Options

Which full album show would you prefer?

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    Ray J. T. said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, with that many people at a show (Wrigley and Fenway shows), there's no WAY they are playing a full album unless they do Ten again, which I don't think they will. Too many casual fans at those shows to keep the audience's attention.

I guess that remains to be seen, after what Dimitris posted earlier today. I honestly didn't think they would do anymore the rest of the tour.
    but what he posted was a confirmation from Ed that they won't do it (at least not RA; you could argue that would extend to any of the band's albums). it's least that's how I read it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861

Ray J. T. said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, with that many people at a show (Wrigley and Fenway shows), there's no WAY they are playing a full album unless they do Ten again, which I don't think they will. Too many casual fans at those shows to keep the audience's attention.

I guess that remains to be seen, after what Dimitris posted earlier today. I honestly didn't think they would do anymore the rest of the tour.
    but what he posted was a confirmation from Ed that they won't do it (at least not RA; you could argue that would extend to any of the band's albums). it's least that's how I read it.
    I read it the other way around. I took it as in Sil was going to be happy after requesting RA, but that he wasn't sure how it was going to boil over for everybody else. But you are absolutely right. After reading it again, I see exactly what you are saying, and how it translates the other way.
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985

Ray J. T. said:

I'm in agreement with that, for the most part. A buddy of mine, however, brought to my attention that - A. This is 25 years. B. Monday is the last announced night of the year. C. Expect anything and everything on the Monday Wrigley show. I, personally, think that there's way cooler things that's could be done given that scenario - something like bringing in Cornell and Thayill and doing some TOTD stuff - but, second best would be an album show, or a special set of some sort.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    Gtilley8 said:

Ray J. T. said:

I'm in agreement with that, for the most part. A buddy of mine, however, brought to my attention that - A. This is 25 years. B. Monday is the last announced night of the year. C. Expect anything and everything on the Monday Wrigley show. I, personally, think that there's way cooler things that's could be done given that scenario - something like bringing in Cornell and Thayill and doing some TOTD stuff - but, second best would be an album show, or a special set of some sort.
    Absolutely, I had actually started a thread a few weeks ago, very similar to what you are saying. With this being the final 2 shows of the tour not to mention 25 years, and how they have been killing it night after night of the tour, What can we expect for the stadium shows? I have a pretty good feeling we will see some surprise guests. And I am sure that rain delay from 2013 is still in the back of their minds, and the feel they really have to bring it this year.
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:

Ray J. T. said:

I read it the other way around. I took it as in Sil was going to be happy after requesting RA, but that he wasn't sure how it was going to boil over for everybody else. But you are absolutely right. After reading it again, I see exactly what you are saying, and how it translates the other way.
    the ghost speaks greeklish. sometimes not easy to figure out.

LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Ray J. T. said:

Ray J. T. said:

the ghost speaks greeklish. sometimes not easy to figure out.

LOL
    Very true. Lol. but I also know that he usually has the inside information too.
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    edited June 2016
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    Fault is not the proper adjective. I haven't heard anyone complaining about that show. You have to phrase it as you made Binaural happen in Toronto! Lol.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,846
    No code
    Vs
    Ten
    Yield

Binaural
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I want ten and vs night one Wrigley and No Code and Yield night two - third sets each night filled with rarities
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Ray J. T. said:

Fault is not the proper adjective. I haven't heard anyone complaining about that show. You have to phrase it as you made Binaural happen in Toronto! Lol.
    Oh I know, it was sarcasm :peace:
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    1.BINAURAL - my fav album and was there on the rail, fucking amazing!
    2. Vs - only show I missed but my second fav album
    3. YIELD - was amazing and I got so many songs I didn't think I would ever hear
    4.TEN - finally gave me Deep and I mean it's all of Ten, that which started it all for so many of us
    5.NO CODE - a show that gives me Lukin, Habit and I'm Open is a good show.

Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422

1.BINAURAL
    2.TEN
    3.VS
    4.YIELD
    5.NO CODE

• Options
    weebleweeble Bristol, England Posts: 133
    edited June 2016
    Probably Ten would come first for me. Just for those sentimental moments of hearing it for the first time way back when...

So I'd go...

1. Ten
    2. Binaural
    3. Yield
    4. Vs
    5. No Code

:)

Post edited by weeble on
    This might pass, this might last, this may grow
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,561
    PJNB said:

1. No Code
    2. Yield
    3. Binaural
    4. Ten
    5. VS

Now if they ever play Vitalogy that moves to number one easily.

same
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    1) Pearl Jam (nice setting = Italian summer)
    2) Vs. (well-timed political act)
    3) No Code (experimentation at its finest at a 12.000-seat venue in a small town)
    4) Yield (to nature (Lake Michigan), sports (Bucks) and culture (Native American tribes) in general)
    5) Ten (PJ25)
    6) Binaural (goes hand in hand with the acoustics of the venue)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    personally id take binaural, closely followed by no code
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    1. No Code - Attended
    2. Binaural - Missed
    3. VS - Attended
    4. Yield - Attended
    5. Ten - Missed.

Yeah, Vitalogy would jump up into the top 3, Riot act would jump into top 5. Others would fill out bottom 5.
    I hope they do some of these album shows on future tours. It would be a shame to never see Binaural and for others to never see a No Code show.

If you've never been, these album shows are really fantastic and add a whole layer of excitement over everything.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    I have missed all full album shows. But I kinda hope that they only do each album once. Although I guess they did Ten twice. Albeit over 20 years apart.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Irish_AenimaIrish_Aenima Memphis, TN Posts: 122
    Riot Act
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Ray J. T. said:

Gtilley8 said:

Ray J. T. said:

Absolutely, I had actually started a thread a few weeks ago, very similar to what you are saying. With this being the final 2 shows of the tour not to mention 25 years, and how they have been killing it night after night of the tour, What can we expect for the stadium shows? I have a pretty good feeling we will see some surprise guests. And I am sure that rain delay from 2013 is still in the back of their minds, and the feel they really have to bring it this year.
    I still forget about the rain delay, probably from not having been to that show. But yeah. You gotta think that they didn't get to play the show they wanted that night.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    Gtilley8 said:

Ray J. T. said:

Gtilley8 said:

Ray J. T. said:

I still forget about the rain delay, probably from not having been to that show. But yeah. You gotta think that they didn't get to play the show they wanted that night.
    The original setlist was 40+ songs! And now this year its 2 nights. its gonna be one hell of a close to this years tour. I wasn't at that show in 2013 either I actually attended the New York shows that year.
  • Options
    cydoniacydonia Denbighshire, North Wales , UK Posts: 456
    Yield
    No code
    Vs
    Ten
    Binaural
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    If they play Riot act at either Fenway, it will be the 4th time that I will have heard Ghost!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    Of the ones I haven't heard live yet I'd go Vs but they just dropped that so Riot Act it is.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    agentpinckneyagentpinckney Lakemont, NY Posts: 267
    They have played No Code, Yield, Ten, Vs., Binaural and Pearl Jam (Avocado, years ago) ... so that leaves Riot Act, Backspacer, Vitalogy and Lightning Bolt.

Was at the Binaural show in Toronto. I'd be OK with any of them, but my preference would be:
    1. Vitalogy
    2. Riot Act
    3. Backspacer
    4. Lightning Bolt
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    I would love Yield (I have heard the full No Code and Ten)

From the 2000s, RA since we don't typically get too many songs from this album. I highly doubt they will ever play it in full but I will gladly eat my words if they do. Very underrated and overlooked album.

I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    TOTD
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 937
    Can someone remind what shows each full album was played at?
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,810

Can someone remind what shows each full album was played at?

1992: munich- Ten
    2006: torino- self titled
    2014: moline-no code, milwaukee- yield
    2016: greenville- VS, philly 2- Ten, toronto 1- binaural

That's off the top of my head. I need a new hobby lol.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2