Options

Gretchen Carlson suing Roger Ailes

Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,961
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/gretchen-carlson-sues-roger-ailes-sexual-harrassment

Good for her!! Court filing at link
Gretchen Carlson, until last month a Fox News host, alleged in a lawsuit filed Wednesday that Fox News boss Roger Ailes fired her from the network after months of rebuffing his sexual advances.

The lawsuit was filed in the Superior Court of New Jersey in Bergen County, where Ailes lives. The Fox News chairman is the only person named in the suit.

According to the civil complaint, Ailes began "ostracizing, marginalizing, and shunning" Carlson when she refused to have a sexual relationship with him. When Carlson met with Ailes to discuss her treatment in September 2015, he told her, "I think you and I should have had a sexual relationship a long time ago," and said "sometimes problems are easier to solve" that way, the complaint alleged.

As a "Fox & Friends" co-host in 2009, Carlson reported co-host Steve Doocy to her supervisor for fostering a hostile work environment by engaging in a pattern of "severe and pervasive sexual harassment" of Carlson, the complaint said.

When he learned of Carlson's complaints about Doocy, Ailes slammed her as a "man hater" and advised her to learn how to "get along with the boys."

Nine months later, Carlson confirmed online that she is was no longer employed by Fox.

“We believe that Mr. Ailes’ behavior toward Gretchen, as described in the complaint, speaks volumes about what she had to endure. The evidence will show that Ailes deliberately sabotaged the career of a talented, hard-working journalist and loyal Fox News employee," Martin Hyman, an attorney representing Carlson, said in a statement to Politico.

Nancy Erika Smith, another attorney representing Carlson, said in a statement she believes Carlson "was fired from ‘Fox & Friends’ for speaking up about demeaning and discriminatory behavior on and off the set."

Carlson was a former co-host of "Fox & Friends" and anchored her own afternoon news show, "The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson."

TPM reached out to Fox News for comment but did not immediately hear back.
Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,157
    this is big.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,001

this is big.

I think that's exactly what Roger Ailes said that prompted this lawsuit.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Ain't the first time a female employee clashed with someone there. Remember Megyn Kelly debunking Karl Rove's math on Election Day 2012?
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    did u see what Megyn had on last night? WOWZERS!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I58wN2FCAc

PS Ailes is only doing what Les Moonves did with Julie Chen and Greenspan did to sexi Andrea lol
    Weirdo pervs them all
  • Options
    this is not the channel 4 news team featuring ron burgungy and champ kind. this is the biggest juggernaut in cable news.

will be interesting to see how the network covers this. my bet is they outright dismiss it as being attention seeking from a has been anchor.

would love to see kelly's view on this.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/gretchen-carlson-roger-ailes-fox-news-1201851105/
    Beginning in 2014, according to a person familiar with the lawsuit, Carlson brought her iPhone to meetings in Ailes’s office and secretly recorded him saying the kinds of things he’d been saying to her all along. ‘I think you and I should have had a sexual relationship a long time ago, and then you’d be good and better and I’d be good and better. Sometimes problems are easier to solve’ that way, he said in one conversation. ‘I’m sure you can do sweet nothings when you want to,’ he said another time.”

The report suggested Carlson may soon announce an eight-figure settlement in her legal battle. Ailes has in the recent past denied all charges against him levied by her and other women. A spokesman for Carlson’s attorneys declined to comment on the report.
    good for her....I always thought she was a dumbass on her show but I totally support her here.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    fox is going down. this will just settle carlson's suit. it says nothing of the other suits.

how the hell can ailes be forced out at fox and fall upwards to become a presidential campaign advisor??? would never ever happen to anybody else accused of such things.

• Options

fox is going down. this will just settle carlson's suit. it says nothing of the other suits.

how the hell can ailes be forced out at fox and fall upwards to become a presidential campaign advisor??? would never ever happen to anybody else accused of such things.

Some people who handle classified information carelessly go to prison and others run for president. Crazy times indeed.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    Fox News Will Pay Gretchen Carlson $20 Million To Settle Sexual Harassment Suit
    http://n.pr/2c9PkfX
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,764

On the surface , the problem with this is Fox News wasnt named in the lawsuit , only Ailes. Yet its they who are paying and have made the public apology. Not a word from him that I have seen or heard.
    Now its probable his contract had language and protections from lawsuits written in to benifit him this way , but frankly I dont see this as a win for her. Its a pay off.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    mickeyrat said:

On the surface , the problem with this is Fox News wasnt named in the lawsuit , only Ailes. Yet its they who are paying and have made the public apology. Not a word from him that I have seen or heard.
    Now its probable his contract had language and protections from lawsuits written in to benifit him this way , but frankly I dont see this as a win for her. Its a pay off.
    I read that he has to pay a portion of it. Fox will pay the most but he's not getting off completely.

And while I'm not a fan, I still say good for you, Gretchen. Supposedly she starting taking her iPhone to meetings with him and recording his lewd suggestions.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Greta Van Susteran just left Fox....what's going on there?

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,764

she backed him. and basically stated that shit wasnt a common occurance or wasnt the culture there.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Kind of sucks that fox is going to pay some of that 20mil. I thought Gretchen would make ailes pay every cent.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    Sexually harass = $40 million
    Get sexually harassed = $20 million
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

she backed him. and basically stated that shit wasnt a common occurance or wasnt the culture there.
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/devastating-greta-van-susteren-post-shames-fox-news-for-letting-sex-harasser-roger-ailes-run-rampant/

Not a backer....

• Options
    At the start of the 5/13/22 Oakland show, eddie dedicated it to Gretchen. Curious - does anyone know if this was for Gretchen Carlson and her recent bipartisan bills passed? Thanks.