Options

Defective Merch Issue

shmapshmap Posts: 359
Today I purchased the Bases Loaded v-neck, and immediately hand-washed it separately, followed the instructions, etc. The shirt leeched its color, and when it dried it had a huge stain that wasn't there when I purchased it or tried it on at home.

1) Have any of you ladies had a problem with this shirt?

2) Has anyone experienced an issue with merch purchased at a show? If so, did you bring it up with 10C? I know I didn't do anything wrong, and am bummed that I won't even get one wear out of it.

Advice appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I bought a $140 Wrigley jersey and as soon as I unbuttoned it to put in on in the hotel, one of the buttons fell off. Looked at it and it was broken when I bought it.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    Bought the Boston Skyline shirt at Fenway. Wore it once, washed it inside out. The image on the front is already cracking and fading. Very poor quality.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    JimmyV said:

Bought the Boston Skyline shirt at Fenway. Wore it once, washed it inside out. The image on the front is already cracking and fading. Very poor quality.

Dang. I've got my original 94' 'Freak' shirt & that graphic is still going strong.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    shmap said:

Today I purchased the Bases Loaded v-neck, and immediately hand-washed it separately, followed the instructions, etc. The shirt leeched its color, and when it dried it had a huge stain that wasn't there when I purchased it or tried it on at home.

1) Have any of you ladies had a problem with this shirt?

2) Has anyone experienced an issue with merch purchased at a show? If so, did you bring it up with 10C? I know I didn't do anything wrong, and am bummed that I won't even get one wear out of it.

Advice appreciated!

10c wont do anything as they have mentioned before as they have nothing to do with the merch.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:

10c wont do anything as they have mentioned before as they have nothing to do with the merch.

I didn't see that policy before, but I figured that would be the case. Wish there were something I could do.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

JimmyV said:

Dang. I've got my original 94' 'Freak' shirt & that graphic is still going strong.
    Me too only worn it less than 5 times though
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Wma31394 said:

JimmyV said:

Me too only worn it less than 5 times though
    Dang! I don't wear mine as much - 16 when I got it, haha!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Slightly off topic, but related to how they were dealing with defective merchandise last night... When I got to the merch store inside Wrigley right as the doors opened around 5:50, the guy ahead of me bought a bunch of things. He paid and then as she bagged stuff, he noticed one of the posters had a big crease in one of the corners. She said sorry, we can't exchange items after items are bought. She was very defiant and said Pearl Jam made it clear to them that nothing can be exchanged or returned after money trades hands.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Sarava said:

Slightly off topic, but related to how they were dealing with defective merchandise last night... When I got to the merch store inside Wrigley right as the doors opened around 5:50, the guy ahead of me bought a bunch of things. He paid and then as she bagged stuff, he noticed one of the posters had a big crease in one of the corners. She said sorry, we can't exchange items after items are bought. She was very defiant and said Pearl Jam made it clear to them that nothing can be exchanged or returned after money trades hands.

That sucks. Understand the rule but they need to follow the spirit of the rule.
  • Options
    Sarava said:

Thats a joke and highly unlikely. 10c said they had nothing to do with the merch. I'd be pissed, if i bought stuff with my cc and they refused to exchange id do a chargeback. Unless there are large signs that state no exchange etc. they pretty much have to.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Especially when in all likelihood the poster was already bent or creased by the sales person handling it.
    Ridiculous.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I washed the green Boston shirt with the shamrock on it once and the numbers on the back started cracking.
  • Options

Especially when in all likelihood the poster was already bent or creased by the sales person handling it.
    Ridiculous.

I would guess the sales lady did it as well. When I bought my 2 posters (right after him, though I changed lanes while they argued), I nicely asked the lady doing my order to handle them more carefully. She was sort of flinging them around, but mine was clear of damage.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Horse2345 said:

Sarava said:

Thats a joke and highly unlikely. 10c said they had nothing to do with the merch. I'd be pissed, if i bought stuff with my cc and they refused to exchange id do a chargeback. Unless there are large signs that state no exchange etc. they pretty much have to.
    There are signs. They are at the tables. (They may have been on the walls, too but I noticed them on the tables.) I can't precisely recall the wording, but it basically said no exchanges or refunds.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:

Sarava said:

She said Pearl Jam stated no refunds or exchanges under any circumstances. Nobody said 10 club had anything to do with this. While there are signs stating no refunds or exchanges...the guy hadn't even taken the stuff from the counter. I think the lady took that rule way too far. Hopefully she gave in after I changed lanes.
  • Options
    Sarava said:

Horse2345 said:

Sarava said:

She said Pearl Jam stated no refunds or exchanges under any circumstances. Nobody said 10 club had anything to do with this. While there are signs stating no refunds or exchanges...the guy hadn't even taken the stuff from the counter. I think the lady took that rule way too far. Hopefully she gave in after I changed lanes.
    I dont believe Pearl Jam said anything. No refunds or exchanges doesnt apply to damaged goods if you took it to court you'd win. Not that anybody would.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited August 2016
    Not sure what you expect 10c to do for you.
    You didn't purchase via 10c did you?
  • Options

Not sure what you expect 10c to do for you.
    You didn't purchase via 10c did you?

Not expecting anything, just wondering how people have dealt with this in the past. It's never been an issue for me before.