I'm high on marijuana RIGHT NOW!!

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165

I forgot to say I am on 30g of Lexapro. Internet pages say the drug has no interaction with weed although if I suffer anxiety it can induce a panic attack if you try weed.

Dude, cos' you can't be high all day all the time, your anxiety will not go away if you self-medicate. When the high is over, it often comes right on back. You need to get in your own head and do the work - not layer it with THC. I recommend you invest in counseling and learn to re-wire your brain to think (and therefore feel) less anxious. Good luck my Australian brother!
    I am actually not anxious as much as I was before medication. I have been in a great mood lately (gym followed by cold showers help) so this is not to self medicate, more to enhance my natural high.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

and to answer your question, yes, if you have anxiety issues, a THC overdose from today's potent weed could trigger a terrible panic attack. I've seen a steady uptick of these in my practice the past 5 years or so. Honestly, you run a risk having never used it before because you have no idea what your tolerance is and because you have no clue what is in your weed (assuming you don't have weed 'baristas' in AUS), you run the risk of smoking other nasty shit than can trigger issues. Not trying to be all high (no pun intended) and mighty here - just sharing another side of things.

No baristas here. It is illegal in all states. What do you mean 'waht is in your weed'? Do people mix it with things?
    Thanks for the advice.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,415
    Horos said:

This is Lemon Sour Diesel.

Suberb..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

and to answer your question, yes, if you have anxiety issues, a THC overdose from today's potent weed could trigger a terrible panic attack. I've seen a steady uptick of these in my practice the past 5 years or so. Honestly, you run a risk having never used it before because you have no idea what your tolerance is and because you have no clue what is in your weed (assuming you don't have weed 'baristas' in AUS), you run the risk of smoking other nasty shit than can trigger issues. Not trying to be all high (no pun intended) and mighty here - just sharing another side of things.

No baristas here. It is illegal in all states. What do you mean 'waht is in your weed'? Do people mix it with things?
    Thanks for the advice.
    Yes. Unless you grow and process it yourself, you have no clue what else could be in there. Rat poison? Embalming fluid? Glass? Yep.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I'm just saying, if your intuition says not to smoke, then listen and don't do it. You have that voice for a reason. Also, if you're already feeling good, I'd leave that alone. It's exactly that kind of thinking that gets people chasing highs and 'enhancements' into harder drugs like cocaine and heroin.
    www.cluthelee.com

Thanks for the advice.
    Yes. Unless you grow and process it yourself, you have no clue what else could be in there. Rat poison? Embalming fluid? Glass? Yep.
    Curious why weed would be laced with that.

I'm just saying, if your intuition says not to smoke, then listen and don't do it. You have that voice for a reason. Also, if you're already feeling good, I'd leave that alone. It's exactly that kind of thinking that gets people chasing highs and 'enhancements' into harder drugs like cocaine and heroin.

Been listening to too much Bob Marley haha. I want to experience music high.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518

Thanks for the advice.
    I can't speak for Australia but here in the states I've bought weed thousands of times from thousands of sources and never had any weed give me adverse effects.
    #FHP
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518

You should be fine just having a few tokes. As long as you're not dealing with extracts or edibles it's really hard to get enough in your system to freak you out.
    #FHP
    Horos said:

You should be fine just having a few tokes. As long as you're not dealing with extracts or edibles it's really hard to get enough in your system to freak you out.
    Cheers.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Horos said:

Thanks for the advice.
    I can't speak for Australia but here in the states I've bought weed thousands of times from thousands of sources and never had any weed give me adverse effects.
    Ditto
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

I forgot to say I am on 30g of Lexapro. Internet pages say the drug has no interaction with weed although if I suffer anxiety it can induce a panic attack if you try weed.

Dude, cos' you can't be high all day all the time, your anxiety will not go away if you self-medicate. When the high is over, it often comes right on back. You need to get in your own head and do the work - not layer it with THC. I recommend you invest in counseling and learn to re-wire your brain to think (and therefore feel) less anxious. Good luck my Australian brother!
    I am actually not anxious as much as I was before medication. I have been in a great mood lately (gym followed by cold showers help) so this is not to self medicate, more to enhance my natural high.
    I have been smoking weed on and off since I was 14. I am now 42. Suffered from depression and anxiety for the last 20. There was a time where smoking would make me freak out. Like thoughts so deep that I would get stressed out (I recall Eddie saying something similar-he had to quit as it started taking his mind places he didn't like). So I just didn't. Then I tried it again at a party and i was fine. Smoke occasionally, just a few tokes, to watch a comedy special or something. Did so last night. It was lovely. But I eat way too much when high. Like, I KNOW I'm full, but I keep eating. it's gross. last night I hate a bag and a half of doritos. blech.

some of my friends say they get super horny on weed (girls and guys). Never had that sensation before. I just get ridiculously lazy. I don't smoke with the intention of needing a good sleep, because I sleep just fine, but it does assist. last night my sleep was HEAVY.

I don't understand most of what is discussed in this thread. I have a pipe, and some weed. I don't know what strand it is, it has no special flavour; that part seems foreign to me. this thread sounds like the Starbucks of marijuana. :lol:

I don't smoke outside the house. I get WAY too paranoid and uncomfortable. i used to smoke anytime, anywhere (even at work when I used to work security-that was FUN). can't even smoke at my neighbour's down the road. Need to be in my SPACE. Preferebly even just in my basement. Anywhere else I feel out of place.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

and thoughts, just a quick tip: if you want to use weed to escape, I don't recommend. if you want to use it to enhance, I do recommend.

you were also asking about mood. It doesn't make my anxiety or depression worse, but I do find the next day, later on in the day, I can be quite irritable. can't wait for the 5pm hulk smash!

I also find it makes me stop drinking. last night, for example, I was having a couple whiskeys, and I smoked, I had a beer, and that was it. usually i don't have an off switch. weed is my off swtich for some reason. or the switch moves, I guess, from drinking to eating. :lol:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited February 2017

I have been smoking weed on and off since I was 14. I am now 42. Suffered from depression and anxiety for the last 20. There was a time where smoking would make me freak out. Like thoughts so deep that I would get stressed out (I recall Eddie saying something similar-he had to quit as it started taking his mind places he didn't like). So I just didn't. Then I tried it again at a party and i was fine. Smoke occasionally, just a few tokes, to watch a comedy special or something. Did so last night. It was lovely. But I eat way too much when high. Like, I KNOW I'm full, but I keep eating. it's gross. last night I hate a bag and a half of doritos. blech.

some of my friends say they get super horny on weed (girls and guys). Never had that sensation before. I just get ridiculously lazy. I don't smoke with the intention of needing a good sleep, because I sleep just fine, but it does assist. last night my sleep was HEAVY.

I don't understand most of what is discussed in this thread. I have a pipe, and some weed. I don't know what strand it is, it has no special flavour; that part seems foreign to me. this thread sounds like the Starbucks of marijuana. :lol:

I don't smoke outside the house. I get WAY too paranoid and uncomfortable. i used to smoke anytime, anywhere (even at work when I used to work security-that was FUN). can't even smoke at my neighbour's down the road. Need to be in my SPACE. Preferebly even just in my basement. Anywhere else I feel out of place.
    Haha good stuff..yea if you don't want to feel lazy get some sativa. My age and stats are similar to yours minus the depression (I think).. I went through the same "guy" for years who had nice strong weed. We had a falling out yada yada and i started hooking up through a guy that only dealt with good sativa. I later found out through another friend the old guy only would get indica since that's what he preferred. Man the difference is astonishing! Now I smoke and it's energizing. My wife is like "why are you cleaning the house at 10pm?". My point is you don't turn into mush and melt into the couch. You should try sativa I feel like I missed out all these years.
    Post edited by Wma31394 on
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

I know exactly what is in my smoke down to the terpene levels
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited February 2017

Just to expand on a couple points you've made. There have been a few times that I've felt I've gotten wayyyyyy too high. It freaks me out for a while but there's still part of my brain that triggers a safe response - I'll tell myself, while I'm freaking out, that I'll be just fine in 20 minutes or so. Usually this happens when I haven't smoked in a while and I take my normal 3-4 hits, instead of 1 or 2 and see where I'm at before going further. Or if I try wax... I really don't recommend anyone do that unless you are a seasoned veteran of the bud. That shit will absolutely blast you. I'm like you, I just stick to bud and a pipe. Easiest way to go, imo.

As for other reactions, I am in the super horny camp and I know others that say they get that way, too. I also know many people who say they've never felt that, either. One thing I don't get is the munchies. Not once, ever. I'm really glad for that.
    Point being, for the OP, is that we all react differently to it. If you try it, take a hit, wait 5 minutes and see where you are. If you think you might need another, take a small one, wait another 5 minutes (prob won't take that long). You can always get higher if you want to, but if you get too high from the start, you can't undo it, just have to wait it out.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
    one thing I noticed this morning is that while high last night, I don't recall thinking about US politics ONCE. that in itself is worth it!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

one thing I noticed this morning is that while high last night, I don't recall thinking about US politics ONCE. that in itself is worth it!

Boom!

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

This can be a wonderful thing :)

Enjoyed some Purple Haze last evening (on top of a Chong's Choice joint), and blasted music for a while...among it all, one of my favorite Willie songs - Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    It's February now, so inching closer to "middle of 2018."

Where my cannachocoberries at?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    hedonist said:

This can be a wonderful thing :)

Enjoyed some Purple Haze last evening (on top of a Chong's Choice joint), and blasted music for a while...among it all, one of my favorite Willie songs - Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die!
    Love that song! And ironically, I just ran out of Purple Haze. So far, the o let strain that makes me horny but damn does it work!! Of course my dispensary is out now that I want more.

Just tried some El Gato for the first time.
    Got pretty stupido for a bit, but I'm all good now. Just happy and relaxed but still functioning.
    Verdict: Me like-o El Gato!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I have not smoked El Gato before but it's so fun trying new strains.

DK, I got your cannachocoberries right HERE!

(next trip to my place, I shall procure a tin for you =) )
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Wow! That El Gato went south on me real fast! Went from feeling great to really bad headache as I'm coming down. Glad I only got a gram to try.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

Wow! That El Gato went south on me real fast! Went from feeling great to really bad headache as I'm coming down. Glad I only got a gram to try.

Never trust cats.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited February 2017

and thoughts, just a quick tip: if you want to use weed to escape, I don't recommend. if you want to use it to enhance, I do recommend.

you were also asking about mood. It doesn't make my anxiety or depression worse, but I do find the next day, later on in the day, I can be quite irritable. can't wait for the 5pm hulk smash!

I also find it makes me stop drinking. last night, for example, I was having a couple whiskeys, and I smoked, I had a beer, and that was it. usually i don't have an off switch. weed is my off swtich for some reason. or the switch moves, I guess, from drinking to eating. :lol:

Thanks dude.
    What's hulk smash?
    On your previous post, is it possible to survive munchies without eating? I don't want to get fat haha.
    Also, yeah it is to enhance. I am feeling very spiritual lately. Marley, Yoga, Exercise.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on

Just to expand on a couple points you've made. There have been a few times that I've felt I've gotten wayyyyyy too high. It freaks me out for a while but there's still part of my brain that triggers a safe response - I'll tell myself, while I'm freaking out, that I'll be just fine in 20 minutes or so. Usually this happens when I haven't smoked in a while and I take my normal 3-4 hits, instead of 1 or 2 and see where I'm at before going further. Or if I try wax... I really don't recommend anyone do that unless you are a seasoned veteran of the bud. That shit will absolutely blast you. I'm like you, I just stick to bud and a pipe. Easiest way to go, imo.

As for other reactions, I am in the super horny camp and I know others that say they get that way, too. I also know many people who say they've never felt that, either. One thing I don't get is the munchies. Not once, ever. I'm really glad for that.
    Point being, for the OP, is that we all react differently to it. If you try it, take a hit, wait 5 minutes and see where you are. If you think you might need another, take a small one, wait another 5 minutes (prob won't take that long). You can always get higher if you want to, but if you get too high from the start, you can't undo it, just have to wait it out.
    Noted. I was thinking this, to take it slow.
    How long does it take to leave your system?
    Specifically, how long until I can drive my car again.
    Cops test for drugs and alcohol here.
    Wma31394 said:

Haha good stuff..yea if you don't want to feel lazy get some sativa. My age and stats are similar to yours minus the depression (I think).. I went through the same "guy" for years who had nice strong weed. We had a falling out yada yada and i started hooking up through a guy that only dealt with good sativa. I later found out through another friend the old guy only would get indica since that's what he preferred. Man the difference is astonishing! Now I smoke and it's energizing. My wife is like "why are you cleaning the house at 10pm?". My point is you don't turn into mush and melt into the couch. You should try sativa I feel like I missed out all these years.
    I want that sativa.
    Then to try it whilst working on songwriting.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

How long does it take to leave your system?
    Specifically, how long until I can drive my car again.
    Cops test for drugs and alcohol here.

Depends on how much you smoke and how often for it to leave your system. Typical it takes longer for it to leave if you smoke regularly, but it's really a crapshoot. It can be as little as a week up to a month or more. That is, unfortunately, one of the downsides to smoking.
    What type of testing is done by cops if they stop you while driving?