2016 Pearl Jam Vault #6 Vinyl .. on sale now

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Today's the last day!
  • GT1015GT1015 Posts: 161
    My #4 vinyl had some very loud pops and was not entirely impressed with that given that I paid $50. There were no extra pictures or inserts, I was expecting more for the money. The packaging is cool but that is not enough to get me to get more. I won't buy a vault vinyl again unless it is from some show I was at or some epic show, pj20, Wrigley, something big.
  • emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Holy crap. I went to order the vault vinyl as it's the last day today. $50 + nearly $40 for the shipping to UK! Plus customs fee on top of that. So that is 70 GBP plus customs fee (which is 8 GBP flat post office fee and whatever it needs to be on top of that, lets say 15GBP altogether), which gives 85 GBP in total!

I ended up not ordering the vault this time.
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited August 2016
    GT1015 said:

My #4 vinyl had some very loud pops and was not entirely impressed with that given that I paid $50. There were no extra pictures or inserts, I was expecting more for the money. The packaging is cool but that is not enough to get me to get more. I won't buy a vault vinyl again unless it is from some show I was at or some epic show, pj20, Wrigley, something big.

There were manufacturing issues with Vault 4 I think. Wasn't that the one were a whole bunch of us had to smash the faulty records we all got and send 10C the photo of the broken vinyl and then they sent us replacement vinyl? Or was that Vault 3? I agree that the manufacturer they have been using for the Vaults could be doing a better job generally, but they specifically really fucked up one of them.
    I don't find $50 overpriced for what the Vaults are at all.... it's the shipping cost that suddenly makes them seem outrageously priced.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • sometimesicringesometimesicringe Vancouver, BC Posts: 85
    I decided to pass as well - changed my mind last night briefly, until I saw the $40 international shipping fee like the above post. Came out to almost $120 Canadian - too much for me.
    I collect everything I can get my hands on, but this show is a strange one to me - we just had a vault not too long ago, and this show has no real significance (that I am aware of). Also, the setlist is nothing spectacular.
    All in all, not worth it
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    PJ_Soul said:

GT1015 said:

There were manufacturing issues with Vault 4 I think. Wasn't that the one were a whole bunch of us had to smash the faulty records we all got and send 10C the photo of the broken vinyl and then they sent us replacement vinyl? Or was that Vault 3? I agree that the manufacturer they have been using for the Vaults could be doing a better job generally, but they specifically really fucked up one of them.
    I don't find $50 overpriced for what the Vaults are at all.... it's the shipping cost that suddenly makes them seem outrageously priced.
    Exaclty. There consistently seems to be manufacturing issues with the PJ vinyl recently. At least 10c takes care of the problem in a way that is as efficient as possible. In the end, everything was fixed. I would definitely be careful about buying any sealed Vaults, especially 4. If I didn't open mine and sold it, that buyer would have ended up with some defective records.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Vault 4 had issues that had to be fixed. I even got two A/B records and no C/D. 10C fixed it tho.

Vaults 3 and 5 were fine. Cant wait for Vault 6
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033

I decided to pass as well - changed my mind last night briefly, until I saw the $40 international shipping fee like the above post. Came out to almost $120 Canadian - too much for me.
    I collect everything I can get my hands on, but this show is a strange one to me - we just had a vault not too long ago, and this show has no real significance (that I am aware of). Also, the setlist is nothing spectacular.
    All in all, not worth it

I did buy it but it would be nice if the vault shows came with some insert explaining why the band chose a certain show. This ones a head scratcher.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    Was going to pass on this but ordered last minute. :)
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Almost ordered last minute but passing. As a Canadian with exchange and shipping I just can't do to.
    Like i said im glad that we're getting these random shows that the band is happy with. We all own MSG 9/11/98. We all own Randalls Island 96. If they do a 96 show i hope its one of the ones i didnt own.

I think someone said LA night 1 was better than night 2 performance wise.

All in all, not worth it

Red Lukin said:

Almost ordered last minute but passing. As a Canadian with exchange and shipping I just can't do to.

This is the first Pearl Jam item I had to pass up in a long, long time. And I don't pass up on anything Pearl Jam. This one, I'm ok with saying no to. Just couldn't do it for $120+ CDN for a Vault vinyl. An item that had a presale made to order for 3 months. Will just have to wait to find it cheaper along with cheap shipping somewhere else.
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,925
    boyo79 said:

With shipping, this costs £68 to order from UK. No thanks.

Until 10c gets the international shipping at a fair price, I'm out.

I was on the fence but ended up still ordering it because it was by all accounts a great show. However, if the next vault doesn't appeal so much and the shipping costs are the same then I too will give it a miss.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • I ordered two copies today (8/31) and they still went through, so maybe 8/30 isn't the drop dead date.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

Like i said im glad that we're getting these random shows that the band is happy with. We all own MSG 9/11/98. We all own Randalls Island 96. If they do a 96 show i hope its one of the ones i didnt own.

I think someone said LA night 1 was better than night 2 performance wise.

I was at both la shows and from what i remember night 1 was a tad better than night 2. Overall both shows were amazing!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited August 2016

I ordered two copies today (8/31) and they still went through, so maybe 8/30 isn't the drop dead date.

10C might have just forgotten that August has 31 days? ;)
    Actually, I could be remembering this wrong, but didn't the presale extend past the end date last year too, with no announcement? I think the assumption was that they just kept it open until they ran out rather than cutting it off on the announced date.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:

I ordered two copies today (8/31) and they still went through, so maybe 8/30 isn't the drop dead date.

10C might have just forgotten that August has 31 days? ;)
    Actually, I could be remembering this wrong, but didn't the presale extend past the end date last year too, with no announcement? I think the assumption was that they just kept it open until they ran out rather than cutting it off on the announced date.
    I believe you're right. They kept the presale running past the cutoff date. They eventually removed the presale, presumably once they hit a certain number of orders.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Anyone know when this ships?
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399

Anyone know when this ships?

Historically, December or January
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    sucks about the shipping rates to Canada. they should do something about this. no reason why our Northern friends should have to pass on this.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Would be so damn cool if some of these come randomly signed. Signatures on that black cover would be sweet
  • For those that ordered, does it still say pending in your order history. Mine does and I can't remember if that is what it is supposed to be.

For those that ordered, does it still say pending in your order history. Mine does and I can't remember if that is what it is supposed to be.

Mine says "warehouse".
    edited September 2016
    Seems like so few people bought Vault 3, everyone bought Vault 4, and then less people bought #5 than #4. This is all a guess based on Lost Dogs and ebay. Im guessing #6 will have better sales since it was a public vault.

• I bought it and can't even remember what show it is
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • So it was the preorder before..... Can I still purchase one?
    ksmit194 said:

So it was the preorder before..... Can I still purchase one?

Not anymore. https://pearljam.com/shop/music/2016-pearl-jam-vault-6-vinyl-presale is taken down.
    "Made to order" i believe even if it didnt say so on the page.
  • Irish_AenimaIrish_Aenima Memphis, TN Posts: 122
    Release date for digital?
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Release date for digital?

last time it was right around the time the LP's began to ship, so probably December
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...