Options

2016 Temple of the Dog - Super Deluxe Edition & Vinyl Releases

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    goldrush said:

goldrush said:

Aargh! Every day I click on the deluxe set, but every day I realise it's just too damn expensive. It's like poking a bruise - why can't I stop doing it?!

If it were priced around $50 like the MLB set there would have been no doubt.
    I caved and bought it. I bought the complete MLB box and the completist devil on my shoulder made me get TOTD at the same time.
    I still think it's ridiculously overpriced (especially when you compare it to the Mad Season and MLB sets) but what are you going to do?
    not buy it?

• Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    AO253126 said:

demetrios said:

Bump!

Has anyone seen the Deluxe Edition & CD's available outside the 10club store?

I'm wondering the same thing. Not counting the Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden and Chris Cornell stores, I haven't found it anywhere else. I'm starting to get the feeling this is going to be like the PJ20 3-disc DVD and Blu-Ray editions. I kept waiting on those to be released at a third-party retailer like Amazon, then I lost out.
    What I can tell you is that the item has been offered to the third party retailers for sale. It is up to them whether they decide to pick up the item and stock it.
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    steved said:

AO253126 said:

demetrios said:

Bump!

Has anyone seen the Deluxe Edition & CD's available outside the 10club store?

I'm wondering the same thing. Not counting the Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden and Chris Cornell stores, I haven't found it anywhere else. I'm starting to get the feeling this is going to be like the PJ20 3-disc DVD and Blu-Ray editions. I kept waiting on those to be released at a third-party retailer like Amazon, then I lost out.
    What I can tell you is that the item has been offered to the third party retailers for sale. It is up to them whether they decide to pick up the item and stock it.
    Interesting and good to know. Thanks!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,825

pearljam Get Temple Of The Dog's previously-unreleased demo, "Black Cat" when you pre-order the forthcoming 25th anniversary reissue on digital. More info at TempleOfTheDogShop.com #TOTD #PearlJam #Soundgarden
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    edited August 2016
    How do we get the download if we preordered from here?
    Post edited by RS151862 on
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    my2hands said:

goldrush said:

goldrush said:

Aargh! Every day I click on the deluxe set, but every day I realise it's just too damn expensive. It's like poking a bruise - why can't I stop doing it?!

If it were priced around $50 like the MLB set there would have been no doubt.
    I caved and bought it. I bought the complete MLB box and the completist devil on my shoulder made me get TOTD at the same time.
    I still think it's ridiculously overpriced (especially when you compare it to the Mad Season and MLB sets) but what are you going to do?
    not buy it?

Hmm, I tried that... didn't work out so well!
    At the end of the day, if I'd missed it I would've regretted it. Whereas I won't regret buying it, even if it's expensive.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    RS151862 said:

How do we get the download if we preordered from here?

I don't see a digital download purchase @ the 10club store. Only those who place an order of the digital download over @ https://templeofthedogshop.com/collections/music-exclusives/products/deluxe-digital-download will get the download of Black Cat right away.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,474
    Popmarket had the super deluxe up for $89.99 a couple of days ago, but now it's back up to $99. This tells me there will be plenty to go around and popmarket will eventually offer it for cheaper.
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,612
    The Deluxe 2-cd set is on Amazon. This is the version I was planning on getting. It is $17.50 with free shipping for Prime members. Much better than the $24.98 it would be on pearljam.com or $22.79 on templeofthedog.com. This is why I was waiting to buy it!

https://www.amazon.com/Temple-Dog-2-CD-Deluxe/dp/B01KGXB7SE/ref=sr_1_1_twi_aud_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1472221117&sr=8-1&keywords=temple+of+the+dog
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    RiotAct10 said:

The Deluxe 2-cd set is on Amazon. This is the version I was planning on getting. It is $17.50 with free shipping for Prime members. Much better than the $24.98 it would be on pearljam.com or $22.79 on templeofthedog.com. This is why I was waiting to buy it!

https://www.amazon.com/Temple-Dog-2-CD-Deluxe/dp/B01KGXB7SE/ref=sr_1_1_twi_aud_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1472221117&sr=8-1&keywords=temple+of+the+dog

Damn.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    stukatzstukatz Posts: 110
  • Options

Did anyone get a chance to hear this? Totally missed out. :(
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,889
    Just on one listen, through computer speakers with a sub, I'm not hearing that much of a difference. The new version seems to have the higher frequencies enhanced on Ed's voice. There is a bit more clarity. I just wish there was more value in getting this for the third time. They really should have put extra tracks on the vinyl edition.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,148
    yah i pre-ordered that, but I still think it's expensive. Thinking about cancelling my preorder and seeing if the price drops. Mostly because I want the bluray. If it was like PJ20 bluray and sold out, I'd be dissapointed, but 135cdn is super expensive for a few cd's a and a bluray/dvd
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Zod said:

yah i pre-ordered that, but I still think it's expensive. Thinking about cancelling my preorder and seeing if the price drops. Mostly because I want the bluray. If it was like PJ20 bluray and sold out, I'd be dissapointed, but 135cdn is super expensive for a few cd's a and a bluray/dvd

Same boat here. It's waaaay overpriced imo
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    haven't read the entire thread but it says hear the REMASTERED version. It isn't remastered it is remixed. In the Rolling Stone interview they say they couldn't find the mix tapes. So this version is a remix from the original multi tracks.
  • Options
    tomato/tomato... isn't remastering basically remixing? changing all the levels and mixing of the various tracks that make up the song?
  • Options

haven't read the entire thread but it says hear the REMASTERED version. It isn't remastered it is remixed. In the Rolling Stone interview they say they couldn't find the mix tapes. So this version is a remix from the original multi tracks.

It was a copy & paste jam from Pearl Jam's & Temple of the Dog's official Facebook page. Maybe those running their social media pages don't know what they are talking about.

https://www.facebook.com/TempleofTheDog/photos/a.497215493816078.1073741828.361938884010407/546693488868278/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/PearlJam/photos/a.118116737484.100332.7659317484/10154476361162485/?type=3&theater

• Options
    Nick NamenoneNick Namenone Posts: 67
    edited September 2016
    Zod said:

tomato/tomato... isn't remastering basically remixing? changing all the levels and mixing of the various tracks that make up the song?

remastering and remixing are not remotely the same Zod. Remastering is taking the original mix tapes/files and reprocessing them with eq and compression etc. The fundamental sounds don't change that much just minor tweaks on a stereo track. Remixing is just that. Getting the multi track out and reprocessing eq, compression, balances, effects, sometimes even the takes used. Level of magnitude different. I assume Brendan was tasked with getting as close to the originals as could be expected with a few updates but this isn't the original mixes that have just been spiffed up. These are different mixes.
  • Options

Zod said:

remastering and remixing are not remotely the same Zod. Remastering is taking the original mix tapes/files and reprocessing them with eq and compression etc. The fundamental sounds don't change that much just minor tweaks on a stereo track. Remixing is just that. Getting the multi track out and reprocessing eq, compression, balances, effects, sometimes even the takes used. Level of magnitude different. I assume Brendan was tasked with getting as close to the originals as could be expected with a few updates but this isn't the original mixes that have just been spiffed up. These are different mixes.
    Exactly
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    @ Pearl Jam

The Temple Of The Dog 25th anniversary reissue will be released on 2LP vinyl on November 11. All other formats still available on September 30, pre-order here: smarturl.it/TOTDShop
  • Options
    Interesting new video of Hunger Strike. I hear a huge volume boost and much less reverb on this version. Gotta keep up with our aging/shitty hearing I guess!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    demetrios said:

@ Pearl Jam

The Temple Of The Dog 25th anniversary reissue will be released on 2LP vinyl on November 11. All other formats still available on September 30, pre-order here: smarturl.it/TOTDShop

nice!

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options

Zod said:

Ok. Thanks for clarifying, I stand more educated today :)

I think I'm going to cancel my amazon.ca preorder though. I think I'll tempt fate and hope 10c or another retailer drops the price on the cd deluxe down the road.
  • Options
    No worries Zod even the Facebook announcement conflated them as well.

• Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    Digging this Angle Of Fire track
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'