Instead of celebrating TOTD's reunion, WE...

crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
First, here in the forums. Then, I made the mistake of hopping on Temple of the Dog's FB page and mannn... Instead of celebrating the fact that history happened during our lifetime, a lot of people have somehow turned something this great into something very negative. To the extent that grown-ass men are saying "I hate you, Temple of the Dog!" like a 13-year-old girl stomping and screaming "I hate you!" after being grounded. I guess I understand the frustration, but at the same time, as fans, why can't we just be happy for the band? Our favorite artists doing what they love, and doing it together once again. That alone is pretty fucking awesome if you ask me.

I am a new 10C member and I will never forget, before I joined, how shitty it was to miss damn near every PJ show because I was either deployed, or can't afford the secondary market -a non-member's only option. It seems like a lot of people forget how good we have it with this band, this system, how lucky we are to even have one and have a community like this that look-out for each other. You can't get that kind of fanhood anywhere other here. If you happen to do the math, there's not enough tickets to go around to begin with. Scalpers or not, not everybody can go. If you struck out on the pre-sale, try the lottery, then public sale, try the forum. Still no? Go to secondary market. Can't afford it/refuse to support it? Go to the venue the day of and wait for scalper prices to drop closer to face or see if a good PJ samarifan happen to have an extra (happened to me this past MSG 2. I drove two hours with no ticket secured and a fan at the venue found me one). Can't do that? Then don't go. Life will go on, trust me, so stop.

Comments

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Who cares about those people.. read and let it go.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

First, here in the forums. Then, I made the mistake of hopping on Temple of the Dog's FB page and mannn... Instead of celebrating the fact that history happened during our lifetime, a lot of people have somehow turned something this great into something very negative. To the extent that grown-ass men are saying "I hate you, Temple of the Dog!" like a 13-year-old girl stomping and screaming "I hate you!" after being grounded. I guess I understand the frustration, but at the same time, as fans, why can't we just be happy for the band? Our favorite artists doing what they love, and doing it together once again. That alone is pretty fucking awesome if you ask me.

I am a new 10C member and I will never forget, before I joined, how shitty it was to miss damn near every PJ show because I was either deployed, or can't afford the secondary market -a non-member's only option. It seems like a lot of people forget how good we have it with this band, this system, how lucky we are to even have one and have a community like this that look-out for each other. You can't get that kind of fanhood anywhere other here. If you happen to do the math, there's not enough tickets to go around to begin with. Scalpers or not, not everybody can go. If you struck out on the pre-sale, try the lottery, then public sale, try the forum. Still no? Go to secondary market. Can't afford it/refuse to support it? Go to the venue the day of and wait for scalper prices to drop closer to face or see if a good PJ samarifan happen to have an extra (happened to me this past MSG 2. I drove two hours with no ticket secured and a fan at the venue found me one). Can't do that? Then don't go. Life will go on, trust me, so stop.

Hell yeah, on those bolded parts.

Cheers, and welcome aboard!
  • danalmunrodanalmunro Kitchener, Ontario Posts: 39
    My sentiments exactly! I am also a new 10C member and I got tickets to MSG for TOTD, I couldn't care less where my seats are, I am just thrilled that I don't have to deal with ticketmaster or scalpers. I will be ecstatic to be in the building!