Options

Flight cancelled...tickets wasted...(Update)

trevorjtrevorj Portland, Oregon Posts: 62
edited August 2016 in The Porch
I have two fan club reserved tickets for 8/20 and my flight has been cancelled. Long story short I will not be using these tickets. Is there anything I can do. I know I will lose the money but I hate the idea of these tickets going unused. What can I do?
Post edited by trevorj on

Comments

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,772
    trevorj said:

I have two fan club reserved tickets for 8/20 and my flight has been cancelled. Long story short I will not be using these tickets. Is there anything I can do. I know I will lose the money but I hate the idea of these tickets going unused. What can I do?

I've heard you can contact 10c and have them gift them to someone with worse seats maybe?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    Just curious, could you have not gotten another flight?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Will contact ten club tomorrow. I'm in the midst of drinking away my depression right now. Spirit airlines ruined my vacation and bucket list show. It would make feel just a little better if someone could use these tickets.
  • Options
    BLACK35 I left work early to go to the airport and try. Unfortunately it was Spirit airlines and I could either refund the flight or get the next available flight which was two days later. They would not book me on another airline. The other airlines were 600$ for a flight. I actually considered it but just couldn't afford it.
  • Options
    Just realized I have to change the tag on my posts to not have Wrigley 1 2016. I am beyond crushed to miss this.
  • Options
    That really sucks then. Never flown spirit air before. I feel for you, nothing could be worse when your set to go, only to have it yanked from under your feet. Just think how much more special it will be the next time, cause you know they will play Wrigley again!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Thank you Black35. I am absolutely trying to keep a positive mind set. I was playing "I Believe In Miracles" on the way to the airport...Just didn't happen.
  • Options
    finally did the periscope thing for Fenway for the 1st time, now I'm addicted lol, atleast you can kind of feel like your there
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Black35...Hahaha I think that would only make things worse. Having said that, I will totally try that just because.
  • Options
    You'll need to email the 10 Club and I think they will upgrade someone else. I think that's how it works.
  • Options
    I will email them right now. Already tried to call but they have have business hours.
  • Options
    Anybody know the email for this case?
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Try tickets@tenclub.net - maybe also try info@tenclub.net

That f'ing sucks that this happened to you. Hopefully karma will come back around and something good comes your way for trying to forward these tickets along to someone else.
  • Options
    Thanks Merkin Baller. I just emailed ten club. Maybe the karma will bring Pearl Jam to me with another Gorge show.
  • Options
    I think it is the tickets@tenclub.net - the only reason I chimed in is that I heard a Ten Club worker tell the woman in front of me in line that this is how she needed to release tickets that she was uanble to use. Sorry about your flight, that sucks. I am sure there will be more than a few scopes flowing out of Wrigley for both shows...
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    You need to be more forceful with the airline. There are consequential damages as a result of the cancellation. The must either get you on another flight or reimburse you for the expenses you will incur as a result. You need to make them fear that they will be sued for thousands of dollars if they do not get you on a flight. Spirit is the worst.
  • Options
    Thanks Colorado Fan. I have emailed ten club and will call tomorrow. I'm doing whatever I can to get these tickets available.
  • Options
    Get_Right I agree with you. Unfortunately it sounds like there is no recourse with Spirit. I could get a refund...which doesn't help at all. Or take the next available flight...which doesn't help. They were booked out of Portland.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Sorry to hear this. Happens all the time with spirit....you get what you pay for with this airline
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,346

Sorry to hear this. Happens all the time with spirit....you get what you pay for with this airline

Yep
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,015
    So sorry man...that sucks...
    I would be pissed.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    I am beyond upset. My vacation is ruined. A bucket list show down the drain. But all I can do at that this point is see those tickets go to somebody worthy.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Hey. Is it possible for you to go to nite 2?? We could all try like hell to help you get tix!!!?!?!?!?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    FoxyRedLa said:

Hey. Is it possible for you to go to nite 2?? We could all try like hell to help you get tix!!!?!?!?!?

: )
  • Options
    As far as Spirit it was 300$ cheaper for the flight. I figured totally worth it. I can pack light and bring my own water bottle. Had no idea they would cancel a flight for no reason...United and American both left at the same time Spirit was supposed to. But it would have been 500$ to book last minute with them. Live and learn.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,838
    get your refund from spirit and jump on another air line! i'm seeing flights for $380 flights flying today out of portland this morning and coming back monday!!!! do it op!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,838
    check that, all the flights get in too late. damn. sorry op.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Hey FoxyRedLa...The sick thing is I have fan club tix for Monday also. Just hoping I can figure out a flight for that night. I am on the waitlist to come out Monday and then fly back Tuesday.
  • Options
    butterjambutterjam Posts: 215
    edited August 2016
    Buy the plane ticket, and we will throw a mini fundraiser for you! Seriously. I'd pay for it if I could get Man of the Hour for my dad(started a thread for this).
  • Options
    butterjam...thank you. Would love to hear Man of the Hour.