Options

Flight cancelled...tickets wasted...(Update)

Comments

• Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Portland Oregon? Get to Seattle, there's a 10:45 that lands at 4:50 on Southwest for $228
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    That sucks so much. Unfortunately that is the risk with airlines like Spirit.
  • Options
    CooterCooter Posts: 153
    That sucks man. Reminds me of a Buffett show in Cincy we had tickets for about 20 years ago. Bad accident shut the interstate down three miles from the venue. We got off just in time to hear Fins and then it was over. Turned around and drive back to Indy.

If they're looking for a fan club upgrade, I'm here and we have tickets upper deck somewhere. Last minute road trip with my brother so I didn't put in for fan club tickets this time. butlergoalie@gmail.com hope you are able to make it down here for night 2
  • Options
    trevorjtrevorj Portland, Oregon Posts: 62
    Thanks dmbolp. But there is no way I'm making to Sea-Tac for a 10:45 flight. Having said that I would have easily dropped 228$ for a flight. I was at PDX tonight and would have spent 400$ for a new flight. But it was 600$ and I just couldn't do it.
  • Options
    bootlegger10...I agree with you now. I had heard all the bad reviews I just figured pack light and I'll be alright. I didn't realize they would cancel when no one else did.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I am willing to try like hell to raise some funds to help with your flight. How much time do we have?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I'm in. I'll kick in $100. Just get here dude. Go now.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    shawndyershawndyer Posts: 269
    The extra $200 you would spend on a flight is the cost of your 10c tickets. Get on a plane! Good luck
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 502
    Drive to the next closest airport. God I hate spirit. They screwed us over once too.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa...Unfortunately the time is up for show 1. The flights out of Portland get in too late. But thank you so much. I plan to be there for show 2. Just going to miss seeing Chicago. Will fly in day of and leave the next day. By the way I will have an extra ticket assuming I make it.
  • Options
    Dude! Someone mentioned Seattle will get in on time.
  • Options
    Don't give up dammit!
  • Options
    MK88178...Unfortunately I am in Portland, Oregon and there wasn't anything flying closing enough for tomorrow's show. Thank you though. And yes I now hate Spirit.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    Spirit sucks. I've heard Sunkist stories before when dealing with them.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa...the flights leaving from Portland at the same time as mine were all on time. It was just Spirit that cancelled.
  • Options
    Well ok OP. We're here if you need us.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa...Please be there for me if I make it to Monday's show. As much as this is killing me I want to believe that I can make it for Monday and it will be all the more special.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Get to the damn airport now. Stop thinking and just do it. Why are you still posting?
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,766
    They don't have anything where you could fly into Seattle (or anywhere else) and then catch a flight to Chicago from there?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    PP193448...I hear you. Believe me. When my flight was cancelled at 9pm tonight I was in the middle of my shift. My manager let me go early so I could go to the airport and figure something out. I left hours ago with no hope (Spirit Airlines). I'm doing my best, but there is no way I can make Saturday's show. So I am just trying to do what's right for these tickets.
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Seattle flight doesn't leave for another 4+ hours!!!
  • Options
    dmbolp...it's 3 hours to the airport if I leave now. No way can I make it their and through security. Believe me I've looked at the options.
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    PP193448 said:

If OP makes it or not, THIS!!
  • Options
    You people are ridiculous. What other band would generate this kind of good will. I have gone from crying in the fetal position to believing in the good of people. I will get there for Wrigley 2. I just hope I can do something with the tickets for night 1.
  • Options
    Train?
  • Options
    jpk97uwjpk97uw Lindenhurst, IL Posts: 64
    RK50065 said:

PP193448 said:

If OP makes it or not, THIS!!
    I'm in for $50. Go to the airport now and get on the first flight out. You will make it!
  • Options
    Well you should still fly out today right? You could still spend time there like you wanted and OP maybe they'll play an off show in between!!!!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa...Believe me I checked all of the flights from PDX for today. Nothing reasonable. Like under 500$. Booking last minute doesn't pay. Best I could do was take Spirit's next available flight which get's in Monday morning and then leaves Tuesday back to Portland. Seems ridiculous, but I really didn't have other options.
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    Get on the flight man and I will also be happy to donate to help you out. Time is running out. Do it or you may live regretting it. :)
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    jpk97uw...I literally left work in the middle of my shift and went to the airport to try and figure out a way. Spirit gave me no options. All I could do was book a new flight for 500 or 600$