Options

I'm high on marijuana RIGHT NOW!!

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    edited February 2017

How long does it take to leave your system?
    Specifically, how long until I can drive my car again.
    Cops test for drugs and alcohol here.

Depends on how much you smoke and how often for it to leave your system. Typical it takes longer for it to leave if you smoke regularly, but it's really a crapshoot. It can be as little as a week up to a month or more. That is, unfortunately, one of the downsides to smoking.
    What type of testing is done by cops if they stop you while driving?
    Looks like police in Australia are using the "oral fluid sample" (i.e. saliva) roadside testing for THC. That's good news, if they're going to test at all, since THC lasts for a much shorter period of time in the saliva compared to the urine and more accurately reflects recent use (i.e. use within hours, not within days to weeks). Not a perfect test in terms of sensitvity and specificity, but positive tests need to be confirmed by more accurate measures non-roadside before charges are approved.

Edit - they also use the oral fluid testing for MDMA and meth
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165

Depends on how much you smoke and how often for it to leave your system. Typical it takes longer for it to leave if you smoke regularly, but it's really a crapshoot. It can be as little as a week up to a month or more. That is, unfortunately, one of the downsides to smoking.
    Saliva test to detect the presence of drugs in the system.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

Looks like police in Australia are using the "oral fluid sample" (i.e. saliva) roadside testing for THC. That's good news, if they're going to test at all, since THC lasts for a much shorter period of time in the saliva compared to the urine and more accurately reflects recent use (i.e. use within hours, not within days to weeks). Not a perfect test in terms of sensitvity and specificity, but positive tests need to be confirmed by more accurate measures non-roadside before charges are approved.

Edit - they also use the oral fluid testing for MDMA and meth
    Correct.
    If drugs are detected road side then you are taken to the police station for further testing, if you test positive at the police station you're in trouble.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Thanks for the info. We're not that advanced here in the States yet. At least not in my state. I'm going to have to do some research on salival drug tests.
    At my job, if we are involved in any type of safety incident, we are tested but have to give a urine sample. From the things mentioned here, it sounds like the saliva test would be more appropriate to see if someone is high on the job. To me, it's completely unfair that I'd have to give a urine sample if I smoked weed on a Saturday night in January (i.e. not at work nor going to work) then knocked over the shelf at my desk on Valentine's Day.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm about to send off a friendly email to Chongschoice.com about Tommy's visage not appearing on each joint's paper (inconsequential, but gives a smile while puffing!), and non-conformity of the joints (one way short, one way long). I figure there's a set amount for each package and then they just roll it out. But c'mon, quality control!

Still, the green itself is absolutely excellent.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

rasberry kush & ras kush wax. Then this

porchetta on pork chop roll
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Just chugged down my soda. Tastes like a Dr Pepper.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Pow! And then you touch down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ymkBEhdHBE
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Super Bowl is a stoners day. All these snacks to pick from.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

Super Bowl is a stoners day. All these snacks to pick from.

I wish I'd thought through the snack factor more clearly; however, there is a crunchy peanut butter / chocolate pudding thing in the fridge that is calling my name.

(and yes, I'll be answering)
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

and thoughts, just a quick tip: if you want to use weed to escape, I don't recommend. if you want to use it to enhance, I do recommend.

you were also asking about mood. It doesn't make my anxiety or depression worse, but I do find the next day, later on in the day, I can be quite irritable. can't wait for the 5pm hulk smash!

I also find it makes me stop drinking. last night, for example, I was having a couple whiskeys, and I smoked, I had a beer, and that was it. usually i don't have an off switch. weed is my off swtich for some reason. or the switch moves, I guess, from drinking to eating. :lol:

Thanks dude.
    What's hulk smash?
    On your previous post, is it possible to survive munchies without eating? I don't want to get fat haha.
    Also, yeah it is to enhance. I am feeling very spiritual lately. Marley, Yoga, Exercise.
    haha. when the incredible hulk gets angry, he yells "HULK SMASH" and he smashes something.

I have never been able to survive munchies without eating.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

and thoughts, just a quick tip: if you want to use weed to escape, I don't recommend. if you want to use it to enhance, I do recommend.

you were also asking about mood. It doesn't make my anxiety or depression worse, but I do find the next day, later on in the day, I can be quite irritable. can't wait for the 5pm hulk smash!

I also find it makes me stop drinking. last night, for example, I was having a couple whiskeys, and I smoked, I had a beer, and that was it. usually i don't have an off switch. weed is my off swtich for some reason. or the switch moves, I guess, from drinking to eating. :lol:

Thanks dude.
    What's hulk smash?
    On your previous post, is it possible to survive munchies without eating? I don't want to get fat haha.
    Also, yeah it is to enhance. I am feeling very spiritual lately. Marley, Yoga, Exercise.
    haha. when the incredible hulk gets angry, he yells "HULK SMASH" and he smashes something.

I have never been able to survive munchies without eating.
    lol, I've never seen the Hulk movie or anything Hulk related.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

Haha, this gave me a chuckle this morning.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited February 2017
    Joints are wasteful, and I don't like smoking paper. There are some really smooth tasting papers out there, but they still harsh it up.

I created a paperless joint that I used to make when I was a major stoner.
    You take some bud that isn't quite dry yet, still nice and sticky, and chunk it into less than pea sized pieces. Take a sturdy straw and mash the bud onto it so it looks like a thumb sized corndog, you really gotta smash it down so it gets all stuck together. Leave a quarter inch of straw sticking out the top. Then you dry it for a few hours and slowly, carefully draw the straw out until it is only inside the last half inch of bud. Snip it down to about 2 inches to use as a handle and to draw from and ta-da! a paperless joint. Light it up and the smoke draws through the hollow middle. It needs to dry out more yet, I used to dry them until they were almost bone dry, they smoke hard and fast that way, but are more likely to crumble so they must be handled gently. If they fall apart, oh well, stuff the bong.

Great for parties, you bust one of those out and people's eyes light up lol
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Haha, this gave me a chuckle this morning.

same lol
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Some of the threads in this place make me want to smoke a joint.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Some actually make me smoke a joint!

(or at least the bowl.......like right now)

God bless Key Lime Pie.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    hedonist said:

Some actually make me smoke a joint!

(or at least the bowl.......like right now)

God bless Key Lime Pie.
    17,000 my stoned amiga
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Haha! I had to love on Fifth Element's photos first.

But, fittingly, had to go back to the 1000's Learning to Fly, and spreading my mental wings with them :)
  • Options
    In Colorado on a long vacation, but too sick(coughing & sore throat)to smoke out of my bong. Good thing I have a vaporizer.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    A few propositions on LA's ballot for next month's votes. Shall be reviewing and sending in my absentee ballot this weekend!
  • Options
    On-demanding the latest of Viceland's Bong Appetit at the moment.

Oh, to have a pantry FULL OF WEED.
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    hedonist said:

On-demanding the latest of Viceland's Bong Appetit at the moment.

Oh, to have a pantry FULL OF WEED.

That pantry is insane!
    #FHP
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Smoking Golden Goat right now.

(No, that is not a euphemism despite him being blonde :smiley: )
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited February 2017
    To TA. Only you can determine what you are comfortable with. Many, many good pieces of info here, even from the opposing sides. Having been diagnosed ADHD at four, and BP at six, I had been put on every psychiatric drug you can imagine, and never got HALF as much relief from them as I have from smoking pot. Four years ago, I quit taking the psych meds ALL together, as well as a year after, cut drinking alcohol from things, and have gone solely on just sdjusting which strains I smoke and when, and life has gotten exponentially better! ( PLEASE don't take this as you should quit taking any psych meds) However, as just stated in the parentheses, this is not to say that that works for everyone. My Drs. fought me tooth and nail! To this DAY.. they try to compound some whacky chemicals into my diet, but I refuse, because 9 times out of ten, we are cash cows to the psychiatric systems. I wish I had quit 10 years ago, before eating 1600 mg + 400 to sleep (on a daily regimen for 6 years), of Seroquel gave me Diabetes; as now my entire circulatory system is messed up for life! I can never get that back.

All this to say, everyone is different. 2 feign has some really great points, as does HFD. It all boils down to you doing some research, finding a reliable source, and trying it out in a safe environment.

Good luck my friend!
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    Ps. Being a professional horseman for 35 years, 20 at the time Seroquel started getting popular in the world of psychiatric medicine... I should have run screaming! As I knew what it could do! I have given many a horse, a shot of Quetiapine before loading them on planes, boats, and trains. If it knocks a horse's dick in the dirt.. what does it do to US????
  • Options
    Thank you whispering hands!
    My cousin told me a similar thing to what you said, he said weed has done wonders for his emotions and mental state.
  • Options

Thank you whispering hands!
    My cousin told me a similar thing to what you said, he said weed has done wonders for his emotions and mental state.

It can. Although I also know a lady back in California that can NOT smoke, because it makes her paranoid. So it really is different for everyone. Over the last four years I have learned to adjust pure strains against hybrids against what my mood is. It has been a much better result.
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716

To TA. Only you can determine what you are comfortable with. Many, many good pieces of info here, even from the opposing sides. Having been diagnosed ADHD at four, and BP at six, I had been put on every psychiatric drug you can imagine, and never got HALF as much relief from them as I have from smoking pot. Four years ago, I quit taking the psych meds ALL together, as well as a year after, cut drinking alcohol from things, and have gone solely on just sdjusting which strains I smoke and when, and life has gotten exponentially better! ( PLEASE don't take this as you should quit taking any psych meds) However, as just stated in the parentheses, this is not to say that that works for everyone. My Drs. fought me tooth and nail! To this DAY.. they try to compound some whacky chemicals into my diet, but I refuse, because 9 times out of ten, we are cash cows to the psychiatric systems. I wish I had quit 10 years ago, before eating 1600 mg + 400 to sleep (on a daily regimen for 6 years), of Seroquel gave me Diabetes; as now my entire circulatory system is messed up for life! I can never get that back.

All this to say, everyone is different. 2 feign has some really great points, as does HFD. It all boils down to you doing some research, finding a reliable source, and trying it out in a safe environment.

Good luck my friend!

Yes!!! And the health care system in general. Who paid for all those anti marijuana ads aimed at voters? Pharmaceutical companies of course! Then they take a drug, tweak it just a bit and market it as a new cure and charge a dozen times what it cost to make. What a racket!

Also...that much Seroquel?!! :open_mouth:
  • Options

Good luck my friend!

Yes!!! And the health care system in general. Who paid for all those anti marijuana ads aimed at voters? Pharmaceutical companies of course! Then they take a drug, tweak it just a bit and market it as a new cure and charge a dozen times what it cost to make. What a racket!

Also...that much Seroquel?!! :open_mouth:
    Yeah.. and could still drive!! It kept me from
    Bouncing off the walls! I used to have this horrific habit of picking at my skin. All nervous energy.. turns out, I just needed a good hybrid.. no more scabs! I finally look normal, instead of like an AIDS patient! ( not being mean.. but seriously I had MANY folks ask..)