Police shooting people.....

1101112131416»

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited July 2016
    Ray J. T. said:

We need to see a lot more of this. These officers deserve a fucking medal and a raise! They handled themselves professionally and accordingly. After the situation and threat was neutralized, everybody was able to tell their side of the story alive. No lives were lost unnecessarily.

https://youtu.be/gsCWK4XYHV8

Actually the opposite. Whoever put him in the back should be fired or seriously reprimanded for not properly searching him first. Put his partner's life in danger too.
    But it does show you how careful they need to be and how fast things can go wrong.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Ray J. T. said:

We need to see a lot more of this. These officers deserve a fucking medal and a raise! They handled themselves professionally and accordingly. After the situation and threat was neutralized, everybody was able to tell their side of the story alive. No lives were lost unnecessarily.

Holy hell.
    Ray J. T. said:

That's nuts, the dude was fucked up and they handled that very well... Aside from the fact that they put him in the back of the car without taking his gun first lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Ray J. T. said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

I believe it, there are a ton of officers out there that only hit the gun range when they have to renew certification. I'm blown away at how bad some of them shoot. It's not all entirety their fault, though. During ammo shortages, some agencies around here have relied on local reloaders to supply them with practice ammo. Some just aren't interested in firearm proficiency...which is a dumb thing in that line of work.
    PJPOWER said:

I believe it, there are a ton of officers out there that only hit the gun range when they have to renew certification. I'm blown away at how bad some of them shoot. It's not all entirety their fault, though. During ammo shortages, some agencies around here have relied on local reloaders to supply them with practice ammo. Some just aren't interested in firearm proficiency...which is a dumb thing in that line of work.
    So why did they handcuff him? Little bit of a hole in the story...
    No clue, sounds like these particular individuals aren't very good at their job. Maybe that city should address crisis response as well as firearm proficiency training. The shooting was probably something as stupid as accidental discharge and they panicked? No excuses though, if I were to accidentally discharge a firearm and injure an innocent person, I would fully expect to be investigated and charged. Will they be?
    If this is the excuse we are going to use for this officer, than this shithead is clearly not fit to be an officer. Some people really need to think about the line of work they are getting themselves into. Its not for everybody. At the end of the day there is no room for panic in the sense that it is going to keep you from conducting your job correctly, safely, and professionally. This a profession that requires an immense amount of attention to detail as lives hang in the balance of your decision making and judgment skills. A fireman arriving to a scene of a fire can not panic and begin to concern himself with amount of danger he has just arrived to. Lives are now being depended on fire personnel on scene to conduct themselves professionally and safely so that everyone gets to go home injury free, after it is all said and done. Its what you signed up for. This officer in particular does not display the characteristics of what it takes to be on the job.
    You are not going to get any argument from me. Many organizations have lowered their physical, mental, and intellectual standards. The best place to see that is with what's happening within the military. For what reasons, political correctness, funding, education?
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857

Ray J. T. said:

Holy hell.
    mace1229 said:

Ray J. T. said:

Actually the opposite. Whoever put him in the back should be fired or seriously reprimanded for not properly searching him first. Put his partner's life in danger too.
    Actually I had been thinking the same thing. why wasn't he searched? why wasn't he handcuffed? but yet again we don't know the entire story. He might of not necessarily been detained, or arrested. I have a hard time believing that if he truly was detained or arrested, he would have been searched and cuffed from the beginning. He might of just been a CI. Who knows. All I am trying to say is that everybody was able to tell their side of the story, and no one died.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJPOWER said:

Ray J. T. said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

No clue, sounds like these particular individuals aren't very good at their job. Maybe that city should address crisis response as well as firearm proficiency training. The shooting was probably something as stupid as accidental discharge and they panicked? No excuses though, if I were to accidentally discharge a firearm and injure an innocent person, I would fully expect to be investigated and charged. Will they be?
    If this is the excuse we are going to use for this officer, than this shithead is clearly not fit to be an officer. Some people really need to think about the line of work they are getting themselves into. Its not for everybody. At the end of the day there is no room for panic in the sense that it is going to keep you from conducting your job correctly, safely, and professionally. This a profession that requires an immense amount of attention to detail as lives hang in the balance of your decision making and judgment skills. A fireman arriving to a scene of a fire can not panic and begin to concern himself with amount of danger he has just arrived to. Lives are now being depended on fire personnel on scene to conduct themselves professionally and safely so that everyone gets to go home injury free, after it is all said and done. Its what you signed up for. This officer in particular does not display the characteristics of what it takes to be on the job.
    You are not going to get any argument from me. Many organizations have lowered their physical, mental, and intellectual standards. The best place to see that is with what's happening within the military. For what reasons, political correctness, funding, education?
    You are looking for political reasons that for your worldview when the answer is far more simple.
    People are less inclined to be soldiers and police officers nowadays for lots of reasons.
    Applicant numbers are way down and so the have to lower standards to fill the ranks.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    edited July 2016
    PJPOWER said:

Ray J. T. said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Why the hell is it that the minimum requirements to do this job is a level of high school education? Any shithead with a GED can apply for this field? There is much more that should go into getting into this line of work. How is it that any kid out of high school is mature enough to handle the real world like that? Most kids out of high school don't know their head from their ass.
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

Ray J. T. said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

You are looking for political reasons that for your worldview when the answer is far more simple.
    People are less inclined to be soldiers and police officers nowadays for lots of reasons.
    Applicant numbers are way down and so the have to lower standards to fill the ranks.
    Or increase the incintives. I like that approach better than lowering standards. The more incentives you have, the more competition there will be among applicants. The military is a whole different beast. I believe most of the lowered standards can be traced to political issues on that front. I still think that the majority of officers that get into that line of work are more than qualified for the job, but minimum requirements being lowered is where you will see the results of poor decision making skills.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    i had about four paragraphs about Baton Rouge but i deleted it. Its hard to explain something when its so close to you. I've been to that convenience store where that piece of shit killed those cops about 20 times already in 2016. Such a good community.

Funny how the media isnt showing the hundreds of blacks who came to BRPD this week to drop off flowers and food to police officers. Doesnt fit the narrative of us vs them i guess. This community will recover. Lost three fantastic heroes last week.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Visited the scene of the crime today. Terribly sad. People on their knees crying where those cops were killed.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    pjalive21 said:
    Watched the live press conference here. It's a good move for all involved. Let a jury decide the facts in a court of law. Keeps the civil unrest at bay, which is good for the police and community.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    i've lived in both Southern Cal and Texas and I can tell you the cops in both places are mostly assholes. In Texas, they sit around pointing radar guns at people on the highways while burglaries are being committed in the neighborhoods they are actually tasked to protect. This is just the tip of the iceberg. In San Diego they would follow me around on my skateboard waiting for me to get off the sidewalk so they could write me a citation for skateboarding on the street. fuckheads
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2016
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

Ray J. T. said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

I think it's even simpler. The main reason there are less applicants is because the pay doesn't fit the job. It's too low considering the type of work, hours, danger, and the fact that the job requires people who aren't uneducated idiots and who can think critically (since we're now seeing the results of that). I know it's tax payer money, but damn, if there was ever a good place for tax revenue to go, this would be it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata