Terrorist Shooting In Orlando, FL

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

Even with a metal detector, at that point, I'm not sure what good it would have done.

My heart goes out to those people who were fucking ambushed, and those mourning them this morning.

from what I've read an officer engaged him outside the club; the shooter then went into the club.
    what the hell kind of device did he have? are there know suicide bombers active in the u.s.?! fuck
    Early reports are calling that "device" an assault weapon.
    Early reports also list Omar Mir Seddique Mateen as a registered Democrat.
    Was it the democrat membership that allowed him to murder 50 plus people?

Assault weapon defenders have blood on their hands again today.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    He also wore a suicide vest, according to what I've heard thus far.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    hedonist said:

We should probably make those illegal...so people cannot get their hands on them...
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627
    PJPOWER said:

hedonist said:

We should probably make those illegal...so people cannot get their hands on them...
    I would be okay if vests were illegal. Also cardigans, cumberbunds, tails and most especially bow ties.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

Even with a metal detector, at that point, I'm not sure what good it would have done.

My heart goes out to those people who were fucking ambushed, and those mourning them this morning.

from what I've read an officer engaged him outside the club; the shooter then went into the club.
    what the hell kind of device did he have? are there know suicide bombers active in the u.s.?! fuck

All weapons can technically be described as an assault weapon. It hasn't been reported as of yet what the make and model of the gun was or how it was purchased. Important details to know before we claim who has blood on their hands.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

All weapons can technically be described as an assault weapon. It hasn't been reported as of yet what the make and model of the gun was or how it was purchased. Important details to know before we claim who has blood on their hands.
    Maybe it was a knife? Maybe he killed 50 plus people with his bare hands? We don't really know yet do we?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    edited June 2016
    three days ago.....

Major Muslim Terrorists Makes This Declaration To All Americans: We Are Coming After You, We Will Attack Florida And Slaughter Americans There

by Ted on June 9, 2016 in Featured, General
    By Theodore Shoebat

ISIS Muslim terrorists released a statement on their plan to attack Florida, and even put out a list with the names of people in Florida that they plan on killing. According to one report:

A pro-Isis group has released a hit list with the names of more than 8,000 peoplemostly Americans.

More than 600-people live in Florida, and one security expert believes that many of those targeted live in Palm Beach County and on the Treasure Coast.

The “United Cyber Caliphate” that hacked U.S. Central Command, 54,000 Twitter accounts and threatened President Barack Obama is the same pro-Isis group that’s reportedly created a “kill list” with the names, addresses and emails of thousands of civilian Americans.

Reports of the list came to light online when Vocativ reported the list was shared via the encrypted app, Telegram, and called on supporters to kill.

Former FBI agent-turned lawyer Stuart Kaplan says the threat is especially alarming, because the people on this list are civilians who don’t have the security necessary to protect themselves.

“It’s going to create some hysteria,” he said.

Kaplan believes civilians from our community are on the list.

“I would suspect a head of a hospital or, perhaps, a local community leader. Those are the individuals that may appear on the list–or just a local banker or local school teacher–someone who, for some reason, was in the public eye.”

Kaplan is concerned the list will inspire “lone wolf” style attacks.

“If in fact a sympathizer gets ahold of this list and is readily able to identify you as being his neighbor and, then, decides (because they’re a sympathizer) to go out and do something horrific to you, there is no way to calculate the potential or to prevent that.”

The list has not yet been made public.

We reached out to the FBI, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office and Martin County Sheriff’s Office to see how credible they view the threat and what action they might be taking.

We are awaiting their response.

According to the Martin County Sheriffs office,the FBI is aware of this and the agency will work closely with the Joint-Terrorism Task Force to keep citizens safe.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    PJPOWER said:

hedonist said:

Bombs filled vests aren't illegal in the US??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

hedonist said:

There was sarcasm in that post...do I really have to explain that? Seriously!?!? Of course they are illegal! Did that stop him from strapping one on? It was my poke at those saying more gun laws would prevent this type of thing.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

Maybe it was a knife? Maybe he killed 50 plus people with his bare hands? We don't really know yet do we?
    Well we know it was a gun. What kind of gun though? How was it obtained? These things matter before we jump to general gun control conclusions. We also know it was inspired by Islamic Radicalism and that the gunman was known to authorities. We know he drove 2 plus hours to specifically attack a soft target. Could earlier profiling of this individual prevented this tragedy or would that have offended your progressive sensibilities? Could a gun in the hand of a security guard prevented this massacre or would that have offended your naive wish for a violent free world? There is a lot we still don't know for you to put "blood on people's hands". As far as I'm concerened the blood is on the hands of the attacker and those who shield his ideology from being confronted.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

hedonist said:

There was sarcasm in that post...do I really have to explain that? Seriously!?!? Of course they are illegal! Did that stop him from strapping one on? It was my poke at those saying more gun laws would prevent this type of thing.
    It's just that it's such a lame defence.

An assault rifle worked exactly how it was designed- killing many people in close contact in an urban setting and in rapid style- and people are sensitive to others being critical of such a weapon.

No. No, I'm afraid after defending the value of such a weapon and its place in your society... you'll have to look at your shoes and scuff the ground today.

I wonder if he bought it at a discount at the Big 5 Sporting Goods? Or won it as a door prize at a golf tournament? Or found it at a garage sale? Just curious and wondering aloud... I know it adds nothing to the discussion.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

Well we know it was a gun. What kind of gun though? How was it obtained? These things matter before we jump to general gun control conclusions. We also know it was inspired by Islamic Radicalism and that the gunman was known to authorities. We know he drove 2 plus hours to specifically attack a soft target. Could earlier profiling of this individual prevented this tragedy or would that have offended your progressive sensibilities? Could a gun in the hand of a security guard prevented this massacre or would that have offended your naive wish for a violent free world? There is a lot we still don't know for you to put "blood on people's hands". As far as I'm concerened the blood is on the hands of the attacker and those who shield his ideology from being confronted.
    Exactly! Well stated!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    50 dead..
    How many fucked up munds are out there??
    So sad..so many innocents
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

hedonist said:

I will never assume to know where you are coming from TBH.
    Whether or not this could have been prevented with laws or whatever else remains to be seen. Why not just hold on to your assumptions until there are some facts to base them on (same goes for everyone else)?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    Go help out with donations!

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

Not sure if sarcasm, but Occam's razor.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

This is from the Washington Post. According to John Mina, Orlando chief of Police:

Mina said it appeared the gunman was armed with “a handgun and an AR-15-type assault rifle” and had additional rounds on him.

I guess you can retire the knife theory.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/06/12/orlando-nightclub-shooting-about-20-dead-in-domestic-terror-incident-at-gay-club/?hpid=hp_rhp-banner-main_orlandoshoot-430am:homepage/story&utm_term=.63de70b2ee28
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

This "naive progressive" is not too concerned with the views of a known chickenhawk. Yeah, that was an ad hominem and I don't really care.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

You guys should really start jumping to gun control conclusions. (instead of clinging to stuff written in the 1800s like it was the words of God)

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

This "naive progressive" is not too concerned with the views of a known chickenhawk. Yeah, that was an ad hominem and I don't really care.
    I accept the terms of your surrender.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

You guys should really start jumping to gun control conclusions. (instead of clinging to stuff written in the 1800s like it was the words of God)

Chile closing in for the lead.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick deletes "reap what you sow" tweet after mass shooting at LGBT club - Houston Chronicle

http://m.chron.com/news/article/Texas-Lt-Governor-Dan-Patrick-tweets-reap-what-8076147.php
  • Options
    Shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS apparently

• Options

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick deletes "reap what you sow" tweet after mass shooting at LGBT club - Houston Chronicle

http://m.chron.com/news/article/Texas-Lt-Governor-Dan-Patrick-tweets-reap-what-8076147.php

Article said that tweet was "pre-scheduled" prior to event. If not this guy is and should be toast.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    This is horrible and there are no clear answers as to what needs to be done to prevent massacres from happening, what do we do as a nation ? ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

First ISIS-related terrorist act in the US then?
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Uhhhh...no.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Uhhhh...no.
    ?
  • Options
    seanwonseanwon Posts: 279
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

hedonist said:

Yeah we know, you guys make this same lame comment EVERY time there is a tragedy where people get killed. Every tragedy, every article, I scroll down and see the comments from people using it to further their agenda. No concern for the lives lost. Just push the 2nd amendment agenda.
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville