Options

Seahawks game plus TOTD 11/20...Anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    edited July 2016
    Doing the TOTD, Jim Jefferies weekend in SF. Anyone who hasn't seen his specials on Netflix needs to get on that STAT.

Not the Hawks, was going to look into a Raiders game, but they are on a bye week. Ready for a fucking fantastic weekend in San Fran none the less!
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    edited July 2016
    Zod said:

demetrios said:

Zod said:

yah it looks like the cheapest remaining tickets are in the ends or corners. Still around 200 USD a pop. I'm going to figure this out though.... I'm already spending all the gas/ferry/food money on going to ToTD so the marginal cost of seeing seahawks game is only the ticket price and maybe a beer or two.

Will keep checking every few day's for cheap seats. Blows my mind the CDN dollar is still around the .76 - .77 cents for a while now. :/
    Imagine how bad it might get if the real estate bubble pop's :(
    One the plus side the CD$ vs the US$, the looming election of Trump may do what Brexit did to the Pound. I guess as President Obama said, "Don't boo, Vote."
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,163
    kerbjack said:

One the plus side the CD$ vs the US$, the looming election of Trump may do what Brexit did to the Pound. I guess as President Obama said, "Don't boo, Vote."

It would probably be temporary. One of the biggest things the US has going for it is the size of it's population. 310 million plus. The biggest population (by far) of any 1st world country. It creates a unique circumstance where the population is so huge, it generates alot of internal economic activity... it's a hard ship to sink.

That and a US president doesn't have a lot of control on domestic policy. They can voice their ideas, and try to persuade congress, but when push comes to shove their power comes from approving or veto'ing bills. There's a bunch of bureaucratic stuff that they can do through executive orders but I don't think it's anywhere near as powerfull as congress.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I just got my Seahawks tickets. I will be in Sec 320 Row K! November 20 cannot get here soon enough! Gonna be an epic day!
  • Options
    aNiMaL said:

I just got my Seahawks tickets. I will be in Sec 320 Row K! November 20 cannot get here soon enough! Gonna be an epic day!

EPIC!!!
    EPIC I SAY!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,844
    edited August 2016
    D'oh! I'm gonna pass on CenturyLink Field tickets for Sunday. :(
    The pub will do for now.

Still ISO a ticket for TOTD Night 2. That's my #1 ISO right now.
  • Options

aNiMaL said:

EPIC!!!
    EPIC I SAY!!!!
    Hey old friend!!
  • Options
    aNiMaL said:

aNiMaL said:

EPIC!!!
    EPIC I SAY!!!!
    Hey old friend!!
    How ya been?
    Life treating you good?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

aNiMaL said:

aNiMaL said:

EPIC!!!
    EPIC I SAY!!!!
    Hey old friend!!
    How ya been?
    Life treating you good?
    Doing great! Living life! Hope all is well with you too!
  • Options
    zevilonezevilone Posts: 339
    would love to do that, might be priced out of it, going to fly to seattle that thursday to hang if peeps are around
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    mwplum said:

If anyone (unlikely) won the 10c lottery and ends up scoring TM seats today, I have a good friend who is a season ticket holder and desperately wants to go to ToTD, he asked me to post that he'd gladly trade his seats to the game for tickets to the show.

pm sent. maybe we can work something out.
  • Options
    Anyone got an extra ticket to the football game? Still ISO a ticket. A ticket that's under the $100 US range.
    *ducks for cover ..
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    demetrios said:

Anyone got an extra ticket to the football game? Still ISO a ticket. A ticket that's under the $100 US range.
    *ducks for cover ..

The way the Eagles are playing you might have to pay $100 to watch the game in a bar in Seattle !
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    It's crazy. We bought our tickets about a month ago. The prices for anything between the 0 and 100 yard lines in the upperdeck was $250USD(ish) plus almost $50 in TM's service fee's (almost $300USD/ticket). I ended up buying a pair in section 309 for $530 USD. $265 each. Bought 'em from fleabay which was cheaper than stubhub, as they didn't tack on s/c after the total.

Crazy expensive. The part that sucks is they are seasons tickets so you can see how much you pay if you buy seasons tickets. FV was $108 USD. But if you bought single game tickets through TM they were around $250. No wonder scalpers buy up season tickets and simple resell them. They can outprice TM...

The only other ones I could find were just under $200 USD but those were the ones in the corners or the ends, which would be ok if you don't struggling to see the other side of the field.

I'm still glad I did it. I've been saying for years I want to see a Seahawks game and felt cursed every time there was a November/December concert in seattle and it was always on an away week.
  • Options
    HH140540HH140540 Atlanta Posts: 500
    demetrios said:

The pub will do for now.

Fado?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    HH140540 said:

demetrios said:

The pub will do for now.

Fado?
    Fadó Irish Pub? I might do that.

I'm all set with TOTD Night 2 in Seattle. All good. :)

Still interested in attending the Seattle Seahawks game but not if it's gonna cost me alot of mula.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    So stoked for this day!!
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    aNiMaL said:

So stoked for this day!!

Today?
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Me too. Temple of the Dog was never on my bucket list because I didn't think they'd ever tour. Seeing an NFL game has been for a while, but I wouldn't never travel just to see a sports game, so I'm pretty stoked out of all the concerts I've been too in Seattle one finally lined up with a football game. I've seen more Mariners games than I can count but with their only being 7(?) home games/year, odds have always been against me.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    zevilonezevilone Posts: 339
    thinking about it, just hope they dont flex that game to the night
  • Options
    zevilone said:

they can do that? that would suck.
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    Yep, only for afternoon games, so let's hope Raiders and Texans keep on winning. The only more compelling game that could get flexed in would be Phil/Sea or maybe GB/Wash (games eligible to take over the Raiders/Texans would be Mia/La, NE/SF, Phil/SEA, and GB/Wash)...so lets hope for the best! I'm really looking forward to this double day too, and though it hasn't been brought up yet, I'm also really excited about hitting the ASU v. UW game on the Saturday too! It's been since the 90's since the Huskies have had a legit shot at top 5, and with their current ranking of #4, things could get really interesting for the ol' dawgs.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    I'm hoping to hit all 3, but in the worst case scenario, maybe some of you could hit the UW game instead. I know it's not the same, but perhaps a consolation?
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
  • Options
    Back in the olden days I did a NY Giants game followed by a Grateful Dead show at the Meadowlands. Just a walk over the pedestrian bridge from one lot to the other, it was hysterical, get into the tunnel with a bunch of football fans walk out into a GD lot. Lots of fun but a longggg day.
  • Options
    It was an NFL game I've always wanted to see.. I'll be extremely bummed if it get's bumped to a later start time :( How much notice do they give? The tickets were quite expensive so that would also give me very little time to try and sell them if the start time gets bumped :(
  • Options
    Zod said:

zevilone said:

they can do that? that would suck.
    I've been thinking about that too. It would totally suck if they bumped the 1pm game to the evening. I'm still looking for a ticket but nothing over 150 US. I might just hang outside and see if I get lucky to get in, only if it's @ 1pm.
  • Options
    They claim to do it as "early as possible" but at least 12 days prior. It looks like I may have misinterpreted it the first time I read it, as any "sunday afternoon" game can be moved into the night slot. I'm on the west coast, so I think of "afternoon" games as being those that start at 1pm PST (not 1pm EST), so it looks like they could move any of the Sunday games. I've posted the rules below, but as of right now, the Packers/Redskins game seems quite intriguing as you have the 4-2 Packers vs. the 4-3 Redskins. Both have massive fan bases, and I can't imagine the NFL taking away that game from them (hopefully):

Flexible Scheduling

Allows teams to play their way onto the Sunday night schedule

In 2006 the NFL implemented a primetime "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 10-15 and in Week 17. In 2014 that was extended so that games between Weeks 5 and 17 could be affected by flex scheduling. However, only two games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Week 5 and 10.

Flexible scheduling ensured quality matchups on Sunday night in those weeks and gave surprise teams a chance to play their way onto primetime. The NBC Sunday night time slot for "flex" weeks lists the game tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.

Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game will be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights.

Just as the six major college football conferences have done for many years, the NFL has the flexibility to move the start times of games on Sundays, using a 12-day notice format.

For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior. Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET.

In Week 17, in order to ensure a Sunday night game with playoff implications, the decision to move the start time may be made on six days notice.

NFL Flexible Scheduling 101

Begins Sunday of Week 5
    In effect during Weeks 5-17
    Up to 2 games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Weeks 5-10
    Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
    The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
    The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
    No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
    The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:25 p.m. ET.
    Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
    The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
    Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.
    NFL schedules all games.
    Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
  • Options
    zevilone said:

Oh that would seriously suck for us! I'd have to pass on the Seahawks game if they did that. Here is to hoping for no Seahawks flex on 11/20!!
  • Options
    Less than a week people!!! Woohoo!!!
  • Options
    Yah it's still listed as 1pmish so I'm guessing it didn't get flexed.. woooo! :)