Options

Best way to get to Fenway??

2»

Comments

• Options

I'm not parking for the show, but there is a valet/pay lot literally next to Femway. I prepaid $15 for tomorrow for 8 hours to pick up tickets/merch/etc before I go to my hotel up the road.

do you have the name or address of the lot?
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    1271 Boylston Lot.

Parking will be a lot more if it is for the show or other event.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I'm coming from CT and have to park in city for Friday. My plan is to park on Dalton Street (Haynes Auditorium Garage) or the Prudential shopping Center. I'm used to NYC parking prices but would prefer not to have to pay a fortune! I want easy access to highway after show since I'm hauling my ass home again.....just to come back on Sunday....where thankfully I'm staying at a friends house.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    spivedspived Posts: 107
    If it is a good idea to buy a 7-day ticket ($21.25) of the MBTA, for this weekend.

Another question, I will arrive at the Logan Airport, wanna take Silver Line 1 (subway) to South Station, and have two options:

1) Take Framingham/Worcester Line (rail) to Yawkey

2) Walk to Boylston, and take (B) Green Line (subway) to Kenmore.

Does the 7-day ticket cover all the routes?

Thanks in advance!
    Rodolfo from Mexico
    all you need is love
    I got some if you need it
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited August 2016
    Best way to get there?.. ready to hear a PJ show ;)
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    lenglolenglo Quebec City, Canada Posts: 36
    Hello Bostonians, I'll be arriving Sunday around 1pm by car from west Newton i-90. Where should I park the car and board into a rail or T or grab a taxi? I want to avoid traffic after the show I'm looking for something safe.

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,091
    edited August 2016
    Been a few years since I lived in Boston, but for events around Fenway I always used to park just off Comm Ave right at the BU police station (don't remember the street name). Always a ton of parking at night, especially on weekends.

Be careful with the commuter rail, last train out on weekends is pretty early

I, for one, will be taking the green line from Riverside
    Post edited by opsopcopolis on
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    If your timing works well, it would be much easier to take the Commuter Rail to Yawkey from South Station. It saves you the 15ish minute walk to Boylston and you don't have to deal with the terrible Green Line. The 7 day pass may be worth it depending on how much you plan on using the T (what we call the subway) - but I don't believe it would cover the Commuter Rail ride. However, I've had plenty of rides from South Station to Yawkey where they don't even charge you because it's so short.
    spived said:

If it is a good idea to buy a 7-day ticket ($21.25) of the MBTA, for this weekend.

Another question, I will arrive at the Logan Airport, wanna take Silver Line 1 (subway) to South Station, and have two options:

1) Take Framingham/Worcester Line (rail) to Yawkey

2) Walk to Boylston, and take (B) Green Line (subway) to Kenmore.

Does the 7-day ticket cover all the routes?

Thanks in advance!
    Rodolfo from Mexico

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    question for Bostonians: I've just seen on the MBTA website that there is a mobile app that can be used for the Commuter Rail tickets. Since I'm only going from South Station to Fenway and back, I'm going to probably just take the Framingham/Worcester line both ways since it's faster and the same price. IF I do need to take the T, do I need to buy a separate fare card? If so are there machines in every station where I can just buy a single use ticket?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    Free parking on BU campus after 6. Take Storrow Drive to Fenway exit. Take right off exit and first right at light and there will be meter parking. Don't have to feed meters after 6.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    dlymnfld said:

Free parking on BU campus after 6. Take Storrow Drive to Fenway exit. Take right off exit and first right at light and there will be meter parking. Don't have to feed meters after 6.

Meters in the city all run till 8:00 nowadays.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

I'm coming form outside Boston. I think driving would be a bitch and parking would be expensive. I'm wondering if I should drive to just outside and then take an Uber in. Or should I try to drive to a T stop and take the T in. I rarely go to Boston or Fenway. What would be the easiest????
    Thanks

I'm coming from RI, too. Take the exit off of 95\128 north for the Riverside T-stop. Instead of taking a right off the exit to go to the T station, take a left, then your first right after you go back over the highway. There is a little neighborhood there where you can park (just don't block driveways). Then it's about a 5 minute walk to the Riverside T. From there, a 20 minute ride to the Fenway T stop.
    That looks like a good plan. Thanks.
    My pleasure. The only other possible way, if you like to gamble, is if you're heading up early in the day is to park on the Riverway. Believe it or not, during the summer I typically find spots if I'm there before 3.
    I probably won't be going up that early. Are you gonna be driving to the Riverside stop and taking the T from there?
    I'm actually staying at a friend's apartment near BC for the evening.
    9\28\04 - Boston 5\25\06 - Boston 6\28\08 - Mansfield 8\27\09 - Chicago 5\15\10 - Hartford EV - In Providence on the night the Bruins won the Cup! 7\19\13 - Chicago 10\25\13 - Hartford 4\28\16 - Philly 4\29\16 - Philly 8\5\16 - Fenway 8\7\16 - Fenway
  • Options
    jxchamb1jxchamb1 Posts: 82
    Want a good laugh? I asked this same question to Reddit and the results were not what I expected
    Wife and I are probably going to end doing Uber rather than dealing with the Bus.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/boston/comments/4w15ti/need_help_getting_tofrom_fenway_park_from_hotel/
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    jxchamb1 said:

Want a good laugh? I asked this same question to Reddit and the results were not what I expected
    Wife and I are probably going to end doing Uber rather than dealing with the Bus.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/boston/comments/4w15ti/need_help_getting_tofrom_fenway_park_from_hotel/

Some of those were good. Enjoy Portugal
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    lue2281lue2281 Posts: 39
    Just a heads up for people wanting to take redline from Braintree on Sunday. Not sure if this was said in another thread...

Red Line: Upcoming

This Weekend: Buses replacing Red Line service between Braintree and Quincy Center stations on August 6-7 from start to end of service.
    Due to necessary track and signal work, buses will replace Red Line trains between Braintree and Quincy Center stations in both directions from start to end of service on Saturday, August 6, 2016, and Sunday, August 7, 2016.

Regular Red Line train service will resume at the start of service on Monday, August 8, 2016. All shuttle bus stops are accessible for persons with disabilities.

Shuttling the following stops:
    Quincy Center
    Quincy Adams
    Braintree

Last Updated: 7/14/2016 1:02:05 PM

Does't mean you can't take it, just takes a bit longer and you might think it is a hassle.
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    Pro-tip if you're parking downtown - cheapest spot is below Post Office Square.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    AlaG said:

Pro-tip if you're parking downtown - cheapest spot is below Post Office Square.

Which is nowhere near Fenway though, a pretty long walk, best to take the T from there.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited August 2016
    i found a spot at this place: 100 Clarendon Garage, 100 Clarendon Street, Boston, MA
    any help quickly getting other than the 30min walk to fenway and back is appreciated.
    website says the fram/worc line is hour 2 hours, does this change with events??
    Post edited by JC29856 on