Stranger Things (Netflix TV show)

eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
Anyone else watch this? I remember hearing about it a month ago and saw the previews which looked good. Two episodes in and liking it a lot. If you dig the 80's sci-fi and horror stuff you will def. like this. Here's the trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWxyRG_tckY
bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
8/28/98- Camden, NJ
10/31/09- Philly
5/21/10- NYC
9/2/12- Philly, PA
7/19/13- Wrigley
10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
10/21/13- Philly, PA
10/22/13- Philly, PA
10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Watched the first 2 episodes last night. I enjoy it so far and am looking forward to catching the rest here soon
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Watched it last weekend, thought it was great.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I'm in the middle of Penny Dreadful but this is next on the agenda.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    ok i binged and watched the whole thing today. I thought it was pretty great. Brought back lots of memories of 80's movies and stuff like Goonies, E.T., Monster Squad, Stand By me and more recent ones that took place in the 80's like Freaks and Geeks and to an extent "It". Hope there's a second season.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I've been watching it but I keep watching the same episodes over and over because I can't seem to pay full attention to it.
    Just watched #3

I really need to rip thru remaining 5 episodes, but no time this weekend :anguished:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I binge watched it as well and really dug it a lot. Didn't mean to binge watch but after a few episodes you really get into seeing how it will all play out. I thought Winona Ryder was excellent in it.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

I like the toothless kid.

Agree. Funny little fucker
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited July 2016

I binge watched it as well and really dug it a lot. Didn't mean to binge watch but after a few episodes you really get into seeing how it will all play out. I thought Winona Ryder was excellent in it.

I hope she gets recognized favorably for this--like an award. I always thought she got such a bad rap as an actress. She's one of my favorites--Heathers, Reality Bites, Edward Scissorhands, Girl Interrupted, Mermaids, Little Women, etc. I've only watched the first episode of this show, Stranger Things, so far. I'm already busy with another t.v. show right now. But its definitely one I'm coming back to. Good luck to em'.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Finished the season last night (that was quick. I watched 4 chapters one night, and 4 more the next after getting home from a concert and didn't go to sleep until 4am, lol). That was probably the most bingeable show I have ever seen. I just couldn't turn it off! Sooooooo..... are we allowed to have massive spoilers in this thread?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    was really good..and great acting!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    I finally finished the series. I don't know, mixed feelings. It had potential, and certain parts of the story were written well, but I really didn't think it was all that great as a whole.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    edited July 2016

I finally finished the series. I don't know, mixed feelings. It had potential, and certain parts of the story were written well, but I really didn't think it was all that great as a whole.

I understand why you say that... but at the same time, I dunno. There was just something about it that made it super appealing and hard to turn off.
    So just asking again...... is this a spoilers thread?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    There isn't the "warning spoilers" in the title. I'd say no, for now.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    NO spoilers!!!!! Havent watched it yet!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

NO spoilers!!!!! Havent watched it yet!

You're going to love the part where...
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

PJ_Soul said:

I understand why you say that... but at the same time, I dunno. There was just something about it that made it super appealing and hard to turn off.
    I think the retro 80's feel is really appealing to most people. The logo & main theme, the soundtrack, all the time-relative clothing, vehicles, decor, etc. It reminds us of watching shows like that when we were kids. It's a period piece, but with a modern touch so it isn't super cheesy. But I think they banked on that stuff carrying the show a little bit too much.

PJ_Soul said:

I think the retro 80's feel is really appealing to most people. The logo & main theme, the soundtrack, all the time-relative clothing, vehicles, decor, etc. It reminds us of watching shows like that when we were kids. It's a period piece, but with a modern touch so it isn't super cheesy. But I think they banked on that stuff carrying the show a little bit too much.
    Yeah you're right, that does have an appeal for sure. I very much enjoyed that part. But do you really think they banked on that too much? Considering the ratings and the immediate and intense popularity of this show, I don't think they banked on it too much at all. They obviously hit the sweet spot.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833
    I think the reason why this has been such a success as opposed to other nostalgia themed films/shows is because it is done so well, this really could have come out in the 80's it is damn near perfect in recreating the culture and feel of that era. The acting is top notch too - the kids especially, the girl who plays Eleven damn near broke my heart, and the kid who plays Dustin is just brilliant. I've always got time for Winona Ryder too, she always goes all in.

I watched it before I read all the hype, and I can honestly say it's the best thing I've seen in quite a while.
    edited July 2016
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Poor Barb!
    So it seems like this show is NOT going to be an anthology as I think a lot of us were assuming after we watched this season. Supposedly the same characters are coming back next season.
    Thank the maker!
    There's no doubt this would have worked equally well as a stand alone series, and I'm sure the writers could have come up with something different and cool for a second season, but I just love these characters, so seeing more of this story is fine by me.

Thank the maker!
    There's no doubt this would have worked equally well as a stand alone series, and I'm sure the writers could have come up with something different and cool for a second season, but I just love these characters, so seeing more of this story is fine by me.

Yeah, it's fine by me too, but .... I want to say more about this but it will be getting too close to a spoiler for this thread.
    Who decides the rules of these things?! Why would anyone be coming to this thread if they hadn't watched it, bloody pointless!

Who decides the rules of these things?! Why would anyone be coming to this thread if they hadn't watched it, bloody pointless!

Well the OP makes the rules. If it's allowed spoilers it needs to say that in the thread title so that no one who hasn't finished the season opens the thread.
    PJ_Soul said:

Well the OP makes the rules. If it's allowed spoilers it needs to say that in the thread title so that no one who hasn't finished the season opens the thread.
    OP doesn't care. :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

OP doesn't care. :lol:
    Yes, I've noticed! :lol: I just wish I could talk about the show more. I don't want to spoil it for people so can't.