I'm high on marijuana RIGHT NOW!!

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    That's bullshit, DK.  I'd seen a photo of your governor signing the bill to OK it while smiling huge and figured it's a done deal

Dickheads indeed.  Hopefully those in smaller roles actually do look out for their constituents.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The governor lives a block away from me. I need to catapult a shitbomb over the statie guarding his house for a bullseye on front window. 

The governor, the mayor of Boston and the attorney general of the commonscum of Massachusetts are all vehemently opposed to the will of the voters on this one. They've kicked the can down the road so that optimistically, we won't have pot shops until at least a year from now.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    Got me some good BC bud on Friday, very good
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    Currently watching the Curb where Larry is encouraging his dad to try MMJ for his glaucoma.

"Do I look like some kind of beatnik?"

Goddamn Shelly Berman!

Reminded me of the brownie scene from I Love You, Alice B. Toklas (add THAT to the list of films seen multiple times!).
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Hubby put on Snoop Dogg. How can you not smoke when listening to Snoop? 
    My dispensary started carrying CherryKola brand...very good stuff.

They also had a new vendor for Caviar Gold handing out free joints...REALLY good stuff.  Half a gram of hash oil infused in each J.
    hedonist said:

They also had a new vendor for Caviar Gold handing out free joints...REALLY good stuff.  Half a gram of hash oil infused in each J.
    Caviar Gooooooooolden Slumbers
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:

Caviar Gooooooooolden Slumbers
    It's one of the (many) ways I "get back home" :peace:
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    Wanna hear something really weird?  The last time I had a smoke was a day or two before it was legalized in CA.  Weird, huh?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    Wanna hear something really weird?  The last time I had a smoke was a day or two before it was legalized in CA.  Weird, huh?
    Nah. I quit drinking when I turned 21. Stopped going to clubs for a bit. Once you know you can get it anytime, it kinda loses its luster. 
    Not about luster at all to me.  Never has been, really.

Sure I use it for fun and have for years, but it helps my pain better than anything else.  Always has, whether or not purchased as I do now or before my prescription.

B, truly legal here come the new year.

hedonist said:

Sure I use it for fun and have for years, but it helps my pain better than anything else.  Always has, whether or not purchased as I do now or before my prescription.

That's great, Hedo! So glad it works for you, especially since you've always used it the right way. 

Well, some people do things on their own and others do them because they think they're cool. 
    I was more referring to the fact that once something becomes easily available, the feeling of needing it sometimes goes down. 
    hedonist said:

As in next year?  I know it passes in late 2016 but I read that it still takes a card to buy and may stay that way awhile.

I actually would like to light up one of these days.  I'm about 85% done with the final edit of my book and when it's done, it might be time to flick the Bic!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,248
    Got a Speakeasy 710 vape pen a week or so ago.  Got sativa and hybrid carts.  Hits super smooth and all of Speakeasy 710's oils are insanely pure and amazing.
    B, I thought recreational here goes into effect 1/1/18.  

Meantime...what a beautiful buzz :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ2hjOfU6Pg
    hedonist said:
    B, I thought recreational here goes into effect 1/1/18.  

Meantime...what a beautiful buzz :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ2hjOfU6Pg

Probably...I may be a year late or so on some things!  :lol:

(Lots of cool music on that film.  :smile:)

You've gotta love how genuinely stoked Mr. Jack White is to be sharing such a stage with such a band. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Oh man, his smile throughout makes ME smile.  Such purity on that puss!

• guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Picked up some Sour Tsunami & Lavender Jones in Colorado. I'm all smiles
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
    Smiling here too, joe!

PS - I am so glad I backspaced over the "conversation" I just had with one of our cats =)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    edited August 2017
    My go-to dispensary was torn down. :frowning: I don't go very often because I smoke such small quantities and my stock lasts a long time, so I went last weekend, and I walked up to is and found a pile of rubble. :fearful: Turns out they shut down and tore it down a month ago in order to build a new store, so that's fine, but that will take at least a year. Anyway, they have another location nearby, so I went there, but it's not nearly as good. It's in a sketchier neighborhood, so the security is harsher, the staff is less friendly, and the atmosphere in general felt more tense. They don't even provide a spot for people to light up while they're there (not that I ever did that, but it created a more comfortable and welcoming feel to the place). Also, they've got more of the product in vending machines than the other place did, which lowers the level of customer service/product advice. Finally, the grams are $2 more expensive.... although the shatter is cheaper, so I guess it all evens out there. Anyway, I'm going to miss my old place, where it was so relaxed and happy. :disappointed: Hopefully the staff that was there before comes back to a new store, because they were awesome. I guess for the time being they all lost their jobs?? I was surprised to discover that the staff at the remaining location didn't seem to know or give a shit about the staff at the location that was demolished, which I found weird. Silver lining - if they are building a dispensary from the ground up, I guess it will probably be pretty awesome. It's just weird, because the building that they tore down seemed perfectly sound and in good condition. Maybe they were simply guaranteed a space in some larger development or something.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    That sucks, PJS.  I LOVE my place - location, staff, variety, service, vibe, etc.! - and am happy knowing they're not going anywhere as they just upgraded their systems and are getting their next-door space ready for California's upcoming non-MMJ business.

Hopefully you can come upon a place that feels better.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited August 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    My go-to dispensary was torn down. :frowning: I don't go very often because I smoke such small quantities and my stock lasts a long time, so I went last weekend, and I walked up to is and found a pile of rubble. :fearful: Turns out they shut down and tore it down a month ago in order to build a new store, so that's fine, but that will take at least a year. Anyway, they have another location nearby, so I went there, but it's not nearly as good. It's in a sketchier neighborhood, so the security is harsher, the staff is less friendly, and the atmosphere in general felt more tense. They don't even provide a spot place for people to light up while they're there (not that I ever did that, but it created a more comfortable and welcoming feel to the place). Also, they've got more of the product in vending machines than the other place did, which lowers the level of customer service/product advice. Finally, the grams are $2 more expensive.... although the shatter is cheaper, so I guess it all evens out there. Anyway, I'm going to miss my old place, where it was so relaxed and happy. :disappointed: Hopefully the staff that was there before comes back to a new store, because they were awesome. I guess for the time being they all lost their jobs?? I was surprised to discover that the staff at the remaining location didn't seem to know or give a shit about the staff at the location that was demolished, which I found weird. Silver lining - if they are building a dispensary from the ground up, I guess it will probably be pretty awesome. It's just weird, because the building that they tore down seemed perfectly sound and in good condition. Maybe they were simply guaranteed a space in some larger development or something.
    Where was your dispensary?  Typically places like that get wrecking balled down because citizens don't want drugs in the neighbourhood.  Especially in Vancouver.
    edited August 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    My go-to dispensary was torn down. :frowning: I don't go very often because I smoke such small quantities and my stock lasts a long time, so I went last weekend, and I walked up to is and found a pile of rubble. :fearful: Turns out they shut down and tore it down a month ago in order to build a new store, so that's fine, but that will take at least a year. Anyway, they have another location nearby, so I went there, but it's not nearly as good. It's in a sketchier neighborhood, so the security is harsher, the staff is less friendly, and the atmosphere in general felt more tense. They don't even provide a spot place for people to light up while they're there (not that I ever did that, but it created a more comfortable and welcoming feel to the place). Also, they've got more of the product in vending machines than the other place did, which lowers the level of customer service/product advice. Finally, the grams are $2 more expensive.... although the shatter is cheaper, so I guess it all evens out there. Anyway, I'm going to miss my old place, where it was so relaxed and happy. :disappointed: Hopefully the staff that was there before comes back to a new store, because they were awesome. I guess for the time being they all lost their jobs?? I was surprised to discover that the staff at the remaining location didn't seem to know or give a shit about the staff at the location that was demolished, which I found weird. Silver lining - if they are building a dispensary from the ground up, I guess it will probably be pretty awesome. It's just weird, because the building that they tore down seemed perfectly sound and in good condition. Maybe they were simply guaranteed a space in some larger development or something.
    Where was your dispensary?  Typically places like that get wrecking balled down because citizens don't want drugs in the neighbourhood.  Especially in Vancouver.
    Huh? Especially in Vancouver? Where'd you get that? That isn't true. In fact, I have never once heard of a dispensary being bulldozed because citizens wanted it to be, and the only ones that get closed down are the ones that violate the zoning rules, i.e. too close to a school or community centre, shit like that. Citizens in a neighborhood can't get a licensed dispensary bulldozed.
    This was a licensed dispensary, and they said at the other location and on their website that they are temporarily closed and rebuilding.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Huh? Especially in Vancouver? Where'd you get that? That isn't true. In fact, I have never once heard of a dispensary being bulldozed because citizens wanted it to be, and the only ones that get closed down are the ones that violate the zoning rules, i.e. too close to a school or community centre, shit like that. Citizens in a neighborhood can't get a licensed dispensary bulldozed.
    This was a licensed dispensary, and they said at the other location and on their website that they are temporarily closed and rebuilding.

He's just baiting you because pot doesn't get him as high as trolling on the internet.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    To his highness.

I mean, c'mon....look at those eyes.

hedonist said:
    That sucks, PJS.  I LOVE my place - location, staff, variety, service, vibe, etc.! - and am happy knowing they're not going anywhere as they just upgraded their systems and are getting their next-door space ready for California's upcoming non-MMJ business.

Hopefully you can come upon a place that feels better.
    Thanks Hedo! Yeah, one can get attached to places like this - grassroots kinds of establishments, you know? It sucks when they close.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I agree with PJ Soull, I personally don't think people care where the dispensary is. Here is an example from my town. 2 yes ago our town allowed a company to come in and build a large growing facility, pretty sure that's all it will be and not a dispensary. It's not going yet as there was a delay in some payments ( know the guy who built it) but it's a finished now and back on track. Anyways where I'm going with all this, they just broke ground on a brand new super school this summer, Kindergarden to high school and literally a stones throw from the facility. I would say about 2 football field lengths apart and I haven't heard one complaint from town council or is it in the paper or is it the gossip around town. So don't think people care as much as they once may have about dispensary or growing facility. I originally thought this facility was going to create some serious buzz in town and never did
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Been smoking up my stash. Roaches and bud shake and whatnot. Thought I'd smoke it up and actually be out. Been a long time since I was out. Then my guy called.

GSC on the right. A 'collaboration' strain on the left called Irene.

Aweful pic now that I look at it.

Cheers!

#FHP
    Just what the hell is going on?
    I SAW PEARL JAM