Options

Police shooting people.....

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    New video out. You can see the gun in his pocket afterwards. You cant see if he was going for it during the struggle though. Its a shame no matter what because i have not known that city to have racial problems like this. I even know the corner where it happened. Just a bad deal all around. IMO I think the cops probably overreacted at the actual sight of his gun and the fact that he was resisting. They were already aware he had one since the call was about him threatening someone with a gun. A woman was just shot near the protest site so that will tell you that its in a bad part of town

The media loves this stuff though. We're going to see a lot of ignorance on both sides. The two cops will be the bad guys to some and angels to others. And while the man killed was a sex offender with a violent arrest record (at least 17 arrests) he'll also be a sweet caring man in the headlines. Certain background info will not be reported because it hurts the hype. How people can rush and defend ANYONE yet is beyond me. If its clearly the cops fault take action quickly (please!) and throw their asses in jail.

• Options

New video out. You can see the gun in his pocket afterwards. You cant see if he was going for it during the struggle though. Its a shame no matter what because i have not known that city to have racial problems like this. I even know the corner where it happened. Just a bad deal all around. IMO I think the cops probably overreacted at the actual sight of his gun and the fact that he was resisting. They were already aware he had one since the call was about him threatening someone with a gun. A woman was just shot near the protest site so that will tell you that its in a bad part of town

The media loves this stuff though. We're going to see a lot of ignorance on both sides. The two cops will be the bad guys to some and angels to others. And while the man killed was a sex offender with a violent arrest record (at least 17 arrests) he'll also be a sweet caring man in the headlines. Certain background info will not be reported because it hurts the hype. How people can rush and defend ANYONE yet is beyond me. If its clearly the cops fault take action quickly (please!) and throw their asses in jail.

Sex offender and violent arrest record.

Got it.

Over to the 'Other Music' forum.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    bdoyle13bdoyle13 Near Toronto Posts: 36
    Hmm, Sex offender / child molester waving a gun, that he shouldn't have, in a parking lot. Police arrive try to use less lethal with two taser deployments that don't work. One officer tackles him to the ground. Now both are on him and you here "he has a gun" told not to move and is then shot.

Here's a thought don't resist, don't fight, don't be a felon with a gun, don't be a child molester.

You can argue why you've been arrested that is your right. However the place to do that is in court. Cops are always guilty until proven innocent which is a shame since they're out there protecting society from this type of dirt bag.

Now you have BLM out protesting etc. Funny they aren't protesting the 50+ people shot in Chicago last weekend. I guess BLM only when it involves Police or someone that can be sued or when it gets you more media attention.

Sad
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

And I am now going to get back to the thread subject.

If I do indeed go to The Taste of Chicago this weekend...
    I am willing to bet $1,000,000 I do not get shot by a police officer.

Well if you show up wearing a WINGER shirt Speedy you better bring your checkbook…lol
    I will be down there all week for the WASTE of Chicago, so hit me up pal. We need to catch up on fishing tales. BTW. Billy Idol is playing Sat. I think
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,793
    muskydan said:

And I am now going to get back to the thread subject.

If I do indeed go to The Taste of Chicago this weekend...
    I am willing to bet $1,000,000 I do not get shot by a police officer.

Well if you show up wearing a WINGER shirt Speedy you better bring your checkbook…lol
    I will be down there all week for the WASTE of Chicago, so hit me up pal. We need to catch up on fishing tales. BTW. Billy Idol is playing Sat. I think
    I was thinking of doing Billy Idol.
    Then my wife informed me that we have my nieces graduation party to attend. So if we go, it will be Sunday.

And for the 2nd year in a row, the perch have disappeared from Lake Michigan. Pretty fucking sad.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,708

The guy had a gun though right?

I am having a hard time faulting the police here. We can't see whether the guy was reaching for the gun or not.

The guy had a gun though right?

I am having a hard time faulting the police here. We can't see whether the guy was reaching for the gun or not.

Because he was covered by TWO cops. Gun later found STILL in his pocket.
    Still image I have seen, theres little chance , if true, for a gun to be removed and situated in a such a way to put anyone at risk much less either of these to officers.
    The one thing that seems common in many of these shootings, there is a nanosecond of time given to comply.

Frankly speaking in many instances there needs a cooler , more in command of self lead in the responding officers. These guys are way to quick to pull the trigger.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    edited July 2016
    Fucking hell this is disturbing

jesus, when the kid says 'it's ok mummy, I'm right here with you'. That just has me in fucking tears

http://www.thejournal.ie/shooting-falcon-heights-minnesota-2865746-Jul2016/?utm_source=facebook_short
    Post edited by jnimhaoileoin on
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402

jesus, when the kid says 'it's ok mummy, I'm right here with you'. That just has me in fucking tears

http://www.thejournal.ie/shooting-falcon-heights-minnesota-2865746-Jul2016/?utm_source=facebook_short

This happened 5 blocks from my house. I'm shocked and disgusted.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited July 2016
    Just another link to the latest story in Minnesota. Sheesh.

Philando Castile death: Aftermath of police shooting streamed live

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36732908?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook
  • Options
    This is an interesting article.

23 Everyday Actions Punishable by Death if You're Black in America

https://mic.com/articles/147878/23-everyday-actions-punishable-by-death-if-you-re-black-in-america#.z4fuENQll

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    this is getting BAD. what the fuck is happening in/to America? are we headed towards a new revolution?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    This is what happen when a supposed civil society allows everybody and anybody to have weapons. Guns specifically. You have thugs and paranoid cops and the mix is not a good one. Have not bothered to even read most of the comments as some on this board will blame the cops, the other have the perp and barely anybody will acknowledge that guns in society are not really needed.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    been saying it for years ... america has a race and ignorance problem ... but folks too proud or patriotic to recognize what is clearly evident ...
  • Options

Brutal.

Cold, callous, and brutal.

Wtf man?
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

been saying it for years ... america has a race and ignorance problem ... but folks too proud or patriotic to recognize what is clearly evident ...

I'm American and have been saying this too. It's easier to see the problem when you're in another country looking in, rather than immersed in it day to day. America has a pride problem, we're the "best" at everything so how dare we look at ourselves objectively and recognize ANY problems?
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

The growing body of work is tough to refute. These last two incidents are ugly.
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    I have to admit I was surprised when she said it was a Chinese officer. Chinese-American presumably, most likely born and raised in America and thus subject to American culture and norms. All the same, I suppose I would have hoped that his cultural background might have led him to take a different path....
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

pjalive21 said:

innocent until proven guilty unless you're a cop then you're guilty and in the wrong before the facts even come out...its the new fad

now if only the protesters gave two shits about all the killings that go on everyday in their neighborhoods

2000 people shot in Chicago so far this year.
    Lovely city I live in.

Hell St. Louis is a damn warzone ....compared to the population of Chicago we have a crisis here
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,600
    pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

innocent until proven guilty unless you're a cop then you're guilty and in the wrong before the facts even come out...its the new fad

now if only the protesters gave two shits about all the killings that go on everyday in their neighborhoods

Lovely city I live in.

Hell St. Louis is a damn warzone ....compared to the population of Chicago we have a crisis here
    Would imagine the troops who served in Baghdad and Fallujah would disagree
  • Options
    I

pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

Lovely city I live in.

Would imagine the troops who served in Baghdad and Fallujah would disagree
    Take what I said in context...obviously not "war" in the traditional sense
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2016
    Tomi sums up the Alton Sterling bullshit pretty well in my opinion.
    http://youtu.be/1ddt-H5twvI
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

I think it's pretty good too.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJPOWER said:

Haha, she managed to tie this to Hillary and terrorists. GOD BLESS.

What an idiot.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    PJPOWER said:

I haven't watched the video and I'm not going to.....however, what she said is about right for now.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/falcon-heights-shooting-minnesota/index.html

Overwhelmed. I started tearing up. This guy's life is ending in front of us. Ugh. Too much.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Overwhelmed. I started tearing up. This guy's life is ending in front of us. Ugh. Too much.

This is tragic nonetheless but we come into the story halfway thru it...will admit from where it starts it doesn't look good and he was licensed to carry a gun, but in this particular case I definitely need to get all the facts

this woman's poor child...now that gets me
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    Yup, absolutely terrible. This really makes me think of the whole gun ownership issue. This guy was attempting to produce his legal concealed carry papers for the cop. So apparently, as far as this cop is concerned, legal concealed carry isn't for black men.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

I did watch that one and I just don't know what to say on that shooting. I did see a stat from the video which said they've been 561 police shootings that ended in deaths so far this year.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Wife and I have been talking more the past few years about moving back to Australia. She's become increasingly upset living in the States. It's so hard for her, I can't imagine. It makes strain on our relationship. What am I supposed to say? Yeah, America is a fucked up place to live? We're raising our daughter, expecting a 2nd and worried about what kind of society they'll grow up living in, seeing. I just..it's too much. Too much right now. So upset.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Fucking heartbreaking. I just can't imagine. You could hear that dickhead cop in a lot of distress. He knows he completely fucked up. I hope he pays a huge price for taking an innocent life.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08