Options

I'm high on marijuana RIGHT NOW!!

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Do you smokers experience any memory or concentration problems when not high?
    And do you experience any psychosis?
    How is you cardiovascular fitness?
    Just wondering, it is what scares me from trying weed.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Picked up an ounce and got 7 samples with it. Trying Blackberry Cheesquake now.
    #FHP
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

No problems with concentration or memory.
    No psychosis.
    My heart was bad years before I started smoking weed. It's purely my genetics. Weed has not made it any worse.
  • Options
    I forgot to say I am on 30g of Lexapro. Internet pages say the drug has no interaction with weed although if I suffer anxiety it can induce a panic attack if you try weed.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

No problems with concentration or memory.
    No psychosis.

What about your lung health? Are you fit enough to work out (i.e. cycling, running)?

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Have smoked almost daily for the last 40-or-so years. Mind is sharp (usually, but not always! ...chalk it up to life in general) - but I kick ass at work, and (mostly) as a human being - fuck knows we all have our shortcomings...AND have used post-its as reminders for a long time. No problems with concentration. Other than when life pushes its head in to the norm, in a hard way. Just gotta deal with the blows and it can be pretty tough when blindsided.

Cardio? For me, success on that front equals hitting the bowl and not coughing up a lung =)

Really, if you don't feel it's for you, don't. Me and mine, it is, has been, SO much better than other meds with mindfucking side-effects prescribed freely and without second thought FROM OUR DOCTORS. Those to whom we have entrusted our care? Nah, fuck you who put yourselves ahead of those you should be treating. Bless those who really do see and care and act upon their obligations to their patients. This latter group I love and am humbled by.

So, we'll go with what we know. I will take the green or crystallized or lovely purple as the case may be (that's what
    she said).
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I'm not fit enough to do either of those activities but that is a lifestyle choice. I don't exercise because I don't like to. I used to cycle 4-5 nights a week but it just became a big pain in the ass. Your lungs will be fine.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Have smoked almost daily for the last 40-or-so years. Mind is sharp (usually, but not always! ...chalk it up to life in general) - but I kick ass at work, and (mostly) as a human being - fuck knows we all have our shortcomings...AND have used post-its as reminders for a long time. No problems with concentration. Other than when life pushes its head in to the norm, in a hard way. Just gotta deal with the blows and it can be pretty tough when blindsided.

Cardio? For me, success on that front equals hitting the bowl and not coughing up a lung =)

Really, if you don't feel it's for you, don't. Me and mine, it is, has been, SO much better than other meds with mindfucking side-effects prescribed freely and without second thought FROM OUR DOCTORS. Those to whom we have entrusted our care? Nah, fuck you who put yourselves ahead of those you should be treating. Bless those who really do see and care and act upon their obligations to their patients. This latter group I love and am humbled by.

So, we'll go with what we know. I will take the green or crystallized or lovely purple as the case may be (that's what
    she said).
    Thanks for sharing.
    My cousin smokes daily and says it helps him with his mood. We should be similar genetically so hopefully it won't affect me.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,490
    i'm working better when i'm high..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Sativa or Indica?
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Sativa or Indica?

Depends on what you like to do..if you want to melt into the couch and drool on yourself smoke indica...if you want to have a high energy buzz and get shit done smoke sativa..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790

Sativa or Indica?

Medical reasons Indica is great for body pain or you want to sleep. You will also melt into the couch while still awake as Wma mentioned. Sativas are great for getting shit done or social activities. On cleaning day in the house I down a red bull and then smoke some. Throw some loud music on and that chore actually becomes fun in a weird way. If you are not sure what to get start with a hybrid between the two. You will get a little of both effects together.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    sativas before 5pm
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Just 18 months away in Massachusetts. :angry:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Patience, Daniel-San.

Meantime, cannichocoberries?

:peace:
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:

dankind said:

Patience, Daniel-San.

Meantime, cannichocoberries?

:peace:
    I'm betting that they just keep adding six months to it every time it gets to within a year. Oh, and a lot of the smaller towns are zoning it so that pot shops will only be permitted in "adult" districts.

Way to stigmatize, Mass.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    That sucks, Dan. You can always visit us. I'll hook you up. :smiley:

TA, I've been smoking for about 5 years now and my cardio fitness is the same (wasn't great to begin with). I have ADD so concentration has always been an issue but the weed hasn't made it any worse. It works wonders on my anxiety and pain and overall mood. My one suggestion is that you make sure you're in a safe, relaxed place and state of mind when you try it for the first time. Make sure you have what you need (snacks, drinks, whatever) before you start. And today's weed is very potent so a little goes a long way. But go for it. It truly is a gift.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    edited January 2017

I forgot to say I am on 30g of Lexapro. Internet pages say the drug has no interaction with weed although if I suffer anxiety it can induce a panic attack if you try weed.

Dude, cos' you can't be high all day all the time, your anxiety will not go away if you self-medicate. When the high is over, it often comes right on back. You need to get in your own head and do the work - not layer it with THC. I recommend you invest in counseling and learn to re-wire your brain to think (and therefore feel) less anxious. Good luck my Australian brother!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    and to answer your question, yes, if you have anxiety issues, a THC overdose from today's potent weed could trigger a terrible panic attack. I've seen a steady uptick of these in my practice the past 5 years or so. Honestly, you run a risk having never used it before because you have no idea what your tolerance is and because you have no clue what is in your weed (assuming you don't have weed 'baristas' in AUS), you run the risk of smoking other nasty shit than can trigger issues. Not trying to be all high (no pun intended) and mighty here - just sharing another side of things.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    2 feign is right. You have to be careful. Especially if you're getting it off the street. I'm spoiled with my medical weed but there's some nasty shit out there.
  • Options
    A friend brought this over for me yesterday.

#FHP
  • Options
    ^^^ Nice! I love the sodas!
  • Options
    Never heard or had a soda..are there juices?
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

Never heard or had a soda..are there juices?

I haven't seen any here in AZ. But maybe. They keep coming up with new stuff all the time. The soda was great except I didn't check the dosage and chugged the entire bottle and smoked so I got way too stoned. I was going in for waxing and was staring up at the ceiling seeing colors the whole time. Took me back to my acid days.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    just got the best news. 30% the entire menu @ my local dispensary til February 14, 2016
    https://www.soctwellness.com/our-menu/todays-menu/
    If I had waited and didn't go Friday, I coulda saved $150. My sister is gonna be pissed that she gotta go back again for me.
  • Options
    rssesq said:

just got the best news. 30% the entire menu @ my local dispensary til February 14, 2016
    https://www.soctwellness.com/our-menu/todays-menu/
    If I had waited and didn't go Friday, I coulda saved $150. My sister is gonna be pissed that she gotta go back again for me.

Man that is a nice looking menu..
  • Options
    These are the samples I got: 1st row(Obama Kush, Blackberry Kush) 2nd row(Girl Scout Cookies, Sour Diesel) 3rd row(Blue Dream, Recon)

#FHP
  • Options
    This is Lemon Sour Diesel.

#FHP
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    edited to remove first sentence...yes, may be somewhat and/or very buzzed :)

Also love how the strain names make their ways across the states. Several of those mentioned are offered at my dispensary, which shall be visited before the weekend.
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options

That sucks, Dan. You can always visit us. I'll hook you up. :smiley:

TA, I've been smoking for about 5 years now and my cardio fitness is the same (wasn't great to begin with). I have ADD so concentration has always been an issue but the weed hasn't made it any worse. It works wonders on my anxiety and pain and overall mood. My one suggestion is that you make sure you're in a safe, relaxed place and state of mind when you try it for the first time. Make sure you have what you need (snacks, drinks, whatever) before you start. And today's weed is very potent so a little goes a long way. But go for it. It truly is a gift.
    Thanks dude. It's illegal here. I am too scared to seek it out but if I'm at a party and not driving I want to try.