dankind said:
    Wma31394 said:
    dankind said:
    Peanut butter brownie time!
    Nice...eating whole or in increments?
    Increments!
    Eat it whole! Eat it whole! :smiley:
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Oh man. Some poor guy in India is pulling his hair out right now. I'm trying to switch phones and I'm having trouble following directions. After an HOUR of online chatting, I was finally at the last step...and my laptop started updating. Once that's done, I get to start all over again...and torture some other poor guy in India. 

But this is some great weed. :smiley:
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:
    Wma31394 said:
    dankind said:
    Increments!
    And then...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ymkBEhdHBE

I'm going to my dispensary tomorrow or Friday, so hope to have a better sense of how the new CA laws affect my purchases.

And there will be purchases!
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    mca47 said:
    Horos said:
    I made some really good tincture only need 1ml good to go for hrs just put it in a drink , I don’t smoke as much anymore..
    What did you use to make your tincture? I used everclear and the alcohol taste is strong.
    I've made a couple.  The first was Everclear, and a bunch of decarb scraps.  Put it in the freezer for a couple of weeks shaking it every so often.  It was strong but it tasted like shit and the Everclear burned the tongue.  This one I put in dropper bottles and stored it at room temp.
    The next one I did more or less the same thing with the Everclear, but I added a bunch of fresh mint leaves and lemon zest while it sat in the freezer.  This one ended up tasting a whole lot better.  I keep this one in the freezer at all times.
    I made one batch. Decarbed and everclear. 7 months in a dark cupboard with regular shakes. Burns the tongue when dosed.

Can I just mix it into any recipe?
    #FHP
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Horos said:
    mca47 said:
    Horos said:
    I made some really good tincture only need 1ml good to go for hrs just put it in a drink , I don’t smoke as much anymore..
    What did you use to make your tincture? I used everclear and the alcohol taste is strong.
    I've made a couple.  The first was Everclear, and a bunch of decarb scraps.  Put it in the freezer for a couple of weeks shaking it every so often.  It was strong but it tasted like shit and the Everclear burned the tongue.  This one I put in dropper bottles and stored it at room temp.
    The next one I did more or less the same thing with the Everclear, but I added a bunch of fresh mint leaves and lemon zest while it sat in the freezer.  This one ended up tasting a whole lot better.  I keep this one in the freezer at all times.
    I made one batch. Decarbed and everclear. 7 months in a dark cupboard with regular shakes. Burns the tongue when dosed.

Can I just mix it into any recipe?
    Yeah, you can pretty much add it to anything.  I would avoid using it in stuff that you're going to cook or add a lot of heat to (like a grill or super hot skillet) as heating it up really hot post-decarb will destroy some of the cannabinoids.  That and it'll be super flammable from that Everclear!  Other than the that, you can pretty much add it to anything...just don't go much hotter than 350 degrees.  
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Friend of mine kept telling me how great edibles are. Wasn't too sure about them until my last trip to Barcelona- it's semi legal there. I bought a bunch of gummies. Man, that is some fun shit. And I was eating a 1/3 at a time.
    Tried making them at home but didn't get the same kick. I may have to make another batch with a higher dose.
    I love the gummies!

Said it before and will many a time again - I want to and would pay big bucks for a meal courtesy of the fine folks from Bong Appetit.

Some nice tips here.  Enjoy :)
    https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/topic/bong-appetit
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Bong Appetit. :rofl:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    dankind said:
    Wma31394 said:
    dankind said:
    Increments!

good choice!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

I really gotta step up my game. I am still smoking poorly-kept generic weed in a pipe. It was all dry and harsh last night. I have been smoking weed since I was 14, and I still don't know what the fuck I'm doing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Oh man. Some poor guy in India is pulling his hair out right now. I'm trying to switch phones and I'm having trouble following directions. After an HOUR of online chatting, I was finally at the last step...and my laptop started updating. Once that's done, I get to start all over again...and torture some other poor guy in India. 

But this is some great weed. :smiley:
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    lolobugg said:
    dankind said:
    Wma31394 said:
    dankind said:
    Increments!

good choice!!!
    Yeah, wouldn't want to pass out at Doobie's.

https://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=dvM8z-mwEMV8xtzIk4TIfw
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I kind of prefer glass pipes over other means.  In terms of storage, we just keep ours in the plastic containers they come in and it stays pretty fresh.  Maybe try a tiny Tupperware-like container, and get a small humidifier (like they sell in cigar stores) you can adhere to the lid.

And upgrade that quality, STAT!
    hedonist said:
    I kind of prefer glass pipes over other means.  In terms of storage, we just keep ours in the plastic containers they come in and it stays pretty fresh.  Maybe try a tiny Tupperware-like container, and get a small humidifier (like they sell in cigar stores) you can adhere to the lid.

I have a Queens of the Stone Age nug jar. Problem is, I don't smoke nearly often enough to keep it fresh. it only stays fresh for so long. Can you do it like cookies, and put a piece of bread in there to keep it moist?

MOIST. MOIST MOIST MOIST. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2018
    I really gotta step up my game. I am still smoking poorly-kept generic weed in a pipe. It was all dry and harsh last night. I have been smoking weed since I was 14, and I still don't know what the fuck I'm doing. 
    Ha! I actually kind of took a huge break from weed for some years back in the 2000s, and those were apparently the years when everyone got all technical and fancy with weed. By the time I came back to it with any real gusto, maybe in 2012 or something, I didn't know wtf was going on at all, lol. I couldn't believe how much things had changed from when you just said to your dealer "got any weed?" and he said "yup" and you went and bought it, trusting that it would just get you good and high because your guy usually had pretty good shit. And it really didn't matter how it got smoked, as long as it did. Then, sometime during the 2000s, suddenly everyone actually cared about what kind it was, people were talking about what type of high it gave you depending on the strain and they really cared, concentrates were all the rage, so many accessories for the mass market had been invented (I laughed my ass off the first time I saw retail-quality gas mask smokers hanging in a line along the wall of one pot shop) .... I was totally shocked by how complicated it had become, and I'm still kind of catching up with it all. :lol: I am loving the shatter though. That's a really great product advancement.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    hedonist said:

I have a Queens of the Stone Age nug jar. Problem is, I don't smoke nearly often enough to keep it fresh. it only stays fresh for so long. Can you do it like cookies, and put a piece of bread in there to keep it moist?

FRESH, NOT MOIST!

I've never tried bread, but a small piece of apple worked for us in the past.  Or stash some in a plastic ziploc baggie in the freezer.

We go through so much I have to buy a new bowl every other visit to my dispensary.  Fuck actually cleaning them =)
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

FRESH, NOT MOIST!

I've never tried bread, but a small piece of apple worked for us in the past.  Or stash some in a plastic ziploc baggie in the freezer.

We go through so much I have to buy a new bowl every other visit to my dispensary.  Fuck actually cleaning them =)
    I use citrus peels. Orange, lemon, or lime. Works great and smells good.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I enjoy scooping the black filth out of my old faithful bowl with a toothpick, collecting it all into a nice pile/glob and then throwing it away while being glad the days of saving it for a rainy day are a decade in the past.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited January 2018
    rgambs said:
    I enjoy scooping the black filth out of my old faithful bowl with a toothpick, collecting it all into a nice pile/glob and then throwing it away while being glad the days of saving it for a rainy day are a decade in the past.
    I used to do that too, but then I read all about how unbelievably bad that shit is for you. It's literally poison. I used to get it out of my pipe with a warm mental stick and soak a rollie with it and then use that for a joint and it just got you so fucking high - but damn, once you realize that that stuff is simply all the horrible carcinogenic poop left over from smoking your weed, you really don't want it anymore. :frowning: And I'm no health nut to say the least.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    rgambs said:
    same with going through your ashtray and rolling one cigarette from all the discarded butts in there. god I don't miss cigarettes. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

rgambs said:
    Oh hell YES.

I used to glob it too, plus the rolling paper smear.

I do collect the kief from our grinder every few months and mix it in with bud.  Good god, that shit is fantastic.
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

FRESH, NOT MOIST!

MOIST MOIST MOIST MOIST
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

FRESH, NOT MOIST!

MOIST MOIST MOIST MOIST
    :angry:

Better that than shithole =)
    hedonist said:
    rgambs said:
    Oh hell YES.

I do collect the kief from our grinder every few months and mix it in with bud.  Good god, that shit is fantastic.
    That actually sounds great. It makes me consider getting an electric grinder or something. I just use one of those little round plastic thingies with the little prongs in it that you grind together, and you can't really get anything out of that at all. But I normally just use little scissors between my fingers rather than grinding it.
    PJ_Soul said:
    hedonist said:
    rgambs said:
    Oh hell YES.

That actually sounds great. It makes me consider getting an electric grinder or something. I just use one of those little round plastic thingies with the little prongs in it that you grind together, and you can't really get anything out of that at all. But I normally just use little scissors between my fingers rather than grinding it.
    We used to use an electric grinder but it got pretty gummy over time.  Now we have one of these...

...although while searching for that image, now I really want one of these.

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    PJ_Soul said:
    hedonist said:
    rgambs said:
    Oh hell YES.

I have a metal one and it separates and collects the powder nicely.  
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hedonist said:
    rgambs said:
    Oh hell YES.

We used to use an electric grinder but it got pretty gummy over time.  Now we have one of these...

...although while searching for that image, now I really want one of these.

Oh, yeah, that's the kind of thing I have, but it's cheap-ass, porous plastic, so you can't really get the gunk off. I should grab a metal one.
    mca47 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hedonist said:
    rgambs said:
    Oh hell YES.

I have a metal one and it separates and collects the powder nicely.  
    Even better. So what, the tiniest bits filter down to another compartment? Is that what you mean?