• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,352
    United Center.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Maybe this will be the show to release our Wrigley boots as part of a "Chicago Package" .
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396

Northerly could be great.

Would be fun. 20,000+ and you can actually hang out with more than the plus 1 10c ticket partner.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,435
    Tickets would be easier to come by thats for sure, but I still prefer the UC
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,084
    Can PJ do an Arena only show in Chicago anymore? Given that two Wrigley shows sold out and the capacity for Wrigley is more than double that of United Centre? That's alot of people not getting tickets?
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,352
    Zod said:

Can PJ do an Arena only show in Chicago anymore? Given that two Wrigley shows sold out and the capacity for Wrigley is more than double that of United Centre? That's alot of people not getting tickets?

I think the demand from out of towners wanting tickets would be significantly less at the United Center compared to Wrigley. And, playing 2 shows at the UC would help, too.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    1 night soldier field..pj can do 50,000+ in certain markets so why not do it?? UC is too small for them now..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Two Shows at the UC would suffice, shit I would like four but I know that is unrealistic. Chicago is such a huge market. Shit, Taylor Swift sold out two nights at Soldier Field. Its not the best place to see a show thats for sure. Id take an arena show over a huge stadium like soldiers any day
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,906
    Yeah, a SF show field show feels like an event. Plus it's a cluster fuck to get in/out. I'd love for them to do 3-4 shows at the UC. Or just keep the Wrigley thing going every other year.
  • Options
    Happy Friday everyone..looks like Wrigley's schedule is filling up quick with James Taylor and dead and co...you can also bet on a country act booking so this actually could become a reality...
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    As a non-Chicagoan, I have zero issue with Chicago shows. I love going to your town and it's easy to convince my wife to go because she loves the city, the Mile, etc. I could not get her to go to the Gorge, or Alpine, or Coachella or any out of the way place like that.

But I'm done with stadium shows myself. Even if you have GA, it still kind of sucks because it's so big, unless you are willing to get there early and be in teh same spot all night.. which means no drinks and such. It's just kind of a pita. Not that I wouldn't go to the next stadium show (let's not be stupid here..) but I love arenas. The worst seat at an arena are better than many of the 10C seats in Wrigley.
  • Options

Yeah, a SF show field show feels like an event. Plus it's a cluster fuck to get in/out. I'd love for them to do 3-4 shows at the UC. Or just keep the Wrigley thing going every other year.

^^^^^ 3-4 shows at the UC would be the best Christmas gift I could ask for
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,735
    mrussel1 said:

Not that I wouldn't go to the next stadium show (let's not be stupid here..) but I love arenas. The worst seat at an arena are better than many of the 10C seats in Wrigley.

Exactly. Of course I would go if they played Soldier Field, but would much rather see them at the UC.
  • Options
    As long as Theo is in town, doubtful any other venues than the friendly confines
  • Options
    22 years later..why not bump???
  • Options
    stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    I'm spinning the 7/11/95 Soldier Field now. Those 95 shows were just spectacular and this is the icing on the damn cake.
  • Options
    stratmad said:

I'm spinning the 7/11/95 Soldier Field now. Those 95 shows were just spectacular and this is the icing on the damn cake.

I gotta get that on vinyl..
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Anyone else planning to go to U2 at Soldier field this sunmer?
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,906
    Yeah
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

stratmad said:

Aren't there a couple different pressings of this? Can anyone recommend a quality pressing?

I only have it from a website download and burned to CD.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited January 2017

Wma31394 said:

stratmad said:

Aren't there a couple different pressings of this? Can anyone recommend a quality pressing?

I only have it from a website download and burned to CD.
    That's the same recording and quality used on the vinyl I assume... don't overpay for what is essentially a CD pressed on wax
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    U2 is doing it so why not???

:o
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 647
    mrussel1 said:

As a non-Chicagoan, I have zero issue with Chicago shows. I love going to your town and it's easy to convince my wife to go because she loves the city, the Mile, etc. I could not get her to go to the Gorge, or Alpine, or Coachella or any out of the way place like that.

But I'm done with stadium shows myself. Even if you have GA, it still kind of sucks because it's so big, unless you are willing to get there early and be in teh same spot all night.. which means no drinks and such. It's just kind of a pita. Not that I wouldn't go to the next stadium show (let's not be stupid here..) but I love arenas. The worst seat at an arena are better than many of the 10C seats in Wrigley.

This 100%
  • Options
    A lot of Soldier Field talk lately..i like it! Next Chicago show at Soldier Field!!!
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,996
    mrussel1 said:

That is true. My seats were terrible for Wrigley 1. I actually had better seats at Wrigley 2013 when I bought them in the public sale than I got from 10 club in Wrigley 1 last year. Not complaining... was so happy to be there...just affirming your comments that some of the seats aren't the greatest.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I 100% agree that arena shows are better, just because the venues are that much smaller. Unfortunately I find there's all sorts of pros and cons. It seems to be that the number of big rock bands left is dwindling. On the other hand fans of rock music are mostly at the age where they've got time and disposable income going for them. The demand for tickets for the remaining Arena/Stadium sized rock bands is huge. If you play an arena in a City as big as Chicago or New York, you're making it hard for your fans to get tickets. Due to the lack of supply you're feeding right into the scalpers. If 40000 people want to attend a show at an 18000 capacity arena. You're throwing gas on the scalper flames :(

In regards to ticket demand I think gnr has an interesting thing going. Expensive tickets aside, they're in this weird zone where they're too big for arenas, and not quite big enough for stadiums (except in the mega cities). They could sell out arenas everywhere, or sell out 2/3 of stadium shows. IE they probably average 40k at a show even though stadium capacities are closer to 50 or 60. People wonder why they'd play then if they don't sell out. I would argue it's because selling 40k tickets is better than selling 18k at an arena. Not too mention the shear quantity of tickets has really decreased the ability to make money scalping at their shows (except the big cities like Chicago where it's not hard to sell out a stadium). GNR seems to have found the antiscalper magic formula. Charge Market Value for tickets (which in honesty is kind of expensive) and play big venues with craptonne's of tickets.

I agree that GA in stadiums is a bit though. You have to get there somewhat early, stakeout a good spot, and basically stay there the whole time. You're legs get sore even before the band starts playing. You have to dehydrate yourself to avoid going for a washroom break. It does deter me though. I'll go to stadium shows if I can get GA. I don't think I'd want to go with reserved seating. Too far back :(

• Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,206
    I'd make a trip back to Chicago for this.
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,327
    edited February 2017
    River Edge, Aurora, IL They offered Tom Petty 750K and he declined. Would PJ play for 750 k? Go fund me lol.
    http://riveredgeaurora.com/
    Post edited by covered in bliss on
  • Options

River Edge, Aurora, IL They offered Tom Petty 750K and he declined. Would PJ play for 750 k? Go fund me lol.
    http://riveredgeaurora.com/

I guess that depends on how much they'd charge for tickets? It doesn't look like a big venue, so I'm guessing tickets would be crazy expensive to cover running the even and paying the bands fee?