Options

Bootleg shipping

13»

Comments

• Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    It's fun to bitch about shit like this. You know, we all hang around and commiserate about how awful the process is and it makes a crappy situation feel just a little less crappy because other people are going through the same thing. I ordered my Boston shows the first day and finally got my shipping confirm from Nugs this past Friday. The fact is, like I posted earlier in this thread, I know going in that Nugs is usually around a one month process so I don't sweat it. Also, I heard the broadcasts so many times on Sirius PJ channel that I kinda needed to not hear them for a while. It's all good.

Shit, at this point I'm starting to focus my energies more on whether they will ever make the Chicago shows available.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    The delays are painful, but I always remain thankful these shows are made available to us.
  • Options
    Order about 3 weeks ago. Came yesterday
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    It was worth the wait... they are pressed silver CDs... not CD-Rs!!!!!!
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    MG79478 said:

Sure about that? The ones my friend received yesterday sure were not silver pressed.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

MG79478 said:

Sure about that? The ones my friend received yesterday sure were not silver pressed.
    100% sure, have them in my hands right now. I'm only talking Fenway, can't speak for other shows. I kinda assumed that is all anyone is waiting for at the moment.
  • Options
    MG79478 said:

EM194007 said:

MG79478 said:

100% sure, have them in my hands right now. I'm only talking Fenway, can't speak for other shows. I kinda assumed that is all anyone is waiting for at the moment.
    His were Fenway as well, and they're not Silver's, they were the same CD-R's as the two FL shows he had received earlier this year.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

MG79478 said:

EM194007 said:

MG79478 said:

His were Fenway as well, and they're not Silver's, they were the same CD-R's as the two FL shows he had received earlier this year.
    Unlucky for him. Just opened night 2... they are also beautiful silver discs with a real painted on label, not a sticker. Each disc has an identifier PJ160805DX (where X is the disc number) stamped on the inner ring.
  • Options
    MG79478 said:

EM194007 said:

MG79478 said:

EM194007 said:

MG79478 said:

Unlucky for him. Just opened night 2... they are also beautiful silver discs with a real painted on label, not a sticker. Each disc has an identifier PJ160805DX (where X is the disc number) stamped on the inner ring.
    Just because they're silver, and have printing on them, doesn't mean they're silver pressed.

Straight from the e-mail from Nugs I sent them about the Fenway CD's.

"CDs are professionally printed and duplicated on the highest quality CDRs and packaged in cardboard slipcases with custom artwork including the track listing."
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

MG79478 said:

EM194007 said:

MG79478 said:

EM194007 said:

MG79478 said:

Just because they're silver, and have printing on them, doesn't mean they're silver pressed.

"CDs are professionally printed and duplicated on the highest quality CDRs and packaged in cardboard slipcases with custom artwork including the track listing."
    So you think they bought specialty CD-Rs with the concert date and disc number PJ160805DX (where X is the disc number) stamped into the inner ring, which is completely unnecessary because the date and disc number are also on the front? If so, I have a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in.

Regardless, why do you care so much. They look and sound awesome. Stop arguing minutiae on the internet and go get some fresh air.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    edited October 2016
    MG79478 said:

EM194007 said:

MG79478 said:

EM194007 said:

MG79478 said:

EM194007 said:

MG79478 said:

So you think they bought specialty CD-Rs with the concert date and disc number PJ160805DX (where X is the disc number) stamped into the inner ring, which is completely unnecessary because the date and disc number are also on the front? If so, I have a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in.

Regardless, why do you care so much. They look and sound awesome. Stop arguing minutiae on the internet and go get some fresh air.
    Relax, people are just wondering. If you are right these are the first individual silver pressed bootlegs (non box set) since 2003.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196

so you ordered 2 weeks after me and i am still waiting on mine although mine have shipped. 5 1/2 weeks now for delivery.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

so you ordered 2 weeks after me and i am still waiting on mine although mine have shipped. 5 1/2 weeks now for delivery.
    You and me both brother. I ordered August 26th, as soon as they were available. Still waiting. My buddy ordered his after me, but he wrote a letter to complain. Apparently they ship out to the customers who complained first, because he received his on Monday and I'm still waiting. They're shipped I think.
  • Options
    Tuta23Tuta23 Posts: 114
    ordered 8/28, 10c status still says warehouse. I rec'd email over last weekend saying they shipped. who knows anymore?
    I am not a Thief of Silence.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

You and me both brother. I ordered August 26th, as soon as they were available. Still waiting. My buddy ordered his after me, but he wrote a letter to complain. Apparently they ship out to the customers who complained first, because he received his on Monday and I'm still waiting. They're shipped I think.
    ordered mine on the 26th within the first half hour they were available. still did not arrive today. if they don't arrive tomorrow Friday will be 6 full weeks since the order went through. as i said before i have never ordered anything on the internet that has taken as long as these bootlegs do to be delivered. i did receive digital copies from a very generous 10C member here so i have heard both shows but i mostly listen in my car which is why i get the actual cds. i know there are issues with shipping of other items for other people as well. doesn't mean i have to like it :confused:
  • Options
    Both Fenway Bootlegs arrived in my mailbox today!!!!
    ordered on Aug27
  • Options
    so i got mine thursday but anyone else notice Lukin is not listed on the cd cover? it's on the disc just not listed.
  • Options
    This is starting to get annoying! I placed my order at 2pm on August 26th. Still haven't received mine. My buddy who lives 5 minutes from me, who ordered his after me, got his on Monday!
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    pjhawks said:

so i got mine thursday but anyone else notice Lukin is not listed on the cd cover? it's on the disc just not listed.

Yes mine is the same as yours. When I uploaded them to the computer it was listed and thats when I noticed it wasn't on the setlist on the back.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    Just got my two Fenways today. Ordered directly from Nugs.
    How do you tell if they're pressed silver? The label smells like a fresh poster.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    Finally played show 1. The transition from Comfortably Numb to Corduroy is really abrupt and it seems like the former gets cut off. Is this always the case or did Nugs give me a lemon?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Ordered both Fenway bootlegs on Aug. 26. Received an email that they shipped on Oct. 1. When I clicked on the tracking info., it shows they haven't been shipped. Emailed Nugs two days ago and haven't received a response. Any suggestions on what to do next?
  • Options

Ordered both Fenway bootlegs on Aug. 26. Received an email that they shipped on Oct. 1. When I clicked on the tracking info., it shows they haven't been shipped. Emailed Nugs two days ago and haven't received a response. Any suggestions on what to do next?

I had the same thing happen to me. I kept sending emails. It was supposedly shipped on the 3rd. The tracking kept saying pre-shipment notifications. Finally left California last night, expected to arrive on Saturday! 7 weeks and a day later. Complete failure by Nugs in my opinion!
  • Options
    I just got mine today. I had received a shipping email on 10/1 but there were no updates by 10/10. I emailed them about it that day and magically within 2 hours there was an update on the USPS site. Very odd.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Got my Fenway boot today...how can I tell if it s silver pressed?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    8 weeks from time of order to time received, in canada, but it's christmas eh...
  • Options
    rb173565rb173565 Posts: 102
    it has to be said that the u.s. postal system appears to be the worst in the world. last order from nugs took 8 weeks from receiving the shipping email to arrival here in the uk.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,837
    rb173565 said:

it has to be said that the u.s. postal system appears to be the worst in the world. last order from nugs took 8 weeks from receiving the shipping email to arrival here in the uk.

Ah the days when Kufala were taking care of Pearl Jam bootlegs. I would receive my bootlegs in under a week. Under ... a .. week!!! From California to Nova Scotia. Via USPS. How is it possible on their end but it takes 2 months from Nugs? And they are both CDR pressed (excluding the silver CD box sets).