Options

Should the US institute a ban on assault weapons.

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No

The principle of the outdated 2nd Ammendment is what lead to this countries independence.

thumbs up

Godfather.

• Options
    No
    pjhawks said:

who said I was against disarming criminals ?
    Hitler wiped thousands with gas after he disarmed them, I'm not comparing Obama or Hillary to Hitler but I am pointing out that guns were confiscated before the hell that came.

Godfather.

i can't imagine living in the crazy delusional world that your mind clearly occupies.
    yeah...for me it's not easy living among the sheep, folks like yourself who will give up any freedoms necessary....talk about delusional worlds.

Godfather.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Yes

pjhawks said:

Hitler wiped thousands with gas after he disarmed them, I'm not comparing Obama or Hillary to Hitler but I am pointing out that guns were confiscated before the hell that came.

Godfather.

i can't imagine living in the crazy delusional world that your mind clearly occupies.
    yeah...for me it's not easy living among the sheep, folks like yourself who will give up any freedoms necessary....talk about delusional worlds.

Godfather.
    that doesn't even make sense. generally referring to someone as a "sheep" is because they follow the status quo out of fear and/or ignorance and/or absence of individual thought. which is what you want.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    No

pjhawks said:

Godfather.

Godfather.
    that doesn't even make sense. generally referring to someone as a "sheep" is because they follow the status quo out of fear and/or ignorance and/or absence of individual thought. which is what you want.
    well then dam-it......all the sheep get in line and follow me !!!!!! LOL !!!!!!!

Godfather.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    Yes
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

Godfather.

OH BOY.
    internet "facts" strike again. what was the image.on the meme you pulled this from?
    huh??
    hes pulling bullshit from fb memes, fox,the nra,brietbart.....

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/11/stop_talking_about_hitler/#
    Joe the plumber is still a thing? Wtf?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    Yes

pjhawks said:

Godfather.

Godfather.
    ironic coming from the guy who wants to take away the freedom of millions of people living in the US already because of their religious affiliation.

and can you tell me what freedom of yours has been taken away recently or even in the last 8 years? what can't you do today that you couldn't do 8 years ago (other than maybe discriminate against LGBT people)?

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    other

The principle of the outdated 2nd Ammendment is what lead to this countries independence.

thumbs up

Godfather.

The principle of a partially implemented and incorrectly interpreted 2nd amendment is what led to the violence we see today.

Scalias majority opinion totally disregards the opening words of the 2nd.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504
    edited June 2016
    No
    mickeyrat said:

thumbs up

Godfather.

The principle of a partially implemented and incorrectly interpreted 2nd amendment is what led to the violence we see today.

Violence was here before the second amendment and would still be here if there were not a second amendment. The second amendment never caused any violence. People using free will cause violence.
  • Options
    No
    mickeyrat said:

thumbs up

Godfather.

bullshit.

Godfather.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    other

mickeyrat said:

thumbs up

Godfather.

bullshit.

Godfather.

no, Scalia totally disregarding the first part of the second is whats bullshit.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    other
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

thumbs up

Godfather.

bullshit.

Godfather.

Speaking of bullshit :) These dudes do a pretty good job of summing it up.
    http://youtu.be/Hx23c84obwQ
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    other
    PJPOWER said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

thumbs up

Godfather.

bullshit.

Godfather.

Speaking of bullshit :) These dudes do a pretty good job of summing it up.
    http://youtu.be/Hx23c84obwQ
    I can't watch the video, but the 2nd amendment is bullshit.
    "Well-regulated" and "shall not be infringed" are self-contradictory.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    No
    man I'm glad the rest of the country don't think like you guy's ! HAHHAHHAHHAHHA !!!!

Godfather.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Yes

man I'm glad the rest of the country don't think like you guy's ! HAHHAHHAHHAHHA !!!!

Godfather.

Most of America actually doesn't think that way. It's just that the Republican politicians are being bought off, which I gather you are totally cool with.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    No
    PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Most of American actually doesn't think that way. It's just that the Republican politicians are being bought off, which I gather you are totally cool with.

psssssssssst....don't say anything but they're all being bought off...shhhhhhhhhh !

vote Trump !

Godfather.

• Options
    Yes

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Most of American actually doesn't think that way. It's just that the Republican politicians are being bought off, which I gather you are totally cool with.

psssssssssst....don't say anything but they're all being bought off...shhhhhhhhhh !

vote Trump !

Godfather.

:confused: It's not a secret that the NRA is buying off Republicans - no need to be quiet about it!
  • Options
    No
    you don't think all these career politician's that have been involved for any amount of time aren't on the take some how do ya ? they all got something going on and if they don't they don't last...the Clinton's ring any bells ?

Godfather.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Yes

you don't think all these career politician's that have been involved for any amount of time aren't on the take some how do ya ? they all got something going on and if they don't they don't last...the Clinton's ring any bells ?

Godfather.

No I don't think that. Almost all politicians are corrupt. We need to base our political opinions and choices on what they're corrupt about vs what they're not corrupt about, and to what length their corruption goes, if any, on a given issue. It's all relative.
    But I would say that Republicans raking in cash from the NRA while Americans are being mowed down and 90% of Americans want change is a pretty severe instance.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    No
    PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

No I don't think that. Almost all politicians are corrupt. We need to base our political opinions and choices on what they're corrupt about vs what they're not corrupt about, and to what length their corruption goes, if any, on a given issue. It's all relative.
    you mean pick the lesser of evil's ? our government is sad shape.

Godfather.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Yes

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

you mean pick the lesser of evil's ? our government is sad shape.

Godfather.

Yes, of course - people have been picking the lesser of two or more evils pretty much since "democracy" became a thing. It's nothing new. There is an exception maybe once or twice in a generation, but for the most part, they're all slime.
  • Options
    No
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

vote Trump !

Godfather.

:confused: It's not a secret that the NRA is buying off Republicans - no need to be quiet about it!
    so who's buying off the Dem's ? big oil ? corporate giant's ? some celeb's even buy a little political clout and if the NRA is buying politician or two....GREAT !!!! that's one for the good guy's

Godfather.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Yes

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

vote Trump !

Godfather.

so who's buying off the Dem's ? big oil ? corporate giant's ? some celeb's even buy a little political clout and if the NRA is buying politician or two....GREAT !!!! that's one for the good guy's

Godfather.
    FTR, the NRA isn't the only lobby that is buying Republicans... just in case you got that into your head somehow. I never know with you.
  • Options
    No
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

vote Trump !

Godfather.

Godfather.
    FTR, the NRA isn't the only lobby that is buying Republicans... just in case you got that into your head somehow. I never know with you.
    ahhahahahha true enough, but really most responsible gun owners (millions) don't have a problem with wider back ground checks, I believe the other stuff they add into the bill that gets people pissed off, personally I think wider back ground checks are a no brainer although I don't agree with an "assault weapons" ban, if there is a ban on assault rifles where will it end ? any semi automatic hand gun ? then a law allowing only X amount of guns per house hold ? then a complete gun ban ?

Godfather.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    No

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

vote Trump !

Godfather.

Godfather.
    ahhahahahha true enough, but really most responsible gun owners (millions) don't have a problem with wider back ground checks, I believe the other stuff they add into the bill that gets people pissed off, personally I think wider back ground checks are a no brainer although I don't agree with an "assault weapons" ban, if there is a ban on assault rifles where will it end ? any semi automatic hand gun ? then a law allowing only X amount of guns per house hold ? then a complete gun ban ?

Godfather.

that's what i've been saying for years. I have no problem with multiple background checks just don't ban anything. first it's semi automatic scary weapons, then handguns, then shotguns, then 5 round mags.....before long all I'll have is a bolt action .410 lol.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

vote Trump !

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

that's what i've been saying for years. I have no problem with multiple background checks just don't ban anything. first it's semi automatic scary weapons, then handguns, then shotguns, then 5 round mags.....before long all I'll have is a bolt action .410 lol.
    why don't we just ban manufacture and sale of ammo? make ammo more difficult to get.

That way people can have all the guns they want, and then they need to pass a background check to buy ammo. and once they can buy ammo it has to be done in person, with valid id, at a gun store. no online sales where people can hide their motives and true identity. no sales across state borders.

if people don't want any guns banned, we have to control the ammo supply.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    No

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

vote Trump !

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

why don't we just ban manufacture and sale of ammo? make ammo more difficult to get.

That way people can have all the guns they want, and then they need to pass a background check to buy ammo. and once they can buy ammo it has to be done in person, with valid id, at a gun store. no online sales where people can hide their motives and true identity. no sales across state borders.

sure man because nobody knows how to reload ammo.......are you out of your cotton pickin mind ????

Godfather.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    Yes

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

vote Trump !

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

sure man because nobody knows how to reload ammo.......are you out of your cotton pickin mind ????

Godfather.

nope. we need to regulate the ammo.

if guns are not the problem, the ammo is. we can't infringe on the right to have guns, but we can limit the amount of ammo people can buy and we can regulate how and where they can get it from.

we regulate fireworks for fucks sake, why can't we regulate ammo?

you can keep your guns. but you have to drive your ass to the local gun store, pass your background check, buy your ammo from that store in limited quantities. no online sales, no shipping. you have to buy it with your credit or debit card so there is a record of the purchase.

if people don't have anything to hide and if they want to shoot their guns, they have to put in a little effort. this will make it harder for the the crazy people to go out and murder a bunch of people.

if you could only purchase a limited supply of ammo you will have to be judicious with how you use it. there will be no wasted shots. if the person can actually shoot there will be less bystanders being hit.

just my opinion.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    No

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

vote Trump !

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

if guns are not the problem, the ammo is. we can't infringe on the right to have guns, but we can limit the amount of ammo people can buy and we can regulate how and where they can get it from.

you can keep your guns. but you have to drive your ass to the local gun store, pass your background check, buy your ammo from that store in limited quantities. no online sales, no shipping. you have to buy it with your credit or debit card so there is a record of the purchase.

if people don't have anything to hide and if they want to shoot their guns, they have to put in a little effort. this will make it harder for the the crazy people to go out and murder a bunch of people.

if you could only purchase a limited supply of ammo you will have to be judicious with how you use it. there will be no wasted shots. if the person can actually shoot there will be less bystanders being hit.

just my opinion.
    In New Jersey you have to obtain a firearm identification card to buy handgun ammunition. In order to get a firearm Id card you need to get fingerprinted, criminal background check, mental health background check, two non family references, employer contacted and then must fill out a referral.
    Not a bad idea bud but online sales are nice since I can usually get free shipping and cheaper prices.
    But yeah, you can reload lol.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

vote Trump !

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

i love this narrative from gun owners. why do you think one regulation would lead to eventual total banning of all guns? it's just an absurd notion that the NRA and gun lobbyists have put out there that is just totally false. has there been any product we have done this with in America in the last 50 years or so? come on it's just idiotic scare tactics and people (some here clearly) are eating it up.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited June 2016
    other

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

vote Trump !

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

just my opinion.
    Most of the people that I know that do a lot of hunting or target shooting reload their own ammo (police officers included). Pretty simple machining process and you can create up to 1000 rounds an hour depending on the setup. The higher the prices get, the more people start learning how to create their own (once again, prohibition does not work). How exactly are you going to track that?
    Your last paragraph points to people practicing less. The less you practice, the less accurate you shoot...
    Post edited by PJPOWER on