Options

Jill Stein for President

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,720
    Stein gets my vote!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    brianlux said:

Stein gets my vote!

Good for you Brian. Still can't believe the two choices your stuck with, just baffling.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Jill Stein tweet...

Still waiting to hear about climate change, student debt, health care, criminal justice reform, etc. Just war, war, war. #debatenight 
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

Stein gets my vote!

Good for you Brian. Still can't believe the two choices your stuck with, just baffling.
    Many of us are baffled by this, Lukin. Which of course makes it even more baffling!

I love it that Stein referred to Trump and Clinton as “two creatures”.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    lukin2006 said:

Jill Stein tweet...

Still waiting to hear about climate change, student debt, health care, criminal justice reform, etc. Just war, war, war. #debatenight 

We will wait forever because this election is rigged.
  • Options
    Free said:

lukin2006 said:

Jill Stein tweet...

Can't convince the Clinton people of that ... but I agree, it also wouldn't surprise me that the DNC and RNC rig it even more so guys like sanders and trump never get close to the nomination in the future ...

• Options
    The little I've read on Jill stein the more impressed I am ... seems to me she'd make the best a POTUS...Oh I forgot she's doesn't have 30 years experience...

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

Free said:

lukin2006 said:

Jill Stein tweet...

Can't convince the Clinton people of that ... but I agree, it also wouldn't surprise me that the DNC and RNC rig it even more so guys like sanders and trump never get close to the nomination in the future ...
    They already have started. It's called the Commission on Presidential Debates. http://www.pjstar.com/zz/elections/20160926/what-is-commission-on-presidential-debates-and-what-do-they-do

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/436029/presidential-debates-rigged-game
  • Options
    "...we need to unrig our political system.”
    -Jill Stein

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    brianlux said:

Aging "star" desperate for attention. From pop star to children's book writer to... see Free's post above.

It's a pretty icky thing to say. I never like seeing a woman degrade herself and try to sell it as edgy or whatever.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Aging "star" desperate for attention. From pop star to children's book writer to... see Free's post above.

It's a pretty icky thing to say. I never like seeing a woman degrade herself and try to sell it as edgy or whatever.
    It would have made more sense if she said this while campaigning for Trump. Just as disgusting, but would have been a better fit.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Yes. Whether "aging" or not.

I consider that aspect irrelevant, as the "acknowledge me and then some!" mindset, along with the skank factor itself, isn't limited to age, or even gender.

Plus, why only blow jobs? Either way, I hope condoms and, if necessary, dental dams are used.

(and must I give the usual disclaimer - up to anyone to choose what they do or don't share of their bodies, but this trend of figuratively or even literally spreading your cheeks and inviting people to use that as they wish...I just find it sad, as there is so much else, so much more, to a human being than their physical assets. Smoke and mirrors, imagery.)
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

It would have made more sense if she said this while campaigning for Trump. Just as disgusting, but would have been a better fit.
    If disgusting, then it's never a good fit.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Yes. Whether "aging" or not.

I consider that aspect irrelevant, as the "acknowledge me and then some!" mindset, along with the skank factor itself, isn't limited to age, or even gender.

Plus, why only blow jobs? Either way, I hope condoms and, if necessary, dental dams are used.

(and must I give the usual disclaimer - up to anyone to choose what they do or don't share of their bodies, but this trend of figuratively or even literally spreading your cheeks and inviting people to use that as they wish...I just find it sad, as there is so much else, so much more, to a human being than their physical assets. Smoke and mirrors, imagery.)
    For sure. Her age never crossed my mind, not even after seeing others mention it. In one ear, out the other, because it is so totally irrelevant. My only focus was on her saying she'd trade sex for votes (or no votes). Like, you're saying you'll suck d*ck for your political cause? Really? It just objectifies all women to say shit like that. I know she didn't mean it, but still...
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Pretty good video about John Oliver on Stein's position on vaccines. Funny too.

http://youtu.be/XdZQ0zzPxZA

Oliver should do a segment on the number of recommended and sometimes required immunizations that are warranted as safe and/or effective.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Pretty good video about John Oliver on Stein's position on vaccines. Funny too.

http://youtu.be/XdZQ0zzPxZA

Oliver should do a segment on the number of recommended and sometimes required immunizations that are warranted as safe and/or effective.

Pretty good stuff.

"It takes a lot of courage to marginalize the already marginalized." Oliver really dropped the ball on that on. I used to like that guy.

• Options
    Great video...I like the message. Those late night comedians aren't so funny...and I would like to know why people want to tune into a show just before bed and listen to more political bs that you hear all day, we need some time to tune out from that election or we all might need counselling. I thought his commentary was spot on...

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    The manufactured choice between a member of the billionaire class and a servant of the billionaire class is a lose-lose for working people.
    Jill Stein
  • Options

Let's replace rigged trade deals that have offshored jobs, depressed wages, & undermined our sovereignty over our own economy & laws. #NoTPP

— Dr. Jill Stein (@DrJillStein) October 27, 2016

• Options
    "Silence is not what democracy needs. Right now we have an election where, even the supporters of Hillary Clinton, the majority don't support Hillary; they just oppose Donald Trump. And the majority of Donald Trump supporters don't support him; they just oppose Hillary."
    -Jill Stein

• Options
    brianlux said:

"Silence is not what democracy needs. Right now we have an election where, even the supporters of Hillary Clinton, the majority don't support Hillary; they just oppose Donald Trump. And the majority of Donald Trump supporters don't support him; they just oppose Hillary."
    -Jill Stein

It's a good quote for sure.
    A little too late to the party though.
    As usual the people who care about politics and want real change didn't put them on the ballot.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

brianlux said:

-Jill Stein

As usual the people who care about politics and want real change didn't put them on the ballot.
    Yes, it is a good quote, and you're right, it is too late. But one thing.... who in the fuck is silent right now??? Nobody, as far as I can tell. This issue is right up there in our faces everyday at the moment. So now what? I would rather turn to Bernie than Jill Stein for the answer to that question. And Bernie knows it will take generations of work on local levels, a lot of patience, a lot of individuals working together, but none of them can be plied by politics or money... possible? I doubt it. I hope so, but I doubt it. Certainly not in our lifetime. Maybe in a 100 or 200 years, people en masse will be enlightened enough. Or it will be an idiocracy. I think it could go either way right now. Meanwhile, as many people trying to do the right thing as possible is all that can be done, and hope the numbers grow over time.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    brianlux said:

-Jill Stein

This should be AMT's motto.
  • Options

brianlux said:

-Jill Stein

It's never too early and it's never late to say what should be said.

• Options
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

-Jill Stein

Well it's not exactly an original thought.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

-Jill Stein

What does that have to do with anything? :hushed:
  • Options
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

-Jill Stein

What does that have to do with anything? :hushed:
    Well he just said it's something that should be said... I just meant that it is something that is being said widely, so there is no should about it. It is being said.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

-Jill Stein

I have to interpret this two ways:

1)Saying, "It's never too early and it's never late to say what should be said" was original to me. Someone else probably has said that before but it came out of my head. I don't knowingly plagiarize (which I think means I simply don't plagiarize). If I read it elsewhere, I use quotes and cite the reference. Always.

2) I don't know what number two is, PJ_Soul because I don't know what it that I said about whatever it is that is being said widely.

(Opening notes to Led Zeppelin's "Communication Break Down" start in my head. da da/ da da/ da da/ da da/ daaaaaaaaaaaaa/ da da! )

To paraphrase John Lydon (not sure of the exact wording), "The best way to resolve conflict is to just get it all out! Say it all, everything you have to say! And then have a great sense of humor in order to work things out."

Post edited by brianlux on

• Options
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

-Jill Stein

I have to interpret this two ways:

1)Saying, "It's never too early and it's never late to say what should be said" was original to me. Someone else probably has said that before but it came out of my head. I don't knowingly plagiarize (which I think means I simply don't plagiarize). If I read it elsewhere, I use quotes and cite the reference. Always.

2) I don't know what number two is, PJ_Soul because I don't know what it that I said about whatever it is that is being said widely.

(Opening notes to Led Zeppelin's "Communication Break Down" start in my head. da da/ da da/ da da/ da da/ daaaaaaaaaaaaa/ da da! )

To paraphrase John Lydon (not sure of the exact wording), "The best way to resolve conflict is to just get it all out! Say it all, everything you have to say! And then have a great sense of humor in order to work things out."

I think this might clear it up Brian: I wasn't talking about your thought. I was still talking about Stein's thought. ;)