Options

25 Days of Pearl Jam @ Easy Street Records

Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
We thought it only fitting that we kick off our "25 days of Pearl Jam" festivities with this original 1st pressing of TEN that is still sealed! It was 25 years ago today that this album hit the racks and changed so many of our lives. Check our socials daily for other cool PJ and affiliated acts rare vinyl.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    So that is what sealed OG versions are going for?
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Never understood the obsession with original pressings or still sealed. Hell, lots of times the reissue sounds better because technology got better.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    JB128716 said:

Never understood the obsession with original pressings or still sealed. Hell, lots of times the reissue sounds better because technology got better.

Not with this one. The reissue was bad. the remix was ok, but different.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    Yeah we'll see about the reissues of no code & yield but ten, vs, and vitalogy are all worse than the og's. Also, that ten sealed is overpriced imo.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
  • Options
    sarnocmsarnocm York, ME Posts: 81
    Is it a 1991 import first pressing, or American 1st from 1994? I just got a German 1991 1st and learned that they didn't press it in the US until 1994.

1993 Berkeley
    1995 SF Polo grounds
    2010 Boston
    2013 Worcester 1, Worcester 2, Hartford
    2014 Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Denver
    2015 GCF
    2016 Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2
    2017 RRHOF

2018 Wrigley 1, Fenway 1&2

2022 EV—NYC 2, Berlin, Imola, Quebec City, Camden

• Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,300
    sarnocm said:

Is it a 1991 import first pressing, or American 1st from 1994? I just got a German 1991 1st and learned that they didn't press it in the US until 1994.

Yeah, it came out the same day as Vitalogy!
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options

That's an OG to get. The remaster / reissue is not nearly as good.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,736

easystreetrecords Welcome to day three of our "25 days of Pearl Jam!" Since the band just played the song "Angel" for the first time in 22 years in July, we thought we'd offer up this #tenclub Xmas single from 1993. #daveabbruzzese #25daysofpearljam #ramblings
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    edited August 2016
    I think its funny that they are over charging for all these albums.
    Its also plus tax in Wash state.lol
    This isnt Ebay Easy Street.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited August 2016
    JB128716 said:

True, but not in the case of Ten. The reissue sounds like shit. So do Vs. and Vitalogy. Originals are the way to go for those albums. Hope for everyone's sake that the newest reissues are better!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
  • Options

Greaaaaaaat single.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    JB128716 said:

The majority of the times it's just the opposite. The most TLC and greatest thought process during recording as a whole goes into the album's original release. Afterwards re-releases and reissues run a high risk of being rushed to market and done as a quick pressing in hopes of record labels making a quick cash grab.

On top of that, even though the technology is better, any remixing or remastering is centered around the most popular format of music in the time of it's re-release. The end result is that only a few artists give deep consideration to how a re-release will actually sound on vinyl and be more concerned with how it will sound via streaming or through computer speakers.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options

JB128716 said:

The majority of the times it's just the opposite. The most TLC and greatest thought process during recording as a whole goes into the album's original release. Afterwards re-releases and reissues run a high risk of being rushed to market and done as a quick pressing in hopes of record labels making a quick cash grab.

On top of that, even though the technology is better, any remixing or remastering is centered around the most popular format of music in the time of it's re-release. The end result is that only a few artists give deep consideration to how a re-release will actually sound on vinyl and be more concerned with how it will sound via streaming or through computer speakers.
    Yeah, you're right. I don't know why I initially kind of agreed on that point, because I know that originals usually sound better than reissues. There are rare cases where reissues are just as good or even better, but almost never, because that takes a lot more care and attention than most artists are willing to invest (Neil Young is a good example of someone who puts the attention needed to give us great sounding reissues. Bob Dylan too, in some cases). PJ obviously is not willing to invest that kind of care in their reissues.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm guessing since they still have the following singles for sale yet in the shop they will also include in 25 days of Pearl Jam.

1. Mad Season - Locomotive(black) signed by Mike McCready.
    2. Levee Walkers - Freedom Song signed by Mike McCready.
    3. The Tectonics - Disconnect/Sock Hop signed by Mike McCready.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    MedozK said:

That's an OG to get. The remaster / reissue is not nearly as good.
    Big time. I have mine from when I was 16 and it is flat out my most favorite 'sounding' of the OPs I own (have them all).
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Prices seem pretty steep there. Seen an OG Ten for 75$ at A1 in NYC the other day also picked up yield there for 50$ a few months back.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    RobbyD462 said:

I think its funny that they are over charging for all these albums.
    Its also plus tax in Wash state.lol
    This isnt Ebay Easy Street.

It's their business, so they can name the price. Someone will buy it, or it will sit there.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I never expect sought after originals to be cheaper at record stores. If want cheap originals you find them online. Record stores mark everything that is sealed way up in my experience. I only buy used albums from record stores and buy sealed online.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

JB128716 said:

Yeah, you're right. I don't know why I initially kind of agreed on that point, because I know that originals usually sound better than reissues. There are rare cases where reissues are just as good or even better, but almost never, because that takes a lot more care and attention than most artists are willing to invest (Neil Young is a good example of someone who puts the attention needed to give us great sounding reissues. Bob Dylan too, in some cases). PJ obviously is not willing to invest that kind of care in their reissues.
    This is a well documented issue known as the "loudness wars." Check out this simple video viewed over 2 million times that explains it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ

All these reissues do is turn up the volume. There is no technological improvement. You may get new posters, playing cards, or unreleased tracks, but for reasons explained in the video, you are actually getting a downgraded audio file. Neil Young has been trying to make consumers aware of this as you say above. Original vinyl will be the best available audio in most cases.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    I've never seen a no code - riot act OG sealed for under $100 in a record store so I don't get all the "overpriced" talk
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I never expect sought after originals to be cheaper at record stores. If want cheap originals you find them online. Record stores mark everything that is sealed way up in my experience. I only buy used albums from record stores and buy sealed online.

Exactly. You pay a premium for the instant gratification. No fingers crossed waiting for auctions to end in hopes you'll actually get the item, no shipping hassles, no hoping what you bought will actually look like what's pictured.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    We all know and understand how they keep their lights on.
    Im just not a big fan of Easy Street anymore.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

I've never seen a no code - riot act OG sealed for under $100 in a record store so I don't get all the "overpriced" talk

Did they list a No Code or Riot Act?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options