Options

Beware of CL

chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,436
It was brought to my attention on a separate thread of a CL post for GA tix and I just wanted to warn people of the fakes that are out there. The guy selling the fakes e-mailed me a picture and I compared it to the tickets my buddy got from the public sale. Definitely a different font. Notice the difference in the "J" in Jam and the "V" . Be Careful folks...here are the fakes that were posted.

http://i.imgur.com/fNLrIWK.jpg
2014: Moline, IL
2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
2019: EV Tempe, AZ
2020: PPD
2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Also the simple fact that GA tix are 10C only, which means that they can only be picked up at will call on the day of the show. No one would have legitimate GA tix in hand prior to the day of the show.
  • Options
    kasedoug said:

Also the simple fact that GA tix are 10C only, which means that they can only be picked up at will call on the day of the show. No one would have legitimate GA tix in hand prior to the day of the show.

The post said he has four in hand. Total BS. People like this have no souls.
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    kasedoug said:

Exactly...

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    myoung321 said:

kasedoug said:

Exactly...

The sad part is that 10C members know this but the general public not so much. I reported his ass, not sure if that will do anything but I am sure someone will buy them and be out a lot of $$$
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Uggh, I hope people are careful where they get their tickets
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    fakes? on craigslist? this just can't be possible.
  • Options
    SteffyLouSteffyLou Posts: 369
    Awhile back there was someone on Facebook saying they worked as a contractor for Wrigley and were given GA.
    Maybe employees do get tickets .
    Not saying these are real, just saying, maybe others do get tickets ( but only 10c can buy).
  • Options
    Adam777Adam777 Posts: 18
    I just posted on the other thread before I saw this one. That's the exact same pic I received. Exact same!!! Hopefully this will help fellow pearl jam fans to google "pearl jam wrigley field scam". Hopefully this thread will show up. Here is the Chicago craigslist link of the scammer - http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/tix/5663128325.html
  • Options
    Adam777Adam777 Posts: 18
    Here is the phone number to the scammer too - (847) 857-6559
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    There's plenty of people doing this, unfortunately. Unless you know what the tickets should look like, don't even bother on CL.

This one guy "has" non-10c seats but was trying to sell for $250/each (also a good sign they're fake - too good to be true). There's so much wrong with these tickets it's laughable - ticket price, fonts, perforated edges, I could go on...

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    why would anyone buy tickets on craigslist?

#Darwin
  • Options
    Looks like his post was removed or he deleted it. Plenty of more fakes out there but maybe me calling him out and reporting him yesterday saved a poor soul 1200 bucks
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    my2hands said:

#Darwin

I guess because the majority of the time the tix are totally legit. I have personally sold several tickets via CL, all for face value, and I'm completely on the up and up. So people definitely benefit from going through CL a lot of the time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

#Darwin

I guess because the majority of the time the tix are totally legit. I have personally sold several tickets via CL, all for face value, and I'm completely on the up and up. So people definitely benefit from going through CL a lot of the time.
    Same here.

It's a good rule to dismiss any CL listings that are much less than StubHub prices (or just too good to be true).
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    tschav said:

PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

#Darwin

Same here.

It's a good rule to dismiss any CL listings that are much less than StubHub prices (or just too good to be true).
    I would rather pay a couple of bucks more with a money back guarantee any day of the week. Of course all CL tickets are not fake but why take the chance?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    PJNB said:

tschav said:

PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

#Darwin

Same here.

I would rather pay a couple of bucks more with a money back guarantee any day of the week. Of course all CL tickets are not fake but why take the chance?
    But there are very easy ways to make it 100% safe. Simply buy from someone who will meet and do a Ticketmaster transfer to you while you watch. Don't hand over the money until you get the TM ticker transfer confirmation email. Super simple. Alternately, you could meet them at the venue box office and get the venue to confirm that the tickets are real. Easy peazy. With such simply safe options, I have no idea why people are still just meeting strangers in parking lots and handing cash over for hard copy tickets. That is just dumb and totally unnecessary. If a seller refuses to do one of the two options I just mentioned, then find someone who will.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJ_Soul said:

PJNB said:

tschav said:

PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

#Darwin

Same here.

But there are very easy ways to make it 100% safe. Simply buy from someone who will meet and do a Ticketmaster transfer to you while you watch. Don't hand over the money until you get the TM ticker transfer confirmation email. Super simple. Alternately, you could meet them at the venue box office and get the venue to confirm that the tickets are real. Easy peazy. With such simply safe options, I have no idea why people are still just meeting strangers in parking lots and handing cash over for hard copy tickets. That is just dumb and totally unnecessary. If a seller refuses to do one of the two options I just mentioned, then find someone who will.
    stubhub sounds much easier and safer than all of that... but to each his own
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    my2hands said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJNB said:

tschav said:

PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

#Darwin

Same here.

I don't think stubhub is safer than those two methods assuming you're meeting the seller in public, but easier because you don't have to leave your home (unless the seller is willing to transfer the tix before you send the money... that would be one stupid seller though). However, stubhub is usually expensive. You can find tix for tace value on CL, so it's usually the much cheaper option (and safe if you want it to be). Plus, I have heard TONS of stories about people getting screwed on stubhub, in terms of not ending up with their tickets. It's not like you're guaranteed the tix you bought on the stubhub until you have them in your hands. You're only guaranteed a refund.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJNB said:

tschav said:

PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

#Darwin

Same here.

I don't think stubhub is safer than those two methods assuming you're meeting the seller in public, but easier because you don't have to leave your home (unless the seller is willing to transfer the tix before you send the money... that would be one stupid seller though). However, stubhub is usually expensive. You can find tix for tace value on CL, so it's usually the much cheaper option (and safe if you want it to be). Plus, I have heard TONS of stories about people getting screwed on stubhub, in terms of not ending up with their tickets. It's not like you're guaranteed the tix you bought on the stubhub until you have them in your hands. You're only guaranteed a refund.
    SH gives you the option, a refund, or they put you in comparable or better seats.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617

PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJNB said:

tschav said:

PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

#Darwin

Same here.

SH gives you the option, a refund, or they put you in comparable or better seats.
    This, Stub Hub is guaranteed. Only resource I have seen that does that.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    kasedoug said:

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJNB said:

tschav said:

PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

#Darwin

Same here.

Tell that to all those people who 100% could not get into the Superbowl in Arizona, even though they had bought and "secured" tickets via stubhub. Sorry, but StubHub is not always guaranteed outside of a refund. As I said, I have seen many stories about people who have been shown that this is not true, no matter what StubHub claims. And back to my other point: StubHub is usually a lot more expensive for really high demand tickets. You can usually find face value on CL just because there are honest people out there who don't want to make a profit. You don't really see that on StubHub. Anyway, I'm not actually trying to discourage people from using stubhub any more than I would discourage anyone from EVER buying tickets for more than face value or from a scalper/scalping platform... which is to say that I discourage you all from buying from any scalper, including via StubHub. It just feeds the problem that we are all so aware of... until we want that hard to get ticket, right????). I'm just saying that there ARE safe, secure, and affordable ways to get real tickets via Craigslist, and without feeding the scalpers. You just have to do it right.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    rival. said:

fakes? on craigslist? this just can't be possible.

I know who'd have thunk it
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJNB said:

tschav said:

PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

#Darwin

Same here.

Tell that to all those people who 100% could not get into the Superbowl in Arizona, even though they had bought and "secured" tickets via stubhub. Sorry, but StubHub is not always guaranteed outside of a refund. As I said, I have seen many stories about people who have been shown that this is not true, no matter what StubHub claims. And back to my other point: StubHub is usually a lot more expensive for really high demand tickets. You can usually find face value on CL just because there are honest people out there who don't want to make a profit. You don't really see that on StubHub. Anyway, I'm not actually trying to discourage people from using stubhub any more than I would discourage anyone from EVER buying tickets for more than face value or from a scalper/scalping platform... which is to say that I discourage you all from buying from any scalper, including via StubHub. It just feeds the problem that we are all so aware of... until we want that hard to get ticket, right????). I'm just saying that there ARE safe, secure, and affordable ways to get real tickets via Craigslist, and without feeding the scalpers. You just have to do it right.
    I've always had excellent transactions with honest folks on Craigslist. But I also have an amazing bullshit detector.

And not everyone who sells on StubHub is a scumbag scalper. Similar to eBay, StubHub takes a growing percentage of its sellers' cash, so sellers are basically forced to ask for prices above face value if they want to get back their initial costs.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    No, sorry, I didn't mean to say that the individual sellers on StubHub are scalpers or scumbags. StubHub is a big horrible scalping platform though, and almost everyone who is selling on there is seeking a profit above and beyond the SH fees (until they're forced to take a loss when the prices tumble - depends on the event). I should mention that a friend of mine who I really like is also a ticket broker. He owns his own company, and is a very successful professional scalper (he's actually in France right now, screwing over soccer fans!). I do not respect his line of work at all and I wish he didn't do it.... But he's still someone I consider a good friend. I discourage people from buying any ticket above face value because in the end it hurts us all. That's all I'm saying.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I didn't even know people still used Craigslist.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141

PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJNB said:

tschav said:

PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

#Darwin

Same here.

www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    edited July 2016
    ldent42 said:

I didn't even know people still used Craigslist.

i do, selling and buying.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    PJ_Soul said:

No, sorry, I didn't mean to say that the individual sellers on StubHub are scalpers or scumbags. StubHub is a big horrible scalping platform though, and almost everyone who is selling on there is seeking a profit above and beyond the SH fees (until they're forced to take a loss when the prices tumble - depends on the event). I should mentioned that a friend of mine who a really like is also a ticket broker. He owns his own company, and is a very successful professional scalper (he's actually in France right now, screwing over soccer fans!). I do no respect his line of work at all and I wish he didn't do it.... But he's still someone I consider a good friend. I discourage people from buying any ticket above face value because in the end it hurts us all. That's all I'm saying.

Agreed. I don't buy or sell above face value, and given that Stubhub charges a fee to sell a ticket, that means that I would be asking a seller to incur a loss to sell me their tickets for face value.

My rule of thumb for Craigslist is trust your gut and insist on face-to-face meeting. Got fourth row for Brian Wilson a few nights ago with this method, and would've walked away from the guy had he not shown me proof of purchase, and been able to carry a conversation about the guy's music.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited July 2016
This discussion has been closed.