Options

No Code and Yield - 24bit Versions Now Available - Update: 192kHz/24bit files coming 8/5 (9/2 now?)

2»

Comments

• Options
    AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262

AAJC said:

MedozK said:

demetrios said:

AAJC said:

Both albums will be out at 192kHz/24bit high-resolution on 8/5. Can't wait!!!

I'm more like Michael in the image. Very reluctant till I hear it.
    192 kHz is overkill. Waste of space.
    Feel free to convert them to 96/24 when/if you get them.
    96 kHz is also a waste of space. Unless you're an animal that can hear frequencies as high as 48 kHz.
    Feel free to convert them to 256kbps MP3s. Enjoy!
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Hopefully they are not upconverting 256kbps MP3s to 192kHz/24bit files.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,697
    MedozK said:

• Options
    demetrios said:

MedozK said:

Ya, no, that would not happen. hahaha.
  • Options
    A month to go. Can't wait! :)

• Options
    demetrios said:

I know. I can't wait either. Part of me is a bit worried that Canadians won't get the opportunity to own the highest resolution available, much the same as Vs and Vitalogy.

AC
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    AAJC said:

demetrios said:

I know. I can't wait either. Part of me is a bit worried that Canadians won't get the opportunity to own the highest resolution available, much the same as Vs and Vitalogy.

AC
    Don't worry about it. If it's only sold exclusively to USA and not available for us here in Canada to purchase, we'll asked our friends in the USA to purchase it for us and they can just upload / share the digital download copies with us. ;) It does suck these record companies exclude Canada from their releases. And the band & record companies wonder why their profits are down? This is one reason. Keeping the product exclusive to one country while there is demand for it, outside the USA.
  • Options
    With the delay of the reissue vinyl of No Code, Yield and the 7" singles till September 2nd, doubt Pono will put up the 192kHz Flac files on August 5th now. D'oh!
  • Options
    demetrios said:

With the delay of the reissue vinyl of No Code, Yield and the 7" singles till September 2nd, doubt Pono will put up the 192kHz Flac files on August 5th now. D'oh!

Pono is in the dark at the moment. They've lost their distributor of digital content and likely won't be back online until September (my best guess), so they definitely won't have them. Maybe HDTracks. Is the delay vinyl only?
  • Options
    AAJC said:

demetrios said:

Pono is in the dark at the moment. They've lost their distributor of digital content and likely won't be back online until September (my best guess), so they definitely won't have them. Maybe HDTracks. Is the delay vinyl only?
    D'oh!!!!!! If HDTracks sells them, they will be USA only. When Lightning Bolt was released I was able to purchase the 24Bit Flac @ HDTracks the first very day. A week later, they made all their Pearl Jam releases USA only. Totally blows! It's a digital download for cripes sake. I can buy the physical CD, Vinyl, Cassette, DVD, Blu-ray, 8-Track, Laser Disc, VCD, VHS etc.. all that are Made in the USA, here in Canada, but oh no, Canadians are forbidden to give us their money to purchase digital downloads. And the bands wonder why their album sales are low. It's because of companies like this who exclude their product outside the USA. Especially a product that's seriously .. a digital format.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

AAJC said:

demetrios said:

D'oh!!!!!! If HDTracks sells them, they will be USA only. When Lightning Bolt was released I was able to purchase the 24Bit Flac @ HDTracks the first very day. A week later, they made all their Pearl Jam releases USA only. Totally blows! It's a digital download for cripes sake. I can buy the physical CD, Vinyl, Cassette, DVD, Blu-ray, 8-Track, Laser Disc, VCD, VHS etc.. all that are Made in the USA, here in Canada, but oh no, Canadians are forbidden to give us their money to purchase digital downloads. And the bands wonder why their album sales are low. It's because of companies like this who exclude their product outside the USA. Especially a product that's seriously .. a digital format.
    I use the Google Chrome add-on Hola and it allows me to purchase whatever I want from HDTracks. It's free, it works great, and I get what I want when I want. I have the 24bit (albeit 44.1kHz) already, so I'll wait until Pono is back up and running to get my "Pono Promise" upgrade (free upgrade to 192/24). Just hope I get the vinyl from 10C before Xmas. LOL.
  • Options
    AAJC said:

demetrios said:

AAJC said:

demetrios said:

I use the Google Chrome add-on Hola and it allows me to purchase whatever I want from HDTracks. It's free, it works great, and I get what I want when I want. I have the 24bit (albeit 44.1kHz) already, so I'll wait until Pono is back up and running to get my "Pono Promise" upgrade (free upgrade to 192/24). Just hope I get the vinyl from 10C before Xmas. LOL.
    Nice!! Does the add-on Hola also work with digital downloads exclusively on Pono USA? Might have to try this out on FireFox ..https://hola.org/firefox . Vinyl is pushed back till September 2nd. So if they ship by then and there's no Canada Post strike, I'm guessing by Halloween. Tops!

After today's announcement ..

Looks like Canada Post will be very VERY busy especially in Ontario.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

AAJC said:

demetrios said:

AAJC said:

demetrios said:

Nice!! Does the add-on Hola also work with digital downloads exclusively on Pono USA? Might have to try this out on FireFox ..https://hola.org/firefox . Vinyl is pushed back till September 2nd. So if they ship by then and there's no Canada Post strike, I'm guessing by Halloween. Tops!

After today's announcement ..

Looks like Canada Post will be very VERY busy especially in Ontario.
    I tired using Hola with Pono and it didn't work as I believe it's linked to your credit card address that's on file. Too bad about the vinyl being pushed back, but what can you do. At least they're coming out! :)
  • Options
    They are up now over @ Acoustic Sounds. $24.98 each

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/117159/Pearl_Jam-No_Code-FLAC_192kHz24bit_Download
    Total download size: 1.90GB Total play length: 49:34
    Cover art included, liner notes not included

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/117144/Pearl_Jam-Yield-FLAC_192kHz24bit_Download
    Total download size: 1.90GB Total play length: 48:29
    Cover art included, liner notes not included
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    "HD" music is so over priced it's crazy. Especially when the OG CDs sound better.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,469
    $25 for bloated audio files when you can get the vinyl for less? Wow, no wonder the Pono has failed to catch on.
  • Options
    Available in Audiophile 192kHz/24bit & 96kHz/24bit

No Code .. http://www.hdtracks.com/catalog/product/view/id/326741/
    Yield .. http://www.hdtracks.com/catalog/product/view/id/326727/

"This product is not currently available due to region restrictions."

That's ok. I already downloaded them some where's else, and I live in Canada! :)

• Options
    Waiting on my Pono Promise for a free upgrade. Also waiting on Pono coming back online. LOL
  • Options
    AAJC said:

Waiting on my Pono Promise for a free upgrade. Also waiting on Pono coming back online. LOL

I wonder if Neil just gave up. Haven't heard an update in a while now.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,088
    demetrios said:

That's ok. I already downloaded them some where's else, and I live in Canada! :)

haha yah.... they don't really win by region blocking things do they :)
  • Options
    demetrios said:

AAJC said:

I wonder if Neil just gave up. Haven't heard an update in a while now.
    There's been an update on the Pono Music page saying that they're still working on it:

"Progress continues to move the PonoMusic store to a new content partner, 7Digital. We are in the midst of doing all of the needed engineering work to enable that.. Once completed, you'll have the ability to purchase our music in the US and Canada again and we will have the ability to begin expansion to other countries. This remains the top priority for the PonoMusic team, and we appreciate your continued support during this transition."
  • Options
    Zod said:

demetrios said:

I used the Chrome add-on called Hola and was able to download music from HDTracks from Canada.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    AAJC said:

Zod said:

demetrios said:

I used the Chrome add-on called Hola and was able to download music from HDTracks from Canada.
    Might try it out but damn Chrome totally hogs up RAM. I don't like using it. I love using FireFox. Can't remember if there's a Hola add-on for it. It just sucks the majority of HD albums on HDTracks exclude Canada.

I mean seriously take the Canadian band Rush. Folks in Canada can't purchase this digital download. Region restrictions for Canadians to purchase Canadian music. :/

Post edited by demetrios on