Options

Jill Stein for President

Comments

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

FEEL THE STEIN!!!!!

Feel the anyone that isn't Tumpary. I even like Johnson ffs. Besides, I don't agree on everything with Jill Stein. Apparently, she's another anti vaccine nutcase like Jenny McStupid.
    If in fact she is anti vaccine, then there is zero chanel I vote for her. I'll have to research that.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that on her page, or somewhere.

And she'll invite Edward Snowden to be on her cabinet. Wtf
  • Options

FEEL THE STEIN!!!!!

Feel the anyone that isn't Tumpary. I even like Johnson ffs. Besides, I don't agree on everything with Jill Stein. Apparently, she's another anti vaccine nutcase like Jenny McStupid.
    If in fact she is anti vaccine, then there is zero chanel I vote for her. I'll have to research that.
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/theres-probably-nothing-that-will-change-clinton-or-trump-supporters-minds/
    In a study conducted in October,1 researchers presented 507 self-identified Republicans and 986 self-identified Democrats with actual things that Trump had said — some of which were true and some of which were false. The researchers might explain, for instance, that “Trump said that the MMR vaccine causes autism,” or they would simply present the assertion that “The MMR vaccine causes autism.” Then they asked people, “How much do you believe this statement?”

“If we told participants that it was Trump that said the misinformation, Republicans were much more likely to believe it and Democrats were much less likely to believe it,” said Briony Swire2, a Ph.D. candidate in cognitive psychology at the University of Western Australia, who conducted the study with colleagues at MIT and the University
    of Bristol.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,691
    edited July 2016

FEEL THE STEIN!!!!!

Exactly why I think I've got a good chance of selling my signed Pat Paulsen book and LP record at the book fair this fall. Hell's bells I might even vote for the man and he's dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn69wP-jD2Y

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    her position on vaccines is founded on what everyone's position on any issue should be ... facts, critical thinking and objectivity ...

if the majority of americans were capable of that - you wouldn't be left with Trump vs. Clinton ...
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611

FEEL THE STEIN!!!!!

It is not true.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    edited July 2016
    polaris_x said:

her position on vaccines is founded on what everyone's position on any issue should be ... facts, critical thinking and objectivity ...

if the majority of americans were capable of that - you wouldn't be left with Trump vs. Clinton ...

If she were anti-vaccine, then her position is 100% NOT founded on fact, critical thinking, or objectivity. But apparently it's not true??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

If she were anti-vaccine, then her position is 100% NOT founded on fact, critical thinking, or objectivity. But apparently it's not true??
    Can someone look it up and post some facts?
  • Options
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

Lol, why do you?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

Lol, why do you?
    You asked about its truthfulness, you do the work. Or, you really don't care.
  • Options
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

Lol, why do you?
    You asked about its truthfulness, you do the work. Or, you really don't care.
    I am just not able to right now. I thought someone might already know. I'm not about to actually request that others go and research it for me.
  • Options
    she's a physician ... she understands vaccines and she also understands that medical system is corrupted by the same industrial complexes that permeate through defense and justice systems ...
  • Options
    Stein is anti-science, anti vaccine?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthropology/2016/07/sorry-clinton-supporters-but-jill-stein-is-not-an-anti-vaccine-presidential-candidate/

There are a few stories going around about Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein being anti-science, and worse, anti-vaccine. This is nothing but pro-Clinton fear mongering at best.

While I have written about the Green Party’s own trouble with science, mostly dealing with GMO labeling and homeopathy, the idea that Jill Stein, a medical doctor is anti-vaccine is ridiculous if you take more than ten seconds to read her own statement on the issue.

I don’t know if we have an “official” stance, but I can tell you my personal stance at this point. According to the most recent review of vaccination policies across the globe, mandatory vaccination that doesn’t allow for medical exemptions is practically unheard of. In most countries, people trust their regulatory agencies and have very high rates of vaccination through voluntary programs. In the US, however, regulatory agencies are routinely packed with corporate lobbyists and CEOs. So the foxes are guarding the chicken coop as usual in the US. So who wouldn’t be skeptical? I think dropping vaccinations rates that can and must be fixed in order to get at the vaccination issue: the widespread distrust of the medical-indsutrial (sic) complex.

Vaccines in general have made a huge contribution to public health. Reducing or eliminating devastating diseases like small pox and polio. In Canada, where I happen to have some numbers, hundreds of annual death from measles and whooping cough were eliminated after vaccines were introduced. Still, vaccines should be treated like any medical procedure–each one needs to be tested and regulated by parties that do not have a financial interest in them. In an age when industry lobbyists and CEOs are routinely appointed to key regulatory positions through the notorious revolving door, its no wonder many Americans don’t trust the FDA to be an unbiased source of sound advice.

- See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthropology/2016/07/sorry-clinton-supporters-but-jill-stein-is-not-an-anti-vaccine-presidential-candidate/#sthash.aeEKhTR7.dpuf
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Democratic fear mongering. That's funny.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

Democratic fear mongering. That's funny.

Not my words but certainly an attempt to discredit a candidate over a minor issue with misinformation. Certainly disingenuous.

• Options
    Watch Jill livestream today, and her speech rocked!!
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,750
    Young 'uns should familiarize themselves with these two elections, and then realize Trump would be much, much worse than the candidate that won either of them:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Perot_presidential_campaign,_1992

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Nader_presidential_campaign,_2000
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options

Young 'uns should familiarize themselves with these two elections, and then realize Trump would be much, much worse than the candidate that won either of them:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Perot_presidential_campaign,_1992

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Nader_presidential_campaign,_2000

Trump would certainly be worse than Perot or Nader, by a long shot. Trump would be slightly worse than HRC. In fact, Trump would be worse than me as president and I would totally suck at being president.

Stein on the other hand... :plus_one:

• Options
    ^^^
    How could Trump be worse than you as president?
    Trump never changes his mind on candidates.
  • Options

^^^

Irrelevant. I haven't changed my mind so much as the cards on the table changed. Bernie is out of it, Stein is in. Make sense, right?

Also, re your comment on Ayn Rand (can't find it again)- not a fan. She had strong biases against Native Americans. Nothing missing in my education there.

• Options
    ^^^
    The cards may have changed but a bluff is a bluff.

Re Rand yeah you're right. Doesn't mean you have to be a fan though. You're at least edumacted and smrt enough to know of the writing.
  • Options

^^^
    The cards may have changed but a bluff is a bluff.

Re Rand yeah you're right. Doesn't mean you have to be a fan though. You're at least edumacted and smrt enough to know of the writing.

I hear a trump card joke in the making. :wink:

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    So is this who the Bernie fans are now supporting .... maybe if all the Bernie fans got behind her from the get go this election would be interesting. Yes/No? Enough Bernie supporters around to at least make her a little relevent in the election, maybe. Ross Perot, relevent ...

I dunno, looks like Bernie let you down by jumping to the good ship Clinton.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

So is this who the Bernie fans are now supporting .... maybe if all the Bernie fans got behind her from the get go this election would be interesting. Yes/No? Enough Bernie supporters around to at least make her a little relevent in the election, maybe. Ross Perot, relevent ...

Personally, I liked Stein from the get-go but the thing is, the Green Party had very little chance of winning the presidency and Bernie did. I'm a bigger Stein supporter but liked Bernie enough such that when it looked like he had a shot at it, he was the one I supported. With him out of it, that leaves Stein. And yes, he did disappoint me. Maybe he's scared shitless like a lot of other people over the possibility of Trump winning.

"God, what a mess/ on the ladder of sucksess."

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

Personally, I liked Stein from the get-go but the thing is, the Green Party had very little chance of winning the presidency and Bernie did. I'm a bigger Stein supporter but liked Bernie enough such that when it looked like he had a shot at it, he was the one I supported. With him out of it, that leaves Stein. And yes, he did disappoint me. Maybe he's scared shitless like a lot of other people over the possibility of Trump winning.

But now it looks like he never had a chance ... looks like they had their mind made up. To me that gives Trump the edge. He had powerful people in the Republican Party working against him and still got the nod ... maybe something was up, but it appears trump win was legit.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

brianlux said:

lukin2006 said:

But now it looks like he never had a chance ... looks like they had their mind made up. To me that gives Trump the edge. He had powerful people in the Republican Party working against him and still got the nod ... maybe something was up, but it appears trump win was legit.
    If Sanders truly never had a chance then everything unsung has been telling us is true- and it very well may be. Bottom line is, if I'm going to vote I have to vote my conscience. Easier said than done.

Oh good gawd, more ibuprofen!

• Options
    the reality is that the majority of people can vote for jill stein without any real consequence ... only the people in swing states need to decide if voting strategically is something they want to do ...

• Options
    polaris_x said:

the reality is that the majority of people can vote for jill stein without any real consequence ... only the people in swing states need to decide if voting strategically is something they want to do ...

That makes sense.

Either way, I'm so disgusted with the whole mess. Trump is a joke. Clinton is almost as bad. I'm voting for Stein.

• Options

^^^

What, are you kidding?? Trump, who was a big Clinton cheerleader right up until he decided to run?
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    brianlux said:

polaris_x said:

That makes sense.

Either way, I'm so disgusted with the whole mess. Trump is a joke. Clinton is almost as bad. I'm voting for Stein.
    Doesn't look like you are alone.
    https://youtu.be/nUOtnHcQ7FI