Options

Mother Love Bone: Complete Works in shop

2»

Comments

• Options
    SK203708SK203708 Posts: 48
    First the TOTD prices, now this. It's getting ridiculous. 100 Dollars for 3 records and a bunch of paper I'll look at once... Easy pass. Throw in the movie, a 4th LP with bsides/outtakes and a dl-code for the rest - and even then I find 100 bucks on the very steep side.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    What's crazy to me here is the CD set, this comes with WAY more unreleased goodies than the TOTD set yet it costs almost half as much. It almost makes me feel stupid if I buy the TOTD set.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,158
    It seems the MLB MOV vinyl has most (all?) of the LP and EP on it, so I'm not sure $99 bux is worth a repurchase. Same with the ToTD vinyl. I already have the Original Pressing and the purple MOV version. They both sound pretty good. No new extras on either set. I also find the the ToTD cd set to be really expensive. A deluxe reissue cd (cd with bonus tracks) would usually go for $30? A bluray/dvd for $20? How is $50 worth of stuff going for $99? I hope it goes retail so I can get it at discount at some point....

So much stuff coming out, I'm starting to think harder about what I buy.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846
    Zod said:

It seems the MLB MOV vinyl has most (all?) of the LP and EP on it, so I'm not sure $99 bux is worth a repurchase. Same with the ToTD vinyl. I already have the Original Pressing and the purple MOV version. They both sound pretty good. No new extras on either set. I also find the the ToTD cd set to be really expensive. A deluxe reissue cd (cd with bonus tracks) would usually go for $30? A bluray/dvd for $20? How is $50 worth of stuff going for $99? I hope it goes retail so I can get it at discount at some point....

So much stuff coming out, I'm starting to think harder about what I buy.

The last few months have been insane (to my ears and my wallet!)
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    There is a lot of crazy pricing going on regarding vinyl these days.
    In the past few days Ive seen
    Bruce Springsteen - Chapter and Verse 2LP $35 although in the UK its about a third cheaper.
    Beck & Elliott Smith 1LP reissues $35 each.
    Killers - Sams Town 2LP reissue $45.

I really hope this is not a sign of things to come.
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Got the CD set. Looking forward to this release. I doubt this will be in stores.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    FR181798 said:

Bruce Springsteen - Chapter and Verse 2LP $35 although in the UK its about a third cheaper.

Its funny, because Ive noticed the price of vinyl coming down for alot of releases. I follow Bullmoose on twitter and lots of pre orders have been in the $18-$25 range (Including a version of that Beck reissue you mention).

• Options
    epieepie Posts: 290
    edited August 2016
    SK203708 said:

First the TOTD prices, now this. It's getting ridiculous. 100 Dollars for 3 records and a bunch of paper I'll look at once... Easy pass. Throw in the movie, a 4th LP with bsides/outtakes and a dl-code for the rest - and even then I find 100 bucks on the very steep side.

I agree. The cover pulled me in but the price tag making it difficult to pull the trigger. I guess they are justifying the price with the chance to get the holiday card.
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,158
    So I pulled my Mother Love Bone LP off the shelf and it has 3 more tracks than the $99 reissue? lol. I think they're still easily found under $40. Can't really pulled the trigger on this one.. I suppose it divides the tracks by the proper releases, but the MOV set is apple followed by the ep plus bonus tracks (plus apple seems to have an extra song too). Wierd...
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    Another package that should include the vinyl. This would make the price tag extremely justifiable.
  • Options

FR181798 said:

Its funny, because Ive noticed the price of vinyl coming down for alot of releases. I follow Bullmoose on twitter and lots of pre orders have been in the $18-$25 range (Including a version of that Beck reissue you mention).

I know, a lot of it makes no sense. I just have to look at my Amazon orders for the past year and I got some stuff at great prices. For example: Stones Vault - Leeds 3lp + DVD = £16.70 around $22.

As much as I like to shop at my 1 local store, they can sometimes be about 1/4 price more expensive. I guess you just have to shop around to find the best price you can. I used to rush in and buy straight away direct from artists but they tend to be amongst the most expensive and slowest for shipping. That Foo Fighters EP for example was much cheaper in stores.

• Options
    Zod said:

So I pulled my Mother Love Bone LP off the shelf and it has 3 more tracks than the $99 reissue? lol. I think they're still easily found under $40. Can't really pulled the trigger on this one.. I suppose it divides the tracks by the proper releases, but the MOV set is apple followed by the ep plus bonus tracks (plus apple seems to have an extra song too). Wierd...

You can get the MOV LP for under £20 ($26) easily here in the UK.
  • Options
    jhuludjhulud S. FloriDUH! Posts: 314
    That's a bit pricey. I agree with what's been said so far...if it came with the DVD and a CD/download with all the extra tracks and whatnot, then it'd be worth the $99 price tag. I already have the MOV release so will stick with that one.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,603
    Drdeal said:

Got the CD set. Looking forward to this release. I doubt this will be in stores.

I haven't seen this or the TOTD stuff anywhere yet. Buy it now, or complain later! I don't know what I should even buy though.
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    The vinyl for $99 should at least come with a DL of bonus material. I mean come on.

That being said can't wait to listen to Red Hot Shaft
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Saving my expendable ducketts for Chicago!!!!
  • Options
    alexross42alexross42 Posts: 364
    Finally some decent/cleaned versions of unreleased songs, some of which are as good if not better than the officially released stuff - Showdown and Savwahfair Slide in particular have some awesome guitar tones & riffs!
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Pulled the trigger on the cd set. Love the fact that the first disc is all the albums together. The bonus discs and dvd forced my hand. This is how the totd set should have been priced however.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    I bet this won't be available everywhere after the pre-orders ship. Glad i have one coming.
  • Options

Pulled the trigger on the cd set. Love the fact that the first disc is all the albums together. The bonus discs and dvd forced my hand. This is how the totd set should have been priced however.

Exactly, I'm really confused why people aren't more excited for this CD set. Everyone is so busy bitching about the vinyl that they're totally missing out on some awesome unreleased material.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    edited August 2016
    RiotZact said:

Exactly, I'm really confused why people aren't more excited for this CD set. Everyone is so busy bitching about the vinyl that they're totally missing out on some awesome unreleased material.
    They put the presale up for the Mother Love Bone Reissue the week leading to the big Fenway shows. Temple of the Dog Reissues aren't even talked about either. Once the Fenway & Wrigley Pearl Jam shows are over this month, these 2 releases by Mother Love Bone & Temple of the Dog will be talked about & pretty excited for.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    RiotZact said:

Agreed, I ordered the cd set with no hesitation. Really wanted the vinyl as well but felt i didn't really need owning a copy of the mov re-issue.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    RiotZact said:

I'm excited & I'll be ordering the CD set. Can't wait to hear these songs remastered.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

RiotZact said:

I'm excited & I'll be ordering the CD set. Can't wait to hear these songs remastered.
    For sure, I've actually stayed away from most of them because most of the versions I've came across sound so bad and I wouldn't want that to impair my judgement.
    demetrios said:

RiotZact said:

They put the presale up for the Mother Love Bone Reissue the week leading to the big Fenway shows. Temple of the Dog Reissues aren't even talked about either. Once the Fenway & Wrigley Pearl Jam shows are over this month, these 2 releases by Mother Love Bone & Temple of the Dog will be talked about & pretty excited for.
    Good point. In fact the opposite is probably happening for me, I'm trying to get super excited for this release to mask the fact that I can't make it to any of the ballpark shows.
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    CCMusic.com
    LP Set - $74.68
    CD Set - $49.78
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846
    What a beauty!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31