BLM a terrorist organization??

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    my2hands said:

dignin said:

Maybe some of you should head over to their web page to figure out who they are and what they are about before commenting.

http://blacklivesmatter.com/guiding-principles/

just popped onto the site with the link you provided... below is the first line of their statement, and frankly its pure sensationalized bullshit... I didn't feel a need to read further

"Black Lives Matter is an ideological and political intervention in a world where Black lives are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise."
    Just because you don't like it, that doesn't make it untrue.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:

my2hands said:

dignin said:

Maybe some of you should head over to their web page to figure out who they are and what they are about before commenting.

just popped onto the site with the link you provided... below is the first line of their statement, and frankly its pure sensationalized bullshit... I didn't feel a need to read further

"Black Lives Matter is an ideological and political intervention in a world where Black lives are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise."
    You fully believe this to be true gambs?

rgambs said:

my2hands said:

dignin said:

It is statistically factual.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Here's the full quote from the BLM website (interesting that some was left off, my2hands):

Black Lives Matter is an ideological and political intervention in a world where Black lives are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise. It is an affirmation of Black folks’ contributions to this society, our humanity, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

Why is this objectionable?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Shawshank said:

Somewhat off topic, but if this group can mobilize soooooo many people, with so much passion, why don't they organize in Chicago to help eradicate the 1000 or more deaths caused by black-on-black crime each year? And that's just one city. Do black lives only matter if they die at the hands of cops?

Funny you should mention that shawshank. These nitwits tried that a few times in Chicago last year. The gangbangers did not take too kindly to their non sense since it hurt drug sales dramatically with all the police presence sent to protect these wonderful BLM folks who are usually 80% White. Aight nobody got time for that shit in the ghetto. Can't make this shit up even if I tried.

Has anyone been to a BLM rally yet???I personally would love to hear your thoughts.
  • brianlux said:

Here's the full quote from the BLM website (interesting that some was left off, my2hands):

Black Lives Matter is an ideological and political intervention in a world where Black lives are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise. It is an affirmation of Black folks’ contributions to this society, our humanity, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

I think you are mixing up your threads.
    Why do you think some find it objectionable?

brianlux said:

It's you that is mixed up.
  • rgambs said:

brianlux said:

It's you that is mixed up.
    So you fully support BLM?
    It is the truth right?
  • rgambs said:

my2hands said:

dignin said:

Systematically and intentionally targeted?

No.

The orphaned street kids and homeless in Columbia... yes.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

rgambs said:

my2hands said:

dignin said:

No.

So, your interpretation of the data is that unarmed black men being 7 times more likely to be shot than unarmed white men is random and unintentional? For that analysis to be true, it would require the mother of all statistical anomalies.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited July 2016

It's not: Black Lives Matter M̶o̶r̶e̶
    It's: Black Lives Matter Too.

Perhaps adding one implied word to the end is maybe part of the problem?
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    rgambs said:

First of all, congratulations for parroting another pile of Limbaugh feces! Did you think about this before you posted it? I sure hope not.

Second of all, it makes little sense.
    Do you really think the organization required to end gang related violence is as easy as the organization required in telling people, "meet here for a protest"?? Surely you don't, you're not a moron.
    Who would they be seeking redress from with their organizational efforts? The gangs? The thousands of different individuals, operating under no real connection, that are responsible for perpetrating the crimes?

The only insult to me is that you actually thought I was influenced by Limbaugh. I work managing a couple of companies and don't have time to listen to the squawk boxes all day. I'm sure it's easier for some to keep up with them.

And yes, it is just as easy for a group this huge to organize a protest against gang violence...IF they truly want to make a change. Please explain what the difference would be saying, "we are tired of over 2,000 black lives being taken due to violence, and we are going to be taking a stand here at 7pm Friday"

The problem is the turnout would not be as high and the voices would not be as loud and that proves a fundemental problem within the community itself as I mentioned in another post.

Don't get me wrong...there are police problems...big time...and that's an understatement...but it should not be the sole focus and the only reason the BLM mobilizes.

Until they want to make a stand, against the violence in their own communities, then they devalue their message. Nothing will change and lives will continue to be lost. But let's shift the focus away from the internal strife, which is far and away the biggest problem and focus all of our energy on cops as though they are on a mission to exterminate the black race.

• ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    edited July 2016
    I pray BLM protestors use this woman as their inspiration. This is all that's needed and speaks louder than any type of destruction or violence ever will. So beautiful.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nurse-mother-describes-her-baton-rouge-arrest-god-191332733.html
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    Shawshank said:

rgambs said:

First of all, congratulations for parroting another pile of Limbaugh feces! Did you think about this before you posted it? I sure hope not.

Second of all, it makes little sense.
    Do you really think the organization required to end gang related violence is as easy as the organization required in telling people, "meet here for a protest"?? Surely you don't, you're not a moron.
    Who would they be seeking redress from with their organizational efforts? The gangs? The thousands of different individuals, operating under no real connection, that are responsible for perpetrating the crimes?

The only insult to me is that you actually thought I was influenced by Limbaugh. I work managing a couple of companies and don't have time to listen to the squawk boxes all day. I'm sure it's easier for some to keep up with them.

And yes, it is just as easy for a group this huge to organize a protest against gang violence...IF they truly want to make a change. Please explain what the difference would be saying, "we are tired of over 2,000 black lives being taken due to violence, and we are going to be taking a stand here at 7pm Friday"

The problem is the turnout would not be as high and the voices would not be as loud and that proves a fundemental problem within the community itself as I mentioned in another post.

Don't get me wrong...there are police problems...big time...and that's an understatement...but it should not be the sole focus and the only reason the BLM mobilizes.

Until they want to make a stand, against the violence in their own communities, then they devalue their message. Nothing will change and lives will continue to be lost. But let's shift the focus away from the internal strife, which is far and away the biggest problem and focus all of our energy on cops as though they are on a mission to exterminate the black race.

So basically what you're saying is that us white folks will validate your concerns about police racism after you correct what I see as a logical fallacy in your position (even though you're ignoring the difference of government violence compared to individual violence)?
  • Shawshank said:

I pray BLM protestors use this woman as their inspiration. This is all that's needed and speaks louder than any type of destruction or violence ever will. So beautiful.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nurse-mother-describes-her-baton-rouge-arrest-god-191332733.html

Good article.
    After her arrest, Evans ended another Facebook post with, "Peace, love, blk power! ‪#‎blacklivesmatter."

I wonder if someone said that but used a different colour they would be able to get away with it?
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120

Shawshank said:

Good article.
    After her arrest, Evans ended another Facebook post with, "Peace, love, blk power! ‪#‎blacklivesmatter."

I wonder if someone said that but used a different colour they would be able to get away with it?
    I hope her son learned something from what his mother stood for and against. Also some day she may try to encourage him to become an officer or a lawyer. Then try and become a shining example for his community in the future.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    g under p said:

Shawshank said:

Good article.

I hope her son learned something from what his mother stood for and against. Also some day she may try to encourage him to become an officer or a lawyer. Then try and become a shining example for his community in the future.

Peace

You know that sounds really patronizing.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

g under p said:

Shawshank said:

Good article.

Peace

I didn't take it that way at all (especially considering the source of g!). Struck me as a great way to maybe effect some positive change.
  • hedonist said:

g under p said:

Shawshank said:

Good article.

Peace

I didn't take it that way at all (especially considering the source of g!). Struck me as a great way to maybe effect some positive change.
    Not if you say (insert colour here) power.

hedonist said:

g under p said:

Shawshank said:

Good article.

Peace

You talking about what Evans posted or what g said? I was speaking to the latter.
  • hedonist said:

hedonist said:

g under p said:

Shawshank said:

Good article.

Peace

You talking about what Evans posted or what g said? I was speaking to the latter.
    Doesn't matter.
    Either way you can't effect positive change if you have a race chanting (insert colour here) power!
    Your point becomes moot
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    rgambs said:

my2hands said:

dignin said:

Actually, it's bullshit and absolutely untrue

Who is "systematically and intentionally targeting black lives for demise"?

Essentially they are stating there is an active conspiracy being executed to target and kill black people... that is 100% bullshit, and saying that does not make me a racist or naive...

Who is in on this genocidal conspiracy? The black president? Maybe the black attorney general? Perhaps all of the minority mayors are in on it? How the minority police officers, surely they are purposely targetting other minorities?

Frankly, the VAST majority of people I see systematically targeting black people, are other black people... like it or not

Are there bad cops? Of course... when they break the law charge them and prosecute them like the criminal that they are... this country is littered with guns... this country is littered with gun violence... the black community is plagued by gun violence... and we are shocked that some cops end up making mistakes or developing a quick trigger finger? I wonder how on edge you would be if you policed in some of these communities and responded daily to shootings and saw firsthand how many weapons and how much violence was occurring in some of these areas?

Police are putting their lives on the line every day, some in the worst possible neighborhoods... you know, the neighborhoods 99% of us on here avoid at all costs... they run into situations 99% of us run away from...

I work with a woman whose husband is a cop in my local city... he is black... he recently shot a young black kid who survived thank god... because during a foot pursuit the kid turned around and pointed a toy gun at them... when he realized he shot the kid he fainted... he struggles with this mentally ever day since... it will impact him on his job for the rest of his career, if he can even continue mentally... so please enlighten me, what should he have done? Maybe he is part of this bullshit conspiracy you appear to support? I happen to think he is a good man just trying to earn an honest living to provide for his family, that was forced to make a life or death decision in the blink of an eye... meanwhile Monday morning quatrrbacjs like you get to sit back and pass judgement

Frankly I find the kind of statement mentioned earlier to be disgusting, ignorant, and harmful...

I fully support law enforcement and every other person in civil services, 99% of them are great people just trying to do a good job... and I also fully believe that #AllLivesMatter... and guess what, that doesn't make me a racist or naive
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487

Doesn't matter.
    Either way you can't effect positive change if you have a race chanting (insert colour here) power!
    Your point becomes moot
    You didn't see her edit?
    She changed it to,"peace, love, and...

# blacklivesandthundercatsmatter

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

g under p said:

Shawshank said:

Good article.

Peace

Doesn't matter.
    Your point becomes moot
    Sheesh. I was talking about what g said.

You go ahead and take it all however you like.
  • rgambs said:

rgambs said:

my2hands said:

dignin said:

No.

So, your interpretation of the data is that unarmed black men being 7 times more likely to be shot than unarmed white men is random and unintentional? For that analysis to be true, it would require the mother of all statistical anomalies.
    No.

My interpretation of that data is that there are several factors at play other than a succinctly framed or secretly designed mandate to 'systematically and intentionally' target black people.

Systematic? Intentionally? Come on, man.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

my2hands said:

dignin said:

There are a lot of factual statistics. Picking out one and repeating it over and over while ignoring all the rest is intellectually dishonest.

I would never in a million years disagree that there is a problem with (some number of) police officers abusing their power while violating the civil and human rights of (some number of) African Americans. I fully believe that is one systemic problem we need to address.

I also believe it is essential to address the problem of violent crime in African American neighborhoods. (Some number of) innocent people who live in those neighborhoods also have civil and human rights that (some number of) their own people systematically and intentionally deprive them of. There are four year-olds killed in the crossfires everyday, who suffer terribly the same way that young child in the back of the MN car also now suffers. Young children don't really give a shit what system or what statistical so and so made it happen. They just want the fucking grown ups -- ALL the fucking grown ups -- to protect and provide for and nurture them.

Why can't the argument be both this and that? One truth does not cancel out the other truth. All of it is really, really hard work. Transforming an entrenched law enforcement system is no easier than transforming broken families and neighborhoods. People need to quit bickering sides and get to work because too many people are dying everywhere for too many different reasons.

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

my2hands said:

dignin said:

There are a lot of factual statistics. Picking out one and repeating it over and over while ignoring all the rest is intellectually dishonest.

I would never in a million years disagree that there is a problem with (some number of) police officers abusing their power while violating the civil and human rights of (some number of) African Americans. I fully believe that is one systemic problem we need to address.

I also believe it is essential to address the problem of violent crime in African American neighborhoods. (Some number of) innocent people who live in those neighborhoods also have civil and human rights that (some number of) their own people systematically and intentionally deprive them of. There are four year-olds killed in the crossfires everyday, who suffer terribly the same way that young child in the back of the MN car also now suffers. Young children don't really give a shit what system or what statistical so and so made it happen. They just want the fucking grown ups -- ALL the fucking grown ups -- to protect and provide for and nurture them.

Why can't the argument be both this and that? One truth does not cancel out the other truth. All of it is really, really hard work. Transforming an entrenched law enforcement system is no easier than transforming broken families and neighborhoods. People need to quit bickering sides and get to work because too many people are dying everywhere for too many different reasons.
    Excellent - and yes, it can and should be.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592

brianlux said:

No, it's all up there here.

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

my2hands said:

dignin said:

Cart before the horse again. Why do you suppose there is so much violence in black neighborhoods?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Systematic, definitely.....the evidence is insurmountable. Intentional? Well that is debatable and can all come down to semantics.

I'm not surprised but saddened that out of that whole website some here would focus on that one controversial statement.

Either way, there is nothing about the beliefs at the core of BLM movement that is violent. Can people act violent in protests? Yes....but that's clearly not what the movement is about.
  • dignin said:

Systematic, definitely.....the evidence is insurmountable. Intentional? Well that is debatable and can all come down to semantics.

I'm not surprised but saddened that out of that whole website some here would focus on that one controversial statement.

Either way, there is nothing about the beliefs at the core of BLM movement that is violent. Can people act violent in protests? Yes....but that's clearly not what the movement is about.

How can you not go by what people in a movement say?