Options

Becks Odelay/Sea Change/Guero Reissue up at SRC Vinyl

Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
edited September 2016 in Other Music
October 28th release as of now for all three. Standard editions.

https://www.srcvinyl.com/beck-odelay-lp.html
And so you see, I have come to doubt
All that I once held as true
I stand alone without beliefs
The only truth I know is you.
Post edited by Dr. Delight on

Comments

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    This will make a lot of people happy! :)
    I have the Bong Load press...Bong Load lol
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I have the original press too, had 2 copies but sold it long ago. Great record. If they did some limited splattered version or something then I might be tempted but great for those wanting it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    Such great news!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    very cool, want it
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,937
    Bong Load is back and is repressing this as well as Mellow Gold. Both on colored vinyl.

For those who don't know Bong Load originally did MG, Odelay, Mutations and Midnight Vultures on vinyl in the 90s. All OOP and really well pressed. Hopefully these reissues follow suit.

• Options
    I have every Beck and Elliott Smith record they did on Bong Load and top quality however prices are totally messed up for these new pressings to the UK. £35 GBP for each LP plus £15 postage. Not dollars - pounds.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    FR181798 said:

I have every Beck and Elliott Smith record they did on Bong Load and top quality however prices are totally messed up for these new pressings to the UK. £35 GBP for each LP plus £15 postage. Not dollars - pounds.

That's insane. The SRCvinyl Odelay reissue is posted for only $24.99 CAD ($19.99 USD). Where are you seeing it for 35 pounds? I suggest you don't buy from them. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Im actually quite surprised they can repress these records, I thought the rights of something might have expired after all this time. I wonder if they will do Daisies of the Galaxy as well even though it has been repressed recently.

I am really tempted to buy the Beck and Elliott Smith stuff even though I have multiple copies, common sense is telling me no. I wonder if these colored pressings will be available elsewhere.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

FR181798 said:

That's insane. The SRCvinyl Odelay reissue is posted for only $24.99 CAD ($19.99 USD). Where are you seeing it for 35 pounds? I suggest you don't buy from them. ;)
    Direct from Bong Load it is £35 (UK) or $35 (US) plus postage. BL was once a great indie label with indie prices comparible with Sub Pop prices for example.
  • Options
    Soul, here's the Sams Town reissue, but ouch at a $45 price tag.

Bong Load’s second phase begins with a rollout of seven titles, most available for order or pre-order right now. They are:

• Reissues of two Beck classics, 1994’s Mellow Gold and 1996’s Odelay, each limited to 2,016 colored, 180-gram vinyl pieces. Available now ($35 apiece).

• Reissues of Elliott Smith’s final two (non-posthumous) LPs: 1998’s XO and 2000’s Figure 8, each limited to 2,016 colored, 180-gram vinyl pieces. Available now ($35 apiece).

• A reissue of Masters of Reality’s lauded 2001 album, Deep in the Hole, a slab from the SoCal desert-rock scene that also spawned Kyuss and Queens of the Stone Age, limited to 1,016 colored, 180-gram vinyl pieces and available on vinyl for the first time in the U.S. (Dutch pressings run from $60-$110 on Discogs.com). Available for limited pre-order on August 26 (price TBD).

• The Killers’ second album, 2006’s Sam’s Town, pressed on LP for the first time in 10 years and limited to 5,016 180-gram vinyl pieces (featuring two bonus tracks). Available for limited pre-order now ($45).
  • Options
    I'm guessing then that the SRC preorder will not be for the colored edition vinyl then.
  • Options
    Independent or not, the pricing of these are disgraceful. Elliott Smith and Beck reissues are $34.99 and available at Grimeys already. Here in the UK, Rough Trade has them to order at £39.99 each.

Just can't justify spending this. New Pixies LP and RHCP etc are available on Pink vinyl from Amazon and Bull moose with proceeds to Gilda's Club NY, much better use of the money.
  • Options
    Damn, both Beck lp's are already sold out.
  • Options
    Says they will be restocking the store tomorrow. They will also be stocked in some indie store also.
  • Options

Soul, here's the Sams Town reissue, but ouch at a $45 price tag.

Bong Load’s second phase begins with a rollout of seven titles, most available for order or pre-order right now. They are:

• Reissues of two Beck classics, 1994’s Mellow Gold and 1996’s Odelay, each limited to 2,016 colored, 180-gram vinyl pieces. Available now ($35 apiece).

• Reissues of Elliott Smith’s final two (non-posthumous) LPs: 1998’s XO and 2000’s Figure 8, each limited to 2,016 colored, 180-gram vinyl pieces. Available now ($35 apiece).

• A reissue of Masters of Reality’s lauded 2001 album, Deep in the Hole, a slab from the SoCal desert-rock scene that also spawned Kyuss and Queens of the Stone Age, limited to 1,016 colored, 180-gram vinyl pieces and available on vinyl for the first time in the U.S. (Dutch pressings run from $60-$110 on Discogs.com). Available for limited pre-order on August 26 (price TBD).

• The Killers’ second album, 2006’s Sam’s Town, pressed on LP for the first time in 10 years and limited to 5,016 180-gram vinyl pieces (featuring two bonus tracks). Available for limited pre-order now ($45).

Oh wow, that is pricey...... might go down if it's released on Amazon though..... but since they're limited to 5016, maybe not. Hm. Geez, I have a pretty long list of new albums that I still need and it just keeps growing!
  • Options
    Don't think these will be at Amazon, 30 hand picked independent retailers in the USA. Zia and Grimeys have them. I would bet that Newbury comics get a special edition of both Elliott Smith releases though as they say they have one coming in every email I get.
  • Options
    Im guessing the SRC release is thru Geffen and these Bong Load ones are separate.
    I'm debating on that Sams Town reissue- 45 rpm cut.
  • Options
    Yes, it will be interesting to see how the Geffen press compares to the BL press. BL talked about picking up a problem on a test pressing on one of the repressing (maybe not a Beck one) and traced it back to the master and fixed it there. Who knows what source the Geffen one will come from.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Just ordered Odelay for less than $38 CAD including express shipping from srcvinyl Canada. Not bad. Hope it's made right.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Just ordered Odelay for less than $38 CAD including express shipping from srcvinyl Canada. Not bad. Hope it's made right.

:joy:
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,937
    I own the Elliott Smith LPs and Odelay, but I decided to buy all 4 of them all anyway. Figure 8 sounds like crap (Plain pressing) and I don't own Mellow Gold. So I'm really only re buying two album.
  • Options
    XO sounds good on Bong Load. I have Figure 8 on Bong Load but I never opened it. I have both of these on colored vinyl ltd to 500 on Plain as well but these are not great pressings. Might buy Mellow Gold just because it's 180g and don't think my 1st pressing original is but I'll have to look. There is also a chance that it might feature the different version of Pay No Mind.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

Don't think these will be at Amazon, 30 hand picked independent retailers in the USA. Zia and Grimeys have them. I would bet that Newbury comics get a special edition of both Elliott Smith releases though as they say they have one coming in every email I get.

Looks like they are getting the Beck and Smith releases. Scroll down under new vinyl releases.
    Are these just in store or online too?

http://view.email.newburycomics.com/?j=fe5f167076660d7e7313&m=fef917707d6201&ls=fe2a15757c620074741472&l=ff271d757c65&s=fe6616757164017c7712&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe3016757d670079711570

• Options
    edited July 2016
    FR181798 said:

The pre-order is already up on Amazon.ca with a Sept 9th release ..... I guess it could be one of those Amazon pre-orders where they tell you that they aren't getting it 3 months after the release, but I doubt it. That usually only happens with limited edition stuff, and they don't normally post the release date in those cases either. Expensive though. $52 CAD.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options

FR181798 said:

Looks like they are getting the Beck and Smith releases. Scroll down under new vinyl releases.

http://view.email.newburycomics.com/?j=fe5f167076660d7e7313&m=fef917707d6201&ls=fe2a15757c620074741472&l=ff271d757c65&s=fe6616757164017c7712&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe3016757d670079711570

There is a big list of indie stores that will stock them through the Bong Load Twitter page and yes Newbury are on it. I was meaning that there is some sort of other Elliott Smith exclusive coming through Newbury Comics, maybe just a variation on these, they've been teasing it in their emails.

As for the Odelay on Amazon.ca it will be the Geffen/ Interscope pressing that is going to be widely available with unknown source. It's an EU Import hence the cost.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    FR181798 said:

FR181798 said:

There is a big list of indie stores that will stock them through the Bong Load Twitter page and yes Newbury are on it. I was meaning that there is some sort of other Elliott Smith exclusive coming through Newbury Comics, maybe just a variation on these, they've been teasing it in their emails.

As for the Odelay on Amazon.ca it will be the Geffen/ Interscope pressing that is going to be widely available with unknown source. It's an EU Import hence the cost.
    Well shit. Why did I just order through SRC then?? That is the Geffen. Should I cancel it? Is there a reason you think it won't sound good? I mean, it's not an unofficial release, right? Why would the source be unknown? (sorry if it was already mentioned - I didn't see it).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    It's frustrating isnt it? Not knowing which versions are gonna be what or if there are different releases to come that are better..... :lol:
  • Options
    And yes, I saw all the "Sold Out" markers on that Bong Load site now, caved in and purchased the Sams Town set. :unamused::lucky:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

FR181798 said:

FR181798 said:

Well shit. Why did I just order through SRC then?? That is the Geffen. Should I cancel it? Is there a reason you think it won't sound good? I mean, it's not an unofficial release, right? Why would the source be unknown? (sorry if it was already mentioned - I didn't see it).

http://lasvegasweekly.com/ae/music/2016/jul/29

There's a bit where it says "That plan calls for the label’s records to be sold in fewer than 30 handpicked independent brick-and-mortar shops across the U.S. (overseas sales will be handled separately), and online through Bongloadrecords.com. "
    This means no Amazon etc. to me but that's not to say the other Odelay will not be good as it is still official. Will the BL version worth the extra $20?