Options

New Eddie Vedder picks!

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836

dannybones64 - Epic night on friday at Fenway ! Enjoy tonight - i will be there in spirit !! #pearljam #fenway

Comments

• Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,303
    Gunna need to get me one of those!!
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    ISO and will pay, trade or offer offspring
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138

And so the madness begins ;)
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :rofl:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Yeah....I would like one of these...dammit...

And I do have two kidneys...
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

Yeah....I would like one of these...dammit...

And I do have two kidneys...

Two kidneys are overrated. :wink:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited August 2016
    I left tonight's show with the Ed/23 one but not the peace sign. Also got the most awesome "EdVed" in Batman on 1 side and "Kapow!" on the other, and an equally awesome Batgirl on 1 side & EV inside batman shape on the other. But I guess these 2nd 2 are not new? I don't know, it's been a looong time since I got PJ guitar picks.

I gave one of the Ed/23 ones to a super - hyped hearing disabled fan and he was awesome, it was nice to make someone else happy!

[EDITED TO CORRECT: Turns out I did NOT give him an Ed/23 pick, it was an "EddieVedder" within the Batman logo, with "Kapow!" on the other side. Still a super cool pick, and the one I thought was coolest at the time, but not the one I thought I gave him. Only realized my mistake in this thread when I checked the photo I took of the guy. He was super-happy with that one though, as was I to give it to him, and at the time I didn't realize any one of them was more rare or special than any other. Only realized that reading this thread!]
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,000
    edited August 2016

It's just stuff dave. Rofl. Different stuff but stuff nonetheless
  • Options
    I'D RATHER BEI'D RATHER BE Posts: 528
    edited August 2016
    JH6056 said:

I left tonight's show with the Ed/23 one but not the peace sign. Also got the most awesome "EdVed" in Batman on 1 side and "Kapow!" on the other, and an equally awesome Batgirl on 1 side & EV inside batman shape on the other. But I guess these 2nd 2 are not new? I don't know, it's been a looong time since I got PJ guitar picks.

I gave one of the Ed/23 ones to a super - hyped hearing disabled fan and he was awesome, it was nice to make someone else happy!

Good job!
  • Options
    sharptoesharptoe Rochester, NY Posts: 91
    The peace sign says Mike McCready on the other side
    Maybe so, Maybe not!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709

JH6056 said:

Good job!
    nice work there, that pick is so cool.

Hopefully I can track one down
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    pdalowsky said:

JH6056 said:

Good job!

Hopefully I can track one hundred down
    fixed
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    Would love to find one of those

Such a great weekend!!
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709

pdalowsky said:

JH6056 said:

Good job!

Hopefully I can track one hundred down
    fixed
    haha
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    pdalowsky said:

JH6056 said:

Good job!

Curved triangular piece of plastic with a picture on, would look great on a keyring...

...said the non collector teasing the collector ;)
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

JH6056 said:

Good job!
    Last PJ show before this that I was at, I helped a guy in a wheelchair get into the pit and pit fans looked out for him and he ended up front row. I was truly as excited about that as I was at that truly spectacular show. Tried to help out another fan last night with a seat upgrade but he arrived too late. Shows are just better when you make effort to help someone else have a better time :)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    IamTom said:

pdalowsky said:

JH6056 said:

Good job!

Curved triangular piece of plastic with a picture on, would look great on a keyring...

...said the non collector teasing the collector ;)
    I was thinking more in the performance art vein - get the rare pick then burn it in front of an audience as a commentary on the impermanence of life... ;)
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    :flushed:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Trying to mentally prepare myself for the hysteria of a Cubs font EV pick to go with the Sox EV pick but my hands are shaking just thinking about trying to find both. ;)
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,774
    Anyone looking to trade an Ev pick for MM pic?
  • Options
  • Options
    JM55546JM55546 Posts: 129
    I don't think Eddie threw any of them out during the show on the second night. At the end of the night one of the guys from the crew was given about 20 of them to hand out. That's all.
  • Options
    JM55546 said:

I don't think Eddie threw any of them out during the show on the second night. At the end of the night one of the guys from the crew was given about 20 of them to hand out. That's all.

Crew folks get all the fun. A few crew members working at Fenway Park posted the setlists before Pearl Jam hit the stage on various social media pages.
  • Options
    JM55546JM55546 Posts: 129
    Well at least he handed them out and didn't keep them!

I hate the leaked setlist crap as well.
  • Options
    JM55546 said:

Yup, my date and I were 2 of the lucky ones who got them. I immediately swiped my date's one while saying "I'll just hold that for you... you don't really care about it, right?" :)
  • Options
    DId Ed throw out any of the Red Sox "Ed/23" ones during Fenway 1?
  • Options
    Hey everyone, not that anyone probably cares that much but I don't like to put mis-information out there so I need to correct something I said above: So I'm really new to the world of PJ guitar picks and I have no idea what's new or old or special. We were really lucky in Boston to run into not 1, but 2 "PJ fairy godfathers/godmothers" and got a few guitar picks, which were all new to me.

I said above that I gave a really cool super-stoked fan who was hearing disabled one of our Ed/23 picks and a few of you said "Good job", which I appreciate. That's the pick I thought I gave him. But in going through the pics on my phone I blew up the one of the fan holding the pick I gave him, and it was one of the "Eddie Vedder" within the Batman logo shape on one side, with "Kapow" on the other side, NOT this new Red Sox font one. Still a really cool pick, and to be honest, at the time I gave it to him, I didn't know that any of them were any more or less rare than the others, I was just psyched when I read this thead that I thought I gave him the rare one.

I know it's not that big a deal, but I care about accuracy and wanted to clear that up. Still, dude was incredibly excited to get the pick, and I gave him the one I thought was the coolest at the time, so it's all good!
  • Options
    JM55546 said:

On night 2 when Ed was on the Green Monster side of stage he had someone in security handing the EV/23 ones to people he was pointing out in the ADA section during one of the songs. Not sure if he gave any out anywhere else though. I was there with my friend who's in a wheelchair, a kind soul in front of us got one, turned around, asked my friend if he got one and he said no, so the guy just gave it to him. At the end of the show my friend said he wanted me to have it knowing what a big fan I am. I took him to his first PJ show/my 2nd (MSG2 in 2008) and we also went to MIA in Philly together in addition to countless other shows over the years. On my way out I bought him one of the PJ/Fenway wristbands to try to return the favor, though not at all possible. Never thought I could be so excited about getting a guitar pick, add to that an incredible show! Not sure if that generous guy who gave him/me the pick is on here, or if he remembers, but THANK YOU!!!
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • Options
    edited August 2016

JM55546 said:

On night 2 when Ed was on the Green Monster side of stage he had someone in security handing the EV/23 ones to people he was pointing out in the ADA section during one of the songs. Not sure if he gave any out anywhere else though. I was there with my friend who's in a wheelchair, a kind soul in front of us got one, turned around, asked my friend if he got one and he said no, so the guy just gave it to him. At the end of the show my friend said he wanted me to have it knowing what a big fan I am. I took him to his first PJ show/my 2nd (MSG2 in 2008) and we also went to MIA in Philly together in addition to countless other shows over the years. On my way out I bought him one of the PJ/Fenway wristbands to try to return the favor, though not at all possible. Never thought I could be so excited about getting a guitar pick, add to that an incredible show! Not sure if that generous guy who gave him/me the pick is on here, or if he remembers, but THANK YOU!!!
    Is the Green Monster side the right side of the stage if you're facing the stage? (Sorry, not a Bostonian, have never been clear exactly what the "Green Monster" is!) Was this later in the show, like in the last 1/3 of the show? If so, yeah that guy did give a few more out to people on the rail near the ADA section. That makes sense that maybe Ed specifically asked that that crew person give picks to the ADA section, because it was kind of out of the blue that he ran down the front a little bit handing them out all of a sudden. Not that we minded of course!
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    JH6056 said:

JM55546 said:

Is the Green Monster side the right side of the stage if you're facing the stage? (Sorry, not a Bostonian, have never been clear exactly what the "Green Monster" is!) Was this later in the show, like in the last 1/3 of the show? If so, yeah that guy did give a few more out to people on the rail near the ADA section. That makes sense that maybe Ed specifically asked that that crew person give picks to the ADA section, because it was kind of out of the blue that he ran down the front a little bit handing them out all of a sudden. Not that we minded of course!
    The green monster is the giant wall in left field