. And you learn and get better and do it less. I don't judge a person by one act of lashing out. No way.
    I can't speak for the portion of my life I can't remember (when I was really young), but I've never called someone something racial.

You do bring up a point and as a stand alone... his discrepancy could be overlooked; but I guess when I couple that outburst with his general obnoxiousness I get skeptical.

I'll admit to purchasing him cheap for a fanduel line up this weekend: run Kap run!