Options

2016 Temple of the Dog - Super Deluxe Edition & Vinyl Releases

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,806
    Haven't heard anyone yet outside the 10club or the Temple of the Dog website selling the deluxe edition box sets.
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    demetrios said:

Haven't heard anyone yet outside the 10club or the Temple of the Dog website selling the deluxe edition box sets.

Remember these are just presales..
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    steved said:

demetrios said:

Remember these are just presales..
    Oh, I know. The No Code & Yield albums plus Wishlist, Given To Fly, Who You Are, Off He Goes & Hail Hail singles that are also presales too @ the 10club store that are also on presale over @ Amazon USA, CDN, UK etc.. Just a matter of time.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    Like a lot of people on here I'm struggling to justify buying the deluxe set. If the vinyl was included then maybe it'd be worth it but the Blu Ray and DVD elements don't add up to $135AUD (before shipping).

It's still a phenomenal album that everyone should own but I've had the original vinyl and cd since they were released and they still sound great to me.

Also, it looks like the only unreleased songs are Angel of Fire and Black Cat and they're... well... not very good.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    PianoManKDPianoManKD Posts: 125
    Yep, if it had the Vinyl with the deluxe it'd be an auto buy for me!
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,058

$100 and no vinyl? I'm out.

Yup. I want the box set but no vinyl!? $100??? Not worth it to me.
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363

Yep, if it had the Vinyl with the deluxe it'd be an auto buy for me!

Assuming it still had the $100 price point, then I agree it would be a great deal.

As it is, it's $128 + shipping if you buy the super deluxe and the vinyl together, which is about the same as, say, the recent Led Zeppelin super deluxe box sets for roughly the same content. I purchased a few those box sets and while they're very, very nice, I don't really feel like I got my money's worth.

Compare that to about $130-$140 for the Metallica box sets, but which provide a lot more bonus content. If only I liked those LPs as much as TOTD and LZ III, I'd be all over them. So while $128 is not an obscene price and I'll probably end up buying them, $99 would obviously be much easier for me to justify to my budget :smiley:
  • Options
    goldrush said:

Like a lot of people on here I'm struggling to justify buying the deluxe set. If the vinyl was included then maybe it'd be worth it but the Blu Ray and DVD elements don't add up to $135AUD (before shipping).

It's still a phenomenal album that everyone should own but I've had the original vinyl and cd since they were released and they still sound great to me.

Also, it looks like the only unreleased songs are Angel of Fire and Black Cat and they're... well... not very good.

It's $180.18 AUD or CDN (with shipping) if you buy it from templeofthedog.com

It would of been great if the vinyl was included in the box set.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141
    demetrios said:

goldrush said:

It's $180.18 AUD or CDN (with shipping) if you buy it from templeofthedog.com

It would of been great if the vinyl was included in the box set.
    Thats painful for a few cd's and a bluray? I'm really hoping this goes to retail and I get one on discount later on. I've done pretty good. Got soundgarden's telephantasm box from HMV for $50, the echo of miles from amazon for 79.99, lo10l box for about $50cdn on amazon, etc... Usually prices drop on retail stuff... you don't really get that option on 10c only releases :(
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Enzed said:

bazzer said:

Horse2345 said:

fanofzs said:

Free US shipping at TOTD.com

And its $12 cheaper to Canada. Just shows what a joke 10c shipping is.
    Shipping to NZ is $25 cheaper from 10C compared to TOTD!
    I don't know about you, Baz, but $170 NZD is a bit too steep for me.
    Honestly, I'm 50/50. I've got the purple rerelease vinyl, do I also need this? On the other hand, it's so hard to say no, so I'll probably get it all!
    I remember feeling the same way about the PJ20 bluray, but it's nice to have.
    Anyone know if this is getting a wide release? Or just here/TOTD?
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    bazzer said:

Enzed said:

bazzer said:

Horse2345 said:

fanofzs said:

Honestly, I'm 50/50. I've got the purple rerelease vinyl, do I also need this? On the other hand, it's so hard to say no, so I'll probably get it all!
    I've got the MOV reissue too & it sounds awesome. Really awesome. I thought I would go all out for the box set, but ended up ordering the 2 disc set instead. Someday the 3rd disc will end up on YouTube, so I can wait. Plus don't have a 5.1 setup so can't take advantage of the BR disc.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Please do official Bootlegs for the shows...
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Fuck it, I'm such a sucker. The pull of FOMO was too strong, so I caved and ordered.
  • Options
    EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422
    A bit pricey for no vinyl or live album
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,971
    Already have the purple vinyl released here in Europe.

Any reason to care about this then? The unreleased songs won't be on vinyl correct?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,971
    edited July 2016
    steved said:

kramer73 said:

steved said:

The Super Deluxe has the videos on DVD and BluRay there is plenty of room in addition to the audio so all of the vides are on the BluRay in full HD as well.

As far as the PJ20 footage it is all Raw HD footage from the best fan angles available edited with additional footage provided by the band. The footage provided by the band is incredible. It also has the full SBD audio included.

It is not your typical fan video I assure you..

How do you know this?
    I am the one who produced and edited the concert.
    So, who are you? You're from a company that was hired for this? Or you work for ten club? Or are you from Better than nothing? Just curious.

Didn't they have screens for this show? If they had, I guess they don't record/save that footage?

Was there any footage you wanted to use, but couldn't get ahold of or get it approved by the guy who shot it?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141

bazzer said:

Enzed said:

bazzer said:

Horse2345 said:

fanofzs said:

I've got the MOV reissue too & it sounds awesome. Really awesome. I thought I would go all out for the box set, but ended up ordering the 2 disc set instead. Someday the 3rd disc will end up on YouTube, so I can wait. Plus don't have a 5.1 setup so can't take advantage of the BR disc.
    It's wierd how they talk about the bluray disc. They refer to it as an audio disc, but then mention it has all the videos from the DVD too (in HD). That kind of makes me want to buy it... but not at it's current price :(
  • Options
    Zod said:

bazzer said:

Enzed said:

bazzer said:

Horse2345 said:

fanofzs said:

It's wierd how they talk about the bluray disc. They refer to it as an audio disc, but then mention it has all the videos from the DVD too (in HD). That kind of makes me want to buy it... but not at it's current price :(
    I can confirm all Videos from the DVD will be on the Blu-ray Disc in HD Blu-ray quality.. It is a poor description..
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    Gibbon to FlyGibbon to Fly Sussex, UK Posts: 74
    I've ordered the 2 disc CD from 10c. The Vinyl from my local record store here in the UK, mainly to help the store and save on postage from 10c. Couldn't justify the deluxe boxet. In my eyes it would have been an extra $80 (putting the vinyl aside for one moment) for video's and prints???? Unless i'm seeing something different. I'll hold out for a single dvd release. Just want the music. Which in this case is the three unreleased tracks.

London Wembley Arena 29/05/2000
    Milton Keynes Bowl 11/07/2014

London O2 18/06/2018

London O2 17/07/2018

EV - London Apollo 07/06/2017. Wembley Stadium 06/07/2019.

'Pearl Jam saved me from Hair Metal!!!'

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,205
    steved said:

Zod said:

bazzer said:

Enzed said:

bazzer said:

Horse2345 said:

fanofzs said:

I can confirm all Videos from the DVD will be on the Blu-ray Disc in HD Blu-ray quality.. It is a poor description..
    Dammit, now I'm tempted.
  • Options
    RiotZact said:

steved said:

Zod said:

bazzer said:

Enzed said:

bazzer said:

Horse2345 said:

fanofzs said:

Dammit, now I'm tempted.
    Do it...

• Options
    Aargh! Every day I click on the deluxe set, but every day I realise it's just too damn expensive. It's like poking a bruise - why can't I stop doing it?!

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Bump!

Has anyone seen the Deluxe Edition & CD's available outside the 10club store?
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    goldrush said:

Aargh! Every day I click on the deluxe set, but every day I realise it's just too damn expensive. It's like poking a bruise - why can't I stop doing it?!

If it were priced around $50 like the MLB set there would have been no doubt.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    motarmotar Posts: 141
    goldrush said:

Im in that same boat.
  • Options

goldrush said:

If it were priced around $50 like the MLB set there would have been no doubt.
    I caved and bought it. I bought the complete MLB box and the completist devil on my shoulder made me get TOTD at the same time.
    I still think it's ridiculously overpriced (especially when you compare it to the Mad Season and MLB sets) but what are you going to do?

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    demetrios said:

Bump!

Has anyone seen the Deluxe Edition & CD's available outside the 10club store?

I'm wondering the same thing. Not counting the Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden and Chris Cornell stores, I haven't found it anywhere else. I'm starting to get the feeling this is going to be like the PJ20 3-disc DVD and Blu-Ray editions. I kept waiting on those to be released at a third-party retailer like Amazon, then I lost out.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,836
    demetrios said:
    :clap: Digging the bluesy vibe and the spoonman-like sounds (xylophone?) :sunglasses: