Options

This band blows my mind.

Year after year. Just sitting here listening to Fenway 1 basically 3 weeks after seeing it. The bootlegs. The vinyl reissue. The merch. The fan love. People ask why I like them so damn much and I simply just say "they make me happy". Hopefully some new music in the near to distant future. Thank you guys. And thank all of you pj nuts that have been taking this ride now with me for over 25 years. Pj is life.
IVE NEVER SLEPT IN SATANS BED...

Comments

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Hear hear!! :rock_on:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    k9s4Bernk9s4Bern Posts: 30
    I am in whole-hearted agreement with you! My love and genuine appreciation for this band has multiplied over the years - and yes, they make me happy as well! It IS all about the Pearl Jam community - where else but in a Pearl Jam merch line or GA pit ticket line can a person meet people from eight other countries, catch up with former students ( I am a high school teacher) and get propositioned by a "Swinglish" 30-something guy?

Seriously, the music of Pearl Jam has filled my mind and soul for those same 25 years - the attachment for me stems from the fact that my twenties were the band's 20's so they felt like constant companions - I hesitate to say like "brothers" because I have crushed on Stone since 1991 (in another universe, Stone and I ARE a smokin' hot couple!)

Everyday I wake up with a Pearl Jam song in my head. Why? Because it goes beyond the musicality - it is the individual instrumentation that meshes lyrically with Ed's voice - it is the emotional tone of a McCready solo...It is the perfect composition that I can share with many as Pearl Jam's music is universal and knows no boundaries of age.

I too, love Pearl Jam - They make me happy as well!!!
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,830
    Amen. These guys are biblical.
  • Options
    It's so awesome playing the boots for the first time, reliving all those moments. Then somehow they get better as time goes on, it's like you have your own special version of the songs. At work today I played both bootlegs of the two shows I went to in April. About an hour ago I was wondering why my face kind of hurt... then I realized I was smiling for about seven hours straight! :giggle: Here's to that 25 year ride not slowing down any time soon.