The Best 10 Dollars I Have Ever Spent. Letter to PJ Fans & Vitalogy Foundation from Fenway Crowdrise

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
https://pearljam.com/acts/news/the-best-ten-dollars-i-have-ever-spent

Dear Fellow Pearl Jam Fans (+ Vitalogy Foundation & Pearl Jam),

The email read, “ enter and win an experience package”, well that might be the understatement of the year.

Yes, I was the lucky winner of the Pearl Jam / Fenway Park / Vitalogy Foundation Crowdrise Campaign. To be honest...I still can’t believe it! Getting to see them live in Fenway Park, plus a meet & greet with the band… tough to imagine anything better than that! As every Pearl Jam fan knows, there is a special connection this band has with its fans. Although it is difficult to describe, everyone knows what I’m talking about. The guys could not have been more kind, gracious, and engaging during our encounter. They made us feel welcome and really spent quality time with us before putting on a historic show that rocked Fenway! A big thanks to the legendary Peter Gammons and Sam Kennedy, President for the Red Sox, who hosted us as well!

It was an honor to support the Vitalogy Foundation and help Pearl Jam support non-profit organizations all over the world. Be it supporting Team Gleason, CCFA, homelessness, health & education or even a new skate park, these guys just get it. The passion and dedication they deliver to us each and every show is what keeps us coming back, and a big part of that is knowing they care about so much more than just music. The Vitalogy Foundation allows them to express that. It is obvious how their dedication to the fans translates into the success of the Vitalogy Foundation and everyone they work so hard to help. Thank you to everyone involved with the band/foundation for an incredible evening!

“I know I was born and I know that I’ll die, the in between is mine, I am mine” - Eddie Vedder

What will you do with your “in-between”? Support the Vitalogy Foundation and help make a difference.
-Jeff C.

Photo Credit: Karen Loria, Fenway Park, Aug. 7, 2016

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    It's great that you were able to have such an awesome experience!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    Very cool. Congratulations on the win!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

Here's an excerpt from Jeff's letter, titled "The Best Ten Dollars I Have Ever Spent…", to the Pearl Jam community.

"The email read, 'enter and win an experience package', well that might be the understatement of the year. Yes, I was the lucky winner of the Pearl Jam, Fenway Park and Vitalogy Foundation CrowdRise campaign. To be honest...I still can’t believe it! Getting to see them live in Fenway Park, plus a meet & greet with the band… tough to imagine anything better than that! As every Pearl Jam fan knows, there is a special connection this band has with its fans. Although it is difficult to describe, everyone knows what I’m talking about. The guys could not have been more kind, gracious, and engaging during our encounter. They made us feel welcome and really spent quality time with us before putting on a historic show that rocked Fenway!"

Read the full letter here: https://pearljam.com/acts/news/the-best-ten-dollars-i-have-ever-spent

And how about this pic???
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    :clap:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    That's awesome. Congrats, Jeff and thanks for sharing your story :smiley:
  • this is awesome. i wonder if that signed shirt can be used as trade bait for GA tickets?