Options

Eddie Vedder to be musical guest in Roadies season finale tonight!

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,738
edited August 2016 in The Porch
Jim James, Nicole Atkins, Jackson Browne, Robyn Hitchcock among performers in Aug. 28 episode

by Dan Snierson • @dansnierson

Posted July 13 2016 — 4:42 PM EDT

The Cameron Crowe/Pearl Jam connection will deepen yet again on Roadies.

Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder is set to perform in the season finale of Crowe’s music comedy, which airs Aug. 28 on Showtime.

Other performers in the episode will include Jim James (who also appears in this Sunday’s episode), Nicole Atkins, Jackson Browne, Robyn Hitchcock, Jess Wolfe and Holly Laessig from Lucius, and Gary Clark Jr.

Roadies creator/executive producer Crowe has strong ties to Pearl Jam, as he directed the 2011 retrospective doc Pearl Jam Twenty. He enlisted Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis — who worked on such Crowe films as Say Anything, Singles, and Almost Famous — as a producer on Roadies, and Curtis has helped him recruit musical artists to appear on the show. The season 1 guest roster also includes Lindsey Buckingham, The Head & the Heart, Lucius, Halsey, Reignwolf, and Joy Williams.
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,160
    That'll be awkward for him and Milo.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Is this show any good? I just saw a preview for tonight's episode and given to fly was playing. So I thought I'd check it out.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    ^^ All the reviews I've read say it's terrible
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

Not suprising.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    Lost interest. Not even Pearl jam could bring me back at this point. Just not a Luke Wilson fan.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    @ Pearl Jam Online IT

Sunday, August 28 will be broadcast on Showtime the last episode of the first season of Roadies, the series conceived and directed by Cameron Crowe and produced by the manager of the Pearl Jam Kelly Curtis together with J. J. Abrams . The special guest of the episode will be a familiar face, it's our Eddie Vedder
    On barracudastyle.com/it/category/serie-tv-it/ you can find the recap of the first seven episodes treated by Pearl Jam online for Barracuda with curiosity, photos, playlist, and much more. Rock on!
  • Options
    I recommend checking out the performance if you can. Hopefully it goes up on youtube for those that don't have Showtime.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,313

Is this show any good? I just saw a preview for tonight's episode and given to fly was playing. So I thought I'd check it out.

Yes.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    I think it's pretty decent
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
  • Options
    lenglolenglo Quebec City, Canada Posts: 36
  • Options
    lenglo said:
    thank you! I don't get Showtime and it was great to see Eddie's appearance on there!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    edited August 2016
    lenglo said:
    Dang... that was quite good.

Don't even know Phil and got choked up
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    MISS YA PHIL!!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531
    RIP Phil
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,749
    Smellyman said:

lenglo said:
    Dang... that was quite good.

Don't even know Phil and got choked up
    This made me Lol.

RIP Phil.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,749

It's typical Cameron Crowe. If he's your cup of tea, you'll probably like the show at least to some extent. (I do). It's very much a Almost Famous-y ode to the power of music.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=8905a818791495fa4a36b495a&id=eeefc947c4&e=debeafbabc

The official soundtrack to season 1 of Cameron Crowe's Roadies is now available digitally and on CD.

The soundtrack features a live version of "Man of the Hour" performed by Eddie Vedder and a remix of "I Wish I Was Sober" by Frightened Rabbit, which features Mike McCready on guitar.
  • Options
    Let's hope they put the one & only season of Roadies on Blu-ray ..

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    Yah... I was all over the place with the show. Sometimes the Characters seem a little too characterish? Overplayed maybe? But after a few episodes I still grew to like most of them.. Even if it was a but over the top... sad to see it got cancelled.

The episode with Phil's backstory and Lyndrd Skynard was legendary. My favourite episode of the whole series.