Options

Raleigh Poster..Proceeds to Charity

Santos, it would be great if the Raleigh poster were to be available to 10C members and the proceeds would go to LGBT charities in NC. I lived in Charlotte for 13 years, moved to Texas for my job 2 years ago and went back to the Carolinas for the 3 shows in April. I was sad about the Raleigh cancellation, but I understand why it happened and agree with the decision.
"Hail, Hail the lucky ones...I refer to those in love"
Mansfield, MA 9/16/98, 8/29/00
Charlotte, NC 4/16/03, 10/30/13 (10th Show!!)
Atlanta, GA 4/19/03, 9/22/12
Asheville, NC 10/6/04
Columbia, SC 6/16/08, 4/21/16
Alpine Valley, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11
Greenville, SC 4/16/16

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,745
    It would be great if they had a Pearl Jam Raleigh '16 package for sale @ the 10club store where a certain percentage of funds went to LGBT charities in NC. The poster, pin & sticker all shipped in one tube.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited June 2016
    demetrios said:

It would be great if they had a Pearl Jam Raleigh '16 package for sale @ the 10club store where a certain percentage of funds went to LGBT charities in NC. The poster, pin & sticker all shipped in one tube.

Don't forget the T-Shirts...

Hopefully it's 100% of proceeds to charity

Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    what does the Raleigh look like
  • Options

Interested to know too.

I would totally be down to purchase knowing that the money would go to charity. Would even pay a markup to defer artist/10c costs. I'd get framed and hung right away, it'd be great conversation piece and a way to start dialog about the cause.
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    edited June 2016
    Here's the poster. The artist, Mike Fudge, said they'd be available through the band soon. That was maybe a month ago.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Jam-Raleigh-NC-4-20-Poster-Mike-Fudge-Signed-and-Numbered-Canceled-Show-/182154247948?nav=SEARCH
    Post edited by JDime20 on
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    demetrios said:

I really wish 10C would use bigger tubes to ship posters in. The size they sold at the shows are a good size.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    First people are talking about needing 7 inches and now people are discussing "tube" size
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849
    Please enlighten me; why do you want a poster from a canceled show? What significance does it have?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,117
    mcgruff10 said:

Please enlighten me; why do you want a poster from a canceled show? What significance does it have?

Things probably don't need significance. People collect Beanie Babies, and Im pretty sure they don't have any significance whatsoever.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    salt in the wound. Unless perhaps they were modified with cancelled stamped across it with a small message against the laws of NC and others
  • Options
    Count me in. The poster is pretty cool and if the $ goes to charity here in NC, I'm totally game!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I wont be buying it...
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    demetrios said:
    IMO this is pretty bad.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,562
    spent enough money on that trip already...
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    edited June 2016
    At the very least, everybody needs to admit that the art itself is fucking nice. had this show gone according to plan, I think this poster would have been highly desired.
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Ray J. T. said:

At the very least, everybody needs to admit that the art itself is fucking nice. had this show gone according to plan, I think this poster would have been highly desired.

Fudge did a great job, no doubt on that.
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:

personally I prefer gig posters that have something to do with the arena or location of the show... so this isn't really doing anything for me... just not getting the whole pharaoh thing I guess, but I agree that the print itself is nice
  • Options
    I guess it a nice If you are into Egyptian themed decor. Personally I think it s ugly as sin.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I guess it a nice If you are into Egyptian themed decor. Personally I think it s ugly as sin.

there are no pyramids or pharaohs in Jersey brother? lol
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    TA243471 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Things probably don't need significance. People collect Beanie Babies, and Im pretty sure they don't have any significance whatsoever.
    I have an unopened case of sheep for christssake. :rofl:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    my2hands said:

Ray J. T. said:

personally I prefer gig posters that have something to do with the arena or location of the show... so this isn't really doing anything for me... just not getting the whole pharaoh thing I guess, but I agree that the print itself is nice
    100% agree. Greenville and Columbia are pieces of art on their own merit, but not a lot of tie to the locations.
  • Options
    rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    my2hands said:

Ray J. T. said:

Was due to attend and personally would still like the poster. I was bummed no doubt the show was cancelled but I think the cancelation makes the image pertinent to what happened and NC folks rights being infringed upon. Forced legislation, without voter consent, contrary to edicts enacted by the majority of populace via high density jurisdictions.... A lone Pharoah in a dark "palace" pointing with a lone finger of enforcement behind the protection of the 2 largest armed guards around.

Hopefully Fudge is correct an a release will happen from 10C. To donate the money to folks supporting action against this crap would make me want it even more. Fingers Crossed!
  • Options
    my2hands said:

mcgruff10 said:

there are no pyramids or pharaohs in Jersey brother? lol
    There s white castles... That s probably as close to a pyramid as I can think of.
  • Options
    lugnutlugnut Asheville Posts: 67
    Nice but seems like a poster for any band or venue unless you want to interpret it as NC bathroom/throne...
  • Options
    jarkkonieminenjarkkonieminen Melbourne, Australia Posts: 126
    wbutler29 said:

my2hands said:

Ray J. T. said:

100% agree. Greenville and Columbia are pieces of art on their own merit, but not a lot of tie to the locations.
    Just read on Ken Taylor's Columbia poster that the bat had a South Carolina theme. Not sure how?

Pearl Jam
    1995: Melbourne #3
    1998: Melbourne 1,2 & 3
    2003: Sydney #1, Adelaide, Melbourne 1, 2 & 3
    2006: Melbourne #1
    2009: Melbourne
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Charlotte, Phoenix
    2014: Melbourne, Cincinnati, Memphis, Denver
    2016: Hampton, Columbia
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2
    EV
    2011: Brisbane #2
    2014: Melbourne 2 & 3
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

Ray J. T. said:

Fudge did a great job, no doubt on that.
    Indeed. Great work Mike.
  • Options

Interested to know too.

I would totally be down to purchase knowing that the money would go to charity. Would even pay a markup to defer artist/10c costs. I'd get framed and hung right away, it'd be great conversation piece and a way to start dialog about the cause.
    mcgruff10 said:

Pretty much for the reasons I stated above.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    Really hope it comes around in the shop at some point. Beautiful poster IMO by Fudge. Kinda thinking it will be the last poster they sell. And since there will be so many I think they will put out an official statement saying some (maybe all) proceeds will go to some cause or charity. I think that would be more effective than a random drop for 10C. Maybe even a mention in the next newsletter? Or who knows... Maybe a random show anouncmment and they sell them then!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

It's my hometown. That's why.

1992-8-18 Lollapalooza, Raleigh NC
    2012-11-24 Jacksonville FL, Eddie solo tour
    2012-11-25 Jacksonville FL, Eddie solo tour
    2013-10-27 Baltimore MD
    2013-10-29 Charlottesville VA
    2013-10-30 Charlotte NC
    2013=making up for lost time

[/img]