Options

New MTV Classic Channel- August 1st

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/28/new-mtv-classic-channel-to-air-beavis-and-butt-head-daria-and-more

MTV is reviving its portfolio of classic shows, from animated series like Beavis and Butt-head to mini-concert series like Unplugged, with the newly rebranded MTV Classic channel.

Taking over what is currently VH1 Classic, MTV Classic will launch on August 1, marking the original network's 35th anniversary, kicking off with MTV Hour One, which was the original MTV's first hour of broadcast from 1981.

The network will then feature MTV programming from the '90s and '00s, in addition to other concerts, movies, and, of course, music videos.

Mondays through Thursdays on the network will feature a block of old MTV shows from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m., with Daria, Beavis & Butt-Head, Aeon Flux, Run’s House, Pimp My Ride, Cribs, Jackass, Punk’d, Wonder Showzen, and Clone High among the many shows to be featured in the rotation.
And so you see, I have come to doubt
All that I once held as true
I stand alone without beliefs
The only truth I know is you.

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    I would love to see flashback episodes of MTV Top 20 Countdown on weekends like how Casey Kasem flashbacks are on radio every weekend. I used to watch every week from 1990 to the end. Adam Curry was the best of the hosts. PJ even went to number 1 with Jeremy. Alive and Even Flow went to 17 and 6 respectively.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Bring back Headbangers Ball
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    They're supposed to play the first hour that was broadcast on MTV. Watch for video #4, The Who doing You Better You Bet. :grin:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,191
    I wouldn't mind seeing those old clip of Martha Quinn. definitely had a crush on her.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

I wouldn't mind seeing those old clip of Martha Quinn. definitely had a crush on her.

She still looks good for her age.
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    I'm looking forward to the early 90's awards shows, especially 1992, probably the best year.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Martha Quinn...def would.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    marcos said:

I'm looking forward to the early 90's awards shows, especially 1992, probably the best year.

Yeah, Garth Algar drumming for U2 via satellite in their Zoo TV tour was something else.

"You're better than the real thing, Garth!"